Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick thoughts on the game

Hybrid View

Default Quick thoughts on the game

1- Alex Smith answered a lot of questions today. I thought Aaron Rodgers was wearing 11 for us.

2- Apologies to Alex for Avery (and the rest of the WR group)

3- denver was almost never called for blatant holdings of Hali and T-Jax, and leg whips.

4- After Denver's last TD can somebody show me that "blow to the head" the officials called on us?

5- Cooper is a raw rookie and it showed, but I still think the kid has long term talent.

6- Time to trade Flowers this off season.

7- Not to wish injury on anyone, but Albert's injury might be a blessing in disguise for the Chiefs. Let's start Fishers development there.

8- I badly wanted us to draft Decker when he was coming up. It hurts me double that one of my favorite draft wishes skewered us so bad for the hated Donks.

Not even going to do one of these I'm just sick of the advantage denver gets every freaking game there O line gets away with soooooooooooooooooooo freaking many hold it does impact the game. The more this season goes the more it bugs me.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

9- Thank you Tamba Hali. Gimpy or not you are one of my all time favorite Chiefs.

10- Over 3 minutes left in the game, why a quick pass drive?!!!! Why?! Why?!

I agree with 1-3. I didn't see #4, but don't think it made much of a difference. I hope you are correct on #5.

Completely disagree with trading Flowers. If the GM needs the cap space, then maybe. But I think he is doing quite well. I dont undretand that people want to drop Flowers when we need 3 CBs to go against the Donkeys.

On #7, didn't they put Stephenson at LT when Albert went down? I doubt they would change that up.

Agreed. It's very frustrating.

1-Correct. Alex can throw down the field, in spite of what detractors were saying.

2-WR is clearly an area of need this off-season.

3-One Chiefs fan on facebook said he counted 11 blatant holds that were not called. I'm not buying into any "well, the officials can't see everything" BS. They are seeing it, but blatantly refusing to call it. Same as in '97 and '98.

5-Stupid decision to leave Cooper alone for as long as they did on Decker. Smart coaches dispatch a 2nd defender to double up on Decker and take him out of the game.

6-Agreed. Flowers has seemingly lost it, as of late. Might as well try to get something in return for him.

7-Yes. Starting with practice this week, plug Fisher in at LT and do not look back. It may take a couple of games to adjust, but so what? People were willing to give Albert years to make the adjustment from Guard to LT, whereas Fisher has played LT for years in college.

8-The Chiefs great GM, Pioli, in his infinite wisdom, decided to take a nickel CB ( Arenas ) at #50 in the 2nd round with the pick that the Chiefs got for Tony G. and add to that a nickel CB that many had rated no better than a 4th rounder. Some had Decker rated a mid to late 2nd rounder. To me, that 2010 draft sucked, outside of getting an okay pick in round 5 in Kendrick Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    1-Correct. Alex can throw down the field, in spite of what detractors were saying.

2-WR is clearly an area of need this off-season.

3-One Chiefs fan on facebook said he counted 11 blatant holds that were not called. I'm not buying into any "well, the officials can't see everything" BS. They are seeing it, but blatantly refusing to call it. Same as in '97 and '98.

5-Stupid decision to leave Cooper alone for as long as they did on Decker. Smart coaches dispatch a 2nd defender to double up on Decker and take him out of the game.

6-Agreed. Flowers has seemingly lost it, as of late. Might as well try to get something in return for him.

7-Yes. Starting with practice this week, plug Fisher in at LT and do not look back. It may take a couple of games to adjust, but so what? People were willing to give Albert years to make the adjustment from Guard to LT, whereas Fisher has played LT for years in college.

8-The Chiefs great GM, Pioli, in his infinite wisdom, decided to take a nickel CB ( Arenas ) at #50 in the 2nd round with the pick that the Chiefs got for Tony G. and add to that a nickel CB that many had rated no better than a 4th rounder. Some had Decker rated a mid to late 2nd rounder. To me, that 2010 draft sucked, outside of getting an okay pick in round 5 in Kendrick Lewis.
    Even though I said the officials can't see everything I agree that there were blatant non-calls. But in just don't agree with over exaggerating it saying our team sucks and our season is over. Gotta admit the officials gave us 1 when Avery fumbled though. I think Reid not throwing runs in there with that last drive hurt us bad, even if we scored Manning had plenty of time to get into field goal position. This is the second game where Reid's clock management skills are lacking

I agree with pretty much everything listed. I wrote in our first loss that our defensive collapse in the fourth quarter was troubling. And again, I told my wife last week that our D was in free-fall and I thought we might end up 9-7. I think we MIGHT win Oakland at home and go 10-6. But my gut says we have already won the last game we will win for the season. Let the hate flow, but our D has lost whatever spark they had earlier. We were the #1 defense in the league through the first 9 games. They showed a graphic in-game that showed after our 2 losses, we were down to #15. After this loss, we'll probably drop to #20 or #22. I am glad we had the run we had, but I think from here out we get rolled. Not hating, just being realistic. We can't pressure any QB and we can't cover anybody. Add those 2 things and our chance of winning drops to, maybe, 10%.

Officials are going to protect Manning at all costs so the holding will continue for as long as the man plays the game. No ands, ifs, or buts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Officials are going to protect Manning at all costs so the holding will continue for as long as the man plays the game. No ands, ifs, or buts about it.
    Yep

Anther thing that set me off was the drive before the hall when Alex was called for grounding even the Tv annoncers said he was out of the pocket and no ref threw the flag until WELL after the play that was a BS call to help Denver. Denver's going to get help the rest of the year it's just how it is. Just tics me off. I would rather lose then have to get help to win
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast