Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too soon for mock drafts? SB nation doesn't think so.

Default Too soon for mock drafts? SB nation doesn't think so.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...dy-bridgewater

27. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina: Anthony Fasano and Sean McGrath have played about an equal number of snaps at tight end for the Chiefs this season and both have been equally below-average. Ebron may be only a receiving tight end, but he's a good one. He'll likely be the fastest tight end in the draft and can make spectacular catches.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    One thing to remember is we don't have a 2nd round pick.
    I have a strong feeling we will be getting a second round pick via a trade. We will be in serious cap problems and Flowers should get us a second round and free up some big time dough. He is not needed as much as say Hali, Houston, Bowe, Berry and other big name players. I would love to keep them all, but really don't see that option. Not signing BA will also free up a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I have a strong feeling we will be getting a second round pick via a trade. We will be in serious cap problems and Flowers should get us a second round and free up some big time dough. He is not needed as much as say Hali, Houston, Bowe, Berry and other big name players. I would love to keep them all, but really don't see that option. Not signing BA will also free up a ton.
    The way Dorsey has renegotiated existing contracts this year, I would be surprised to see Flowers gone, he will be renegotiated. Not signing BA and cutting Dunta Robinson would save us nearly $13mil in cap space. There will probably be a couple other people not resigned giving us another couple mil. I just don't see who you could replace Flowers with in a division with Manning and 3 GOOD receivers as well as SD with some good receivers and people coming back from injury next year. Do you burn your first round pick on a CB when we have needs on O? Manning will have a field day on a first or second round rookie. Any decent CB isn't going to be much cheaper than Flowers is now. People seem to forget that Flowers for the most part shut down the most prolific WR in the last 5 years or something (Welker). Where are you going to replace that production?
    Last edited by jap1; 12-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Is there anyway we could get rid of Chase Daniel's contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Is there anyway we could get rid of Chase Daniel's contract?
    According to this (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-ci.../cap-hit/2014/) we would only save 400,000 (cap hit minus dead money).

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    According to this (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-ci.../cap-hit/2014/) we would only save 400,000 (cap hit minus dead money).
    To me that was easily Dorsey's worst signing of the off season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12