Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

Default Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

The GOOD:

Just about everything. Offense, Defense, and Special teams all pitched in and the sum of these 3 parts equaled the Chiefs best overall performance of the year.

The mental toughness displayed by the Chiefs team to ignore the elements & go out and play football and this cannot be understated. Especially, Alex Smith, as he had nowhere near the struggles with the inclement weather that RGIII did. Alex played as though it was perfect weather & I'm betting money that if Manning and the Donkeys have to play in snowy weather, they won't be able to hack it.

Knile Davis getting his 1st rushing TD on a brilliant piece of running. Many considered the selection of Davis to be a draft day whiff, but it might be a Home Run in the not-too-distant future.

O-Line play was good and Stephenson & Fisher both did a good job against Orakpo and Kerrigan. No sacks given up or any penalties committed by either and the future looks promising with these two young athletic Tackles. Granted, there might be struggles in upcoming games, but to me, both are worth taking the time to develop and let them go through the growing pains to get valuable experience.

After a month long dry spell, the opposing QB was once again having to deal with fierce pressure & went down 6 times. Granted, the Skins O-Line isn't that good, but ask yourself an honest question -- is the Donkeys O-Line really THAT much better or do they simply get away with holding a lot more often just for Manning's sake?

Kick returns. The Chiefs just ripped the Skin's guts out in this area. No two ways about it.

Defense pitched a 2nd half shutout.

The BAD:

Chase Daniel. I predict in 2014, he won't be the #2 QB. Bray should pass him by.

The UGLY:

Not much outside of Daniel and Cooper getting the wind knocked out of him.

================================================== ===================

BTW, Fasano may be getting back on the field next week and Reid said Houston is progressing with his injury.

Thoughts?

when Manning's gone we'll shake hands with the donks on their way to the sellar
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    when Manning's gone we'll shake hands with the donks on their way to the cellar
    Right on. Watch what happens to the Donkeys when he's gone and they are forced to play on a level playing field. They won't be any better than a .500 team, if even that. Their clock is ticking down.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    when Manning's gone we'll shake hands with the donks on their way to the sellar
    Nope! Our Chiefs will stuff them into the cellar and lock the damned door!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Nope! Our Chiefs will stuff them into the cellar and lock the damned door!
    the key, don't forget to throw away the key
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thanks for the reminder. Memory isn't what it used to be. Stuff them in the cellar, lock the door then drop the key out the door of a plane over the Pacific Ocean!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    not gonna brag (oh yes I am) been saying DeVito was more to this defense and to TAMBA Hali than everyone gave home credit for. He comes back after 3 WEEKS injury and the defense comes alive again with QB pressure all day! A healthy Tyson Jackson helped hugely as well. The chiefs defense got injured which could be a good thing long term. It forced the offense to step up and compete and now we have a more balanced team because of it. If the media doesn't see that the chiefs are a team that shouldn't be taken lightly they are dead wrong!
    DeVito's value was no doubt underestimated by a lot of us, until he wasn't there. Opponents really have a tough time moving him off the LOS and DeVito more often than not will defeat single blockers. We all know now the value of the starting three of DeVito, Jackson, and Poe.

And yes, it's good to see the Offense making strides and improving. Jamaal is healthy, the O-Line is better than any we've seen since Roaf and Shields retired and they have depth. The TE position is serviceable as long as Fasano and McGrath stay healthy. The WR group just simply needs to be more consistent about getting open and hanging on to the football. Overall, the Chiefs do have a capable Offense and it's just a matter of execution.

Did Jerrel Powe play? If so how did he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Did Jerrel Powe play? If so how did he do?
    I don't know. The NFL Game Rewind upload got corrupted and garbled in the 2nd half of the game, so I haven't got to see the entire second half.

I watched the whole game, but I forgot to look for him. I so want him to pan out long term for us.

I listened to the live audio broadcast of the game & you can rest assured that Mitch and Lenny were enjoying the barrage of Chiefs points that were going up on that scoreboard. I think they were just as surprised as many of were, considering the elements, but just as delighted.

I did see the empty stadium starting at the beginning of the 2nd half & I don't believe I've ever seen the Skins stadium that empty in over 4 decades.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast