Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Quick thoughts on the game

Default Quick thoughts on the game

1- Alex Smith answered a lot of questions today. I thought Aaron Rodgers was wearing 11 for us.

2- Apologies to Alex for Avery (and the rest of the WR group)

3- denver was almost never called for blatant holdings of Hali and T-Jax, and leg whips.

4- After Denver's last TD can somebody show me that "blow to the head" the officials called on us?

5- Cooper is a raw rookie and it showed, but I still think the kid has long term talent.

6- Time to trade Flowers this off season.

7- Not to wish injury on anyone, but Albert's injury might be a blessing in disguise for the Chiefs. Let's start Fishers development there.

8- I badly wanted us to draft Decker when he was coming up. It hurts me double that one of my favorite draft wishes skewered us so bad for the hated Donks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I do hope Fisher continues to develop. I just chimed in b/c this notion that he's all the sudden ready to be the Chiefs LT is silly. He's not. Especially in the middle of a playoff run.
    On that I agree with you 100%. I think Fischer is going to be a GREAT LT. But I think putting him there now would be a mistake. We have gotten to where we are this way and I don't think a major reshuffle in our O-line would be a good idea right now unless they are absolutely forced on us by injuries.

For me, I say "Stay the course". We still need to lock up a playoff berth and then focus on getting our first playoff win since before I had wrinkles and gray hair.

You do realize they watch the overhead camera when rating all these players? Good night, bub.
    And apparently are just as blind as you and see only what they want to see.

The first 5 run plays were not to Fisher's side. The 6th run play, was to his side. Here was the result. Fisher gets a clown suit put on him for a loss of 2:

http://gifboom.com/x/ec6b32f0
    OK, he does take a wrong angle and gets beat. But try telling me that this has never happened to Albert -- rubbish!!

The very next run play, Fisher has help on a double team, gets stood up by his guy and Charles gets tackled for a 3-yard gain.:

http://gifboom.com/x/99dc4035
    But of course, no mention of MrGrath missing his block on the SILB, allowing the SILB to fill the hole & forcing Charles to go back inside of Fisher or mention of the pulling Guard Jeff Allen clearly indicating that the play was supposed to go outside of Fisher, not inside him. Fisher is pushing the defender in the direction that he's supposed to. If McGrath blocks the SILB, then the WILB has to deal with the Allen, the pulling Guard, but Charles sees the hole that he's supposed to go already filled by the SILB and cuts it back inside to get what he can instead of getting getting hit for no gain or a loss. You're clearly seeing only what you want to see and are faulting the wrong guy.

They then ran 3 more plays not to his side. On the 3rd run to his side Fisher does a good job of getting his guy out of position:

http://gifboom.com/x/f35c6297
    Correct.

They run one more play to the left. Then on the goal line, Fisher gets blown back into Charles. No TD:

http://gifboom.com/x/b84f74b0
    That's pure absolute bullsh!t !! I just watched that play from the sideline cam as well. First off, Fisher stood his guy up and drove him back a bit & his block was good. The WILB for Denver does not get blocked by anybody & shoots the gap and tackles Charles before he can get into the end zone. Fisher goes down because Charles, in the process of being tackled, falls into the back of Fisher's legs.The guy that Fisher was blocking doesn't "blow him back", as you are falsely suggesting, doesn't make the play on Charles & if Asamoah could have picked off that WILB, then that's a touchdown. Why the need to fabricate lies to support your arguments?

4 straight runs not to his side then he does a good job of getting to the linebacker.

http://gifboom.com/x/2d90fd70
    This is the play I was referring to. They should run it more often.

One more run in the game, and that was it. They ran 13 times to the left, 5 to the right. I wonder why they seldom run behind him?
    Coincidence? Or that Charles is a natural left-hander? Pass-first Offense? probably a combination of all three.

The only time Fisher had success was when he didn't have to square up w/ a d-lineman and got to go downfield and block. Every other time he got destroyed at the point of attack.

So yes, POOR in the run game.
    -1. You fail. Only bad play was the 1st one. Room for impovement, yes. Poor, no.

I watch the games too. What's everyone else think based on rewatching these 5 times they ran behind him? Not poor?
    See above response. It's obvious you watch Albert through rose-colored glasses & watch Fisher through scapegoat lenses, as Fisher wasn't the guy that you wanted the Chiefs to draft & you were so certain that the Chiefs wouldn't draft a Tackle after Albert was franchised, but you guessed wrong. Sour grapes.

And just for reference, here were the 2 sacks he gave up that game:

http://gifboom.com/x/84c854ed

http://gifboom.com/x/855c949f

Awful.
    Do you mean just like the sack-strip that Albert allowed in the Buffalo game ( which resulted in a fumble that Fisher recovered )? Or the 9 sacks that Albert allowed in his last 5 starts in 2010 in his 3rd season? Oh wait, didn't your PFF stat sheet say that Fisher had allowed 6 sacks in his first 9 games on the field? And this, his first year in pro ball playing out of position & on the opposite side of where he played in college, whereas Albert has at least got to play on the same side of the O-Line that he played in college? And which player crybabied about where he wanted to play, whereas the other said he'd play wherever they wanted him to?

Albert played guard in college and developed into a damn fine LT.
    According to whom? Certainly not the other 31 teams in the NFL when he was on trading block and there were no takers & certainly not the Chiefs, as they refuse to pay him a top-5 LT contract & have already drafted his replacement. Fisher played LT in college & can develop into a better LT than Albert, if given the chance to play LT -- which I suspect he will come 2014, unless he tells the brass he wants to stay at RT.

Fisher needs to show vast improvement to avoid playing LT in college and guard in the NFL.
    What kind of a stupid statement is that? Fisher WAS a LT in college and a very good one & no, he's not a Guard in the NFL. Everybody has said he needs to improve, but by the same token, he's surpassed what we saw from Albert in 2009 & 2010.

Now we have conspiracy theories! Oh boy!
    Did you even see what happened in '97 and '98 and are you dumb enough to think I'm alone in that thought? Are really dumb enough to believe that the Donkeys won those 2 SB's outright on a level playing field? If so, then you are thinking exactly what the Donkeys camp wants you to think.

The reality is, the Donkeys camp can't stomach anyone pointing out how those 2 SB's were given to them & I've already pointed out a slew of points about it in other threads, but no worries for the Donkeys camp where you are concerned, because it's obvious they've got you eating into their BS like a kid eating mashed pears on a Thomas-the-train spoon.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-03-2013 at 03:21 AM.

The only time Fisher had success was when he didn't have to square up w/ a d-lineman and got to go downfield and block. Every other time he got destroyed at the point of attack.
    My bad, I forgot to put that in quotes in my above response. But, no he wasn't destroyed at the point of attack every time like Ryfo was suggesting. He could get better push, yes, and perhaps this off-season he'll get stronger and put on a bit more wight to help him out there.

BTW, you won't ever see me using Fisher as a crutch to not take an O-Lineman in round 1 of future drafts. If Dorsey/Reid decide they want to draft another O-Lineman in Round 1 because they think he's the best player on the board and can help make the Chiefs O-Line better, than so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    My bad, I forgot to put that in quotes in my above response. But, no he wasn't destroyed at the point of attack every time like Ryfo was suggesting. He could get better push, yes, and perhaps this off-season he'll get stronger and put on a bit more wight to help him out there.

BTW, you won't ever see me using Fisher as a crutch to not take an O-Lineman in round 1 of future drafts. If Dorsey/Reid decide they want to draft another O-Lineman in Round 1 because they think he's the best player on the board and can help make the Chiefs O-Line better, than so be it.
    Just not this upcoming year because we have some much greater needs than oline atm

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Just not this upcoming year because we have some much greater needs than oline atm
    Depends on what happens in the off-season. What if Albert, Asamoah, and Schwartz all walk after the season, as all will be unsigned after the season? Then what? And what IF when it comes their turn to pick in round 1, that it just so happens the WR or Defensive front 7 player isn't there, but an O-Lineman is? Then you take the O-Lineman if it falls that way.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Depends on what happens in the off-season. What if Albert, Asamoah, and Schwartz all walk after the season, as all will be unsigned after the season? Then what? And what IF when it comes their turn to pick in round 1, that it just so happens the WR or Defensive front 7 player isn't there, but an O-Lineman is? Then you take the O-Lineman if it falls that way.
    There's going to be many players this season that Want to stick around because even if we turn out to be pretenders this year, next year we will definatly be contenders. Who wants to walk away from a team that has this kind of potential?

Reid/Dorsey know that the OLine needs longevity in playing together they won't let more than half our Oline leave all at once

According to whom? Certainly not the other 31 teams in the NFL when he was on trading block and there were no takers & certainly not the Chiefs, as they refuse to pay him a top-5 LT contract & have already drafted his replacement. Fisher played LT in college & can develop into a better LT than Albert, if given the chance to play LT -- which I suspect he will come 2014, unless he tells the brass he wants to stay at RT.
    THIS. If Albert was so spectacular, why weren't Dorsey & Reid flooded with offers for him? They weren't. Miami kicked the tires a little bit, then decided to sign someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Well in fairness some of what Brdempsey has said about the league is fact as Denver was fined for some of the violations that he talks about after the fact. And Mark Schlereth on NFL has a couple of times mentioned they got away with chop blocks and they had a coach who taught them how to get away with it.
    Alex Gibbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    THIS. If Albert was so spectacular, why weren't Dorsey & Reid flooded with offers for him? They weren't. Miami kicked the tires a little bit, then decided to sign someone else.
    Thy wanted a 2nd rounder and were smart not to give him up cheap. We got to see what the LT trade market was when Eugene Monroe, who started at LT ahead of BA in Virginia and has also developed into a damn fine LT in the NFL as well and was also coincidentally in the last year of his contract, was traded to the Ravens for a 4th and 5th round pick. Monroe would go on to replace Mckinnie, whom Mr. Dempsey tried to tell me was better than Alvert last year. So please don't tell me nobody was interested in Albert. The Chiefs had a price set for him and nobody offered it and they wisely kept Albert.

Meanwhile, Miami's O-line has given up the most sacks in the league! Keep spreading the misinformation to further your anti-Albert agenda!
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-03-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast