Thread: First HC Axed

Hybrid View

Default First HC Axed

I think this is the first

Gary Kubiak is out in Houston.

After an 11-game losing streak that had them going from two-time AFC South champions to contestants for the first overall draft pick far sooner than anyone expected, the Houston Texans have fired head coach Gary Kubiak. The MMQB.com’s Peter King speculated on Twitter this morning that the firing could happen, and Jay Glazer of FOX Sports said before Kubiak’s Friday press conference that the coach had told his coaching staff that he had been let go.
    The team made it official during a Friday morning press conference.

defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will take over as interim coach for the remainder of the campaign

link

Texans are 2-11. with the season winding down its that time of the year and more are probably on the way
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

...Another one bites the dust.

Not a surprise everyone knew this would happen it was just a matter of if it was now or end of the season
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

surpised there haven't been more wacked
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Kubiak is a good coach. His Os in Denver were always a thorn on the Chiefs side. I wish we could add him to our staff in some capacity.