Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

Default Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

The GOOD:

Just about everything. Offense, Defense, and Special teams all pitched in and the sum of these 3 parts equaled the Chiefs best overall performance of the year.

The mental toughness displayed by the Chiefs team to ignore the elements & go out and play football and this cannot be understated. Especially, Alex Smith, as he had nowhere near the struggles with the inclement weather that RGIII did. Alex played as though it was perfect weather & I'm betting money that if Manning and the Donkeys have to play in snowy weather, they won't be able to hack it.

Knile Davis getting his 1st rushing TD on a brilliant piece of running. Many considered the selection of Davis to be a draft day whiff, but it might be a Home Run in the not-too-distant future.

O-Line play was good and Stephenson & Fisher both did a good job against Orakpo and Kerrigan. No sacks given up or any penalties committed by either and the future looks promising with these two young athletic Tackles. Granted, there might be struggles in upcoming games, but to me, both are worth taking the time to develop and let them go through the growing pains to get valuable experience.

After a month long dry spell, the opposing QB was once again having to deal with fierce pressure & went down 6 times. Granted, the Skins O-Line isn't that good, but ask yourself an honest question -- is the Donkeys O-Line really THAT much better or do they simply get away with holding a lot more often just for Manning's sake?

Kick returns. The Chiefs just ripped the Skin's guts out in this area. No two ways about it.

Defense pitched a 2nd half shutout.

The BAD:

Chase Daniel. I predict in 2014, he won't be the #2 QB. Bray should pass him by.

The UGLY:

Not much outside of Daniel and Cooper getting the wind knocked out of him.

================================================== ===================

BTW, Fasano may be getting back on the field next week and Reid said Houston is progressing with his injury.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think if they just get a top level WR this offense can be up there with the best in the league
    Bowe is a bad man when he's focused. That TD catch last Sunday was bad ***. He needs to keep focused. And yes, we need another top level WR. And for Pete's sake keep giving Junior more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I remember years back our players taunting the Raider fans as well. what sticks out in my mind was Niel Smith coming off the field. stuck his thumbs in the helmut earholes and waving his hands back and fourth. man did they throw the crap at him LMAO
    That was a good one...I have two favorite Raiders game sideline moments...

During the '95 season, when we had Art Shell and Marcus Allen, both of them were dressed head to toe in Chiefs gear, looking up and waving toward Al Davis' suite...Al Davis just mouthing and going off !!

The other time was much later when Gunther Cunningham was the head coach. Went into Oakland and won, and of course Raiders fans were just livid and throwing stuff at the players as they exited the field. Finally Gunther was walking off, and they began yelling at him...Gunther yelling back "Yeah, Whatever. Who won the game ?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One thing that I noticed. Thus far in 12 games the Chiefs Offense has put the ball in end zone 30 times -- 12 rushing and 18 passing. Add the 10 return TD's and you have a total of 40 for the season. That's a far cry from the season total of 20 scored in 2011 and the season total of 18 in 2012.

Think about that. Alex has thrown 18 TD's in 12 games thus far and nearly matched the teams total TD output of 2011 and equaled the total TD output of 2012. The cost of trading for Alex did appear steep on the surface at first, but when you consider those stats, plus more importantly the number of victories, then you start to wonder if the cost was really as steep as it first appeared.
    Andy Reid knew what he was doing when he went after Smith. Granted two second round picks is steep...but after going from 2-14 to a 9-0 start, 10-3 current record and talking about the playoffs...The thing that really surprised me about Alex was his ability to scramble. Just a straight north/south runner, and very fast. There was one run he made during the Cleveland game were he was clearly pulling away from the Cleveland LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I remember that. Neil was being quite provocative to say the least.
    But that does not give people the right to throw things at him, stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

A Sonic Drive-in in Belton, Missouri, a town just outside of Kansas City, caused some controversy on Sunday when they put up a sign that read, “‘KC CHIEFS’ WILL SCALP THE REDSKINS FEED THEM WHISKEY SEND – 2 – RESERVATION.”

The sign has since been taken down, and Sonic has apologized for the employee who made it. Sonic’s Vice President of Public Relations, Patrick Lenow, shared the following statement with NBC News:

“The remarks posted on this message board were wrong, offensive and unacceptable. In a misguided effort to support his football team an independent franchise owner allowed passion to override good judgment. The owner has reinforced with his employees the boundaries of what is acceptable and unacceptable. On behalf of the franchise owner and our entire brand we apologize for the offensive remarks.”

Following is a look at the sign Lenow apologized for on Sunday.

Read more at http://gamedayr.com/sports/sonic-res...Ki9IOIYwKD8.99

its considered racist. bother you?? not me
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

OH GOOD GRIEF!!!! It's idiotic how far "political correctness" is being carried these days.

Wonder if they had a "KC Chiefs" will shoot the browns feed them crack and send -2- hood

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Wonder if they had a "KC Chiefs" will shoot the browns feed them crack and send -2- hood
    Nah.....That's what we do to raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Just can't wait to be able to see how Tyler Bray is coming along. We got him Fo Freeeeeeee!
    I feel pretty much the same. Hoping Bray develops, becomes the backup to Alex Smith and then steps right in when Alex Smith retires. If that happens we will have in effect paid 2 2cond round picks for 2 upper tier starting quarterbacks. That would be a BARGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Andy Reid knew what he was doing when he went after Smith. Granted two second round picks is steep...but after going from 2-14 to a 9-0 start, 10-3 current record and talking about the playoffs...The thing that really surprised me about Alex was his ability to scramble. Just a straight north/south runner, and very fast. There was one run he made during the Cleveland game were he was clearly pulling away from the Cleveland LB's.
    I think they tried for Nick Foles first.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast