Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10


    2 Not allowed!
    The GOOD:

    Just about everything. Offense, Defense, and Special teams all pitched in and the sum of these 3 parts equaled the Chiefs best overall performance of the year.

    The mental toughness displayed by the Chiefs team to ignore the elements & go out and play football and this cannot be understated. Especially, Alex Smith, as he had nowhere near the struggles with the inclement weather that RGIII did. Alex played as though it was perfect weather & I'm betting money that if Manning and the Donkeys have to play in snowy weather, they won't be able to hack it.

    Knile Davis getting his 1st rushing TD on a brilliant piece of running. Many considered the selection of Davis to be a draft day whiff, but it might be a Home Run in the not-too-distant future.

    O-Line play was good and Stephenson & Fisher both did a good job against Orakpo and Kerrigan. No sacks given up or any penalties committed by either and the future looks promising with these two young athletic Tackles. Granted, there might be struggles in upcoming games, but to me, both are worth taking the time to develop and let them go through the growing pains to get valuable experience.

    After a month long dry spell, the opposing QB was once again having to deal with fierce pressure & went down 6 times. Granted, the Skins O-Line isn't that good, but ask yourself an honest question -- is the Donkeys O-Line really THAT much better or do they simply get away with holding a lot more often just for Manning's sake?

    Kick returns. The Chiefs just ripped the Skin's guts out in this area. No two ways about it.

    Defense pitched a 2nd half shutout.

    The BAD:

    Chase Daniel. I predict in 2014, he won't be the #2 QB. Bray should pass him by.

    The UGLY:

    Not much outside of Daniel and Cooper getting the wind knocked out of him.

    ================================================== ===================

    BTW, Fasano may be getting back on the field next week and Reid said Houston is progressing with his injury.


    Thoughts?

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If the Chiefs players get 9-volt batteries thrown at them, then I hope they pick them up and throw them back at the Raiders fans.

  3. #62
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    One thing that I noticed. Thus far in 12 games the Chiefs Offense has put the ball in end zone 30 times -- 12 rushing and 18 passing. Add the 10 return TD's and you have a total of 40 for the season. That's a far cry from the season total of 20 scored in 2011 and the season total of 18 in 2012.

    Think about that. Alex has thrown 18 TD's in 12 games thus far and nearly matched the teams total TD output of 2011 and equaled the total TD output of 2012. The cost of trading for Alex did appear steep on the surface at first, but when you consider those stats, plus more importantly the number of victories, then you start to wonder if the cost was really as steep as it first appeared.

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,042
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    If the Chiefs players get 9-volt batteries thrown at them, then I hope they pick them up and throw them back at the Raiders fans.
    I remember years back our players taunting the Raider fans as well. what sticks out in my mind was Niel Smith coming off the field. stuck his thumbs in the helmut earholes and waving his hands back and fourth. man did they throw the crap at him LMAO
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  5. #64
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I remember years back our players taunting the Raider fans as well. what sticks out in my mind was Niel Smith coming off the field. stuck his thumbs in the helmut earholes and waving his hands back and fourth. man did they throw the crap at him LMAO
    I remember that. Neil was being quite provocative to say the least.

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,485
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 307

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One thing that I noticed. Thus far in 12 games the Chiefs Offense has put the ball in end zone 30 times -- 12 rushing and 18 passing. Add the 10 return TD's and you have a total of 40 for the season. That's a far cry from the season total of 20 scored in 2011 and the season total of 18 in 2012.

    Think about that. Alex has thrown 18 TD's in 12 games thus far and nearly matched the teams total TD output of 2011 and equaled the total TD output of 2012. The cost of trading for Alex did appear steep on the surface at first, but when you consider those stats, plus more importantly the number of victories, then you start to wonder if the cost was really as steep as it first appeared.
    Absolutely. Some interesting numbers from Alex.....

    275 completions in 13 games. More than he has had in any other ENTIRE SEASON.

    Average 221 yards passing per game. His best ever.

    18 TD passes. Tied for his best season ever (2009).

    2873 yards passing. 271 less than his best ever (2011) And that was for a full 16 games. So all he needs is an average of 90.34 yards passing per game through the rest of the season to surpass his previous best.

    Alex is having a very good year.

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,042
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I remember that. Neil was being quite provocative to say the least.
    I think you get the flag for that today
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  8. #67
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,921
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 3

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One thing that I noticed. Thus far in 12 games the Chiefs Offense has put the ball in end zone 30 times -- 12 rushing and 18 passing. Add the 10 return TD's and you have a total of 40 for the season. That's a far cry from the season total of 20 scored in 2011 and the season total of 18 in 2012.

    Think about that. Alex has thrown 18 TD's in 12 games thus far and nearly matched the teams total TD output of 2011 and equaled the total TD output of 2012. The cost of trading for Alex did appear steep on the surface at first, but when you consider those stats, plus more importantly the number of victories, then you start to wonder if the cost was really as steep as it first appeared.
    Other than checking down or basically throwing a ball away, he is a pretty accurate passer. He has had numerous dropped balls that hit the recievers square in the chest. I can really think of two passes this year that were just really bad bad passes. Last week against Denver was one.

  9. #68
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,485
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 307

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    No matter how you slice it, 2 2cond round picks is a lot to pay. But often times in a trade a team pays a lot and winds up not getting much production from what they traded for. Certainly can't say that about Alex Smith.

  10. #69
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    614
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 70

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just can't wait to be able to see how Tyler Bray is coming along. We got him Fo Freeeeeeee!

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,543
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Absolutely. Some interesting numbers from Alex.....

    275 completions in 13 games. More than he has had in any other ENTIRE SEASON.

    Average 221 yards passing per game. His best ever.

    18 TD passes. Tied for his best season ever (2009).

    2873 yards passing. 271 less than his best ever (2011) And that was for a full 16 games. So all he needs is an average of 90.34 yards passing per game through the rest of the season to surpass his previous best.

    Alex is having a very good year.
    He has also already passed his season high for rushing yards. In fact for total yards he is only 83 away from catching that. Some people still think that Alex is holding this offense back. I think if they just get a top level WR this offense can be up there with the best in the league

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KC Chiefs Fan in Maryland... Will be at Redskins Game 12/8
    By RonaldElizabeth Chapman in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 08:36 PM
  2. ***Official Chiefs vs Redskins Game thread***
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 09:40 PM
  3. Chiefs @ Redskins - Going to Game?
    By OkieChief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
  4. Chiefs vs Jets game/ my thoughts
    By JMDChiefs58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 09:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •