Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

Default Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

The GOOD:

Just about everything. Offense, Defense, and Special teams all pitched in and the sum of these 3 parts equaled the Chiefs best overall performance of the year.

The mental toughness displayed by the Chiefs team to ignore the elements & go out and play football and this cannot be understated. Especially, Alex Smith, as he had nowhere near the struggles with the inclement weather that RGIII did. Alex played as though it was perfect weather & I'm betting money that if Manning and the Donkeys have to play in snowy weather, they won't be able to hack it.

Knile Davis getting his 1st rushing TD on a brilliant piece of running. Many considered the selection of Davis to be a draft day whiff, but it might be a Home Run in the not-too-distant future.

O-Line play was good and Stephenson & Fisher both did a good job against Orakpo and Kerrigan. No sacks given up or any penalties committed by either and the future looks promising with these two young athletic Tackles. Granted, there might be struggles in upcoming games, but to me, both are worth taking the time to develop and let them go through the growing pains to get valuable experience.

After a month long dry spell, the opposing QB was once again having to deal with fierce pressure & went down 6 times. Granted, the Skins O-Line isn't that good, but ask yourself an honest question -- is the Donkeys O-Line really THAT much better or do they simply get away with holding a lot more often just for Manning's sake?

Kick returns. The Chiefs just ripped the Skin's guts out in this area. No two ways about it.

Defense pitched a 2nd half shutout.

The BAD:

Chase Daniel. I predict in 2014, he won't be the #2 QB. Bray should pass him by.

The UGLY:

Not much outside of Daniel and Cooper getting the wind knocked out of him.

================================================== ===================

BTW, Fasano may be getting back on the field next week and Reid said Houston is progressing with his injury.

Thoughts?

Damned right poor RG III !!!! Stupid announcers should have been saying it BEFORE the game. He was facing the CHIEFS and was DOOMED before the first snap!!!

I know what was going through his head before the game.....He was thinking...."OH MAN! This is gonna be bad...real bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The GOOD:

Just about everything. Offense, Defense, and Special teams all pitched in and the sum of these 3 parts equaled the Chiefs best overall performance of the year.

The mental toughness displayed by the Chiefs team to ignore the elements & go out and play football and this cannot be understated. Especially, Alex Smith, as he had nowhere near the struggles with the inclement weather that RGIII did. Alex played as though it was perfect weather & I'm betting money that if Manning and the Donkeys have to play in snowy weather, they won't be able to hack it.

Knile Davis getting his 1st rushing TD on a brilliant piece of running. Many considered the selection of Davis to be a draft day whiff, but it might be a Home Run in the not-too-distant future.

O-Line play was good and Stephenson & Fisher both did a good job against Orakpo and Kerrigan. No sacks given up or any penalties committed by either and the future looks promising with these two young athletic Tackles. Granted, there might be struggles in upcoming games, but to me, both are worth taking the time to develop and let them go through the growing pains to get valuable experience.

After a month long dry spell, the opposing QB was once again having to deal with fierce pressure & went down 6 times. Granted, the Skins O-Line isn't that good, but ask yourself an honest question -- is the Donkeys O-Line really THAT much better or do they simply get away with holding a lot more often just for Manning's sake?

Kick returns. The Chiefs just ripped the Skin's guts out in this area. No two ways about it.

Defense pitched a 2nd half shutout.

The BAD:

Chase Daniel. I predict in 2014, he won't be the #2 QB. Bray should pass him by.

The UGLY:

Not much outside of Daniel and Cooper getting the wind knocked out of him.

================================================== ===================

BTW, Fasano may be getting back on the field next week and Reid said Houston is progressing with his injury.

Thoughts?
    All good points. Definitely the most fun I've had watching Chiefs games this year. The beauty of it was we as fans knew the Chiefs needed to go into DC and take care of business, and they DID. We just walked into DC and flattened a team with a talented roster & coach. Offense, Defense & Special Teams made HUGE plays.

Two names I'd like to bring up - Quintin Demps and Mike DeVito. These guys do nothing but make plays or give everyone else around them a chance to make a play. I'm surprised people/media aren't talking about them a lot more. Demps has been solid from word go. Having DeVito back is giving our D line it's swagger back. Have been watching the Time Warner Red Zone show, there is one play where it shows DeVito being doubled teamed and their O-line STILL getting pushed back.

Knile Davis was awesome. When they rotated him in, the running game didn't lose a step. Chef McCluster did his thing & served up more crow. Alex Smith is one of the few QB's I've seen that has 137 yards passing stats with 2 td's. JC is amazing. No matter how much the passing game improves, JC always steps his game up and makes the running game that much better. Once the drops were cut down, look at the effects it's had on both the running game as well as the passing game.

Would have to agree about Chase Daniel. His throws were erratic and all over the place. If he's #2, he has GOT to be more prepared than that to run this offense. Cooper I'd give a hall pass to - He played decent throughout the game, and when he did get hurt on that play, he was going for the ball, not trying to hold onto the reciever.

My final thought is that this is why if given the chance...NAIL THE COFFIN DOOR SHUT. When we went up 10-0, you could still see hope in the eyes of the redskins. When we went up 17, you could see some hope - "Hey two TD's and we're back in this thing.." but when we went up 24, their day was done. When they did score it was more out of frustration than a serious attempt to comeback. We still have Oakland, Indy and SD coming up. If we get up on these teams we can't go flat and call ten points enough.

the dead skins were just target practice
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I've been trying (not very successfully) to not get TOO excited about this win. It was after all the lowly 3-10 scumskins. But you know, we have played a few pretty crappy teams this year and we have barely been able to squeek out the wins. Every game we have won before this one was because one part of our team just came through big time....mostly the defense. But in this win all three aspects of our team brought their "A-game". Special teams were phenomenal. The Defense built the Berlin Wall and dared the scumskins to try to get past it. Our Offense was SOLID! Even our receivers forgot (almost) how to drop passes. And we flat out bulldozed these guys.

If we can get to the playoffs and play like we did yesterday I don't think there is a team out there that can beat us.

Perhaps most impressive are Reid and Dorsey. This team is not all that different personel-wise than last year. Yet it is a totally different team. There are some new pieces certainly, but a lot of the pieces are the same. But they are playing SO MUCH BETTER. For that I think the thanks need to go to Reid and Dorsey every bit as much as it does to the players.

Thank you Clark Hunt for not letting Reid get away.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-09-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The BAD:

Chase Daniel might be the only QB in the league who can't complete a pass to Junior Hemingway, as evident yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    One huge positive I saw on the stat sheet was Knile Davis getting involved.
    Cyrus Grey too. He is quietly a pretty reliable backup.

I personally thought going in that the Chiefs were the better team than the Skins, but I also thought the weather might equalize things and make it anybody's ball game. The problem for the Redskins was they got too far behind, too fast, and it took them out of their running game and left them with having to throw the ball in inclement weather and they just couldn't do it.

Alex Smith, on the other hand, was completely unfazed by the elements. There were not spectacular throws, but effective ones that helped moved the ball & put points on the scoreboard that helped the Chiefs seize an early foothold and they never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    When was the last time we blew out a team to the effect that the game was over by HT ?
    doesn't it make you wish Bray was not inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Chase Daniel might be the only QB in the league who can't complete a pass to Junior Hemingway, as evident yesterday.
    Got that right! I'm really hoping Tyler Bray has been getting some serious work this year. I have high hopes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Even our receivers forgot (almost) how to drop passes.
    Nice! LOL

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast