Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: donks and bolts game thread

Default donks and bolts game thread

Eat it roy I'm making a game thread

maybe the Chargers can help us out a little and get us back in the fight for the AFC west
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    why would we bench our starters???
    There was some talk that we will start resting our starters for the last 2 games since we would likely be locked in the #5 seed and would have been out of the running for the #1 and 2 seed. That was under the assumption that Denver would win this week. Now that they lost, we are back in contention for the AFC West and the #2 seed (#1 is reachable but only if the pats lose).

Also, since we are a lock for #5 and playing the Colts, there was some talk that we may dumb down our O and D for the game next week since the game wouldn't matter and we'd play them again in 2 weeks when it really mattered (wildcard game).

Matt was right about what he said at the beginning of the season about the Donkeys in a similar position as the 2003 Chiefs -- great Offense but the Defense folded at season's end.

The Donkeys camp is probably in a panic because they think they are going to win the SB and that was/is their expectation for this season. They weren't expecting any competition within the division and now they're getting a rude awakening.

For the Chiefs, this season has already realistically exceeded expectations. The bar may have been raised by starting off 9-0, but since the 3 game losing streak occurred, I believe a great many have put on the brakes & it's more of "take them down one game at a time and try & capture a post-season slot and go from there".

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    There was some talk that we will start resting our starters for the last 2 games since we would likely be locked in the #5 seed and would have been out of the running for the #1 and 2 seed. That was under the assumption that Denver would win this week. Now that they lost, we are back in contention for the AFC West and the #2 seed (#1 is reachable but only if the pats lose).

Also, since we are a lock for #5 and playing the Colts, there was some talk that we may dumb down our O and D for the game next week since the game wouldn't matter and we'd play them again in 2 weeks when it really mattered (wildcard game).
    As long as we're clearly winning the game and they won't come back, have no problem benching the starters at all. But the bottom line is we still have to win games. Our chances at Arrowhead are always better, besides I'd rather see all the money generated from those games stay in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Matt was right about what he said at the beginning of the season about the Donkeys in a similar position as the 2003 Chiefs -- great Offense but the Defense folded at season's end.

The Donkeys camp is probably in a panic because they think they are going to win the SB and that was/is their expectation for this season. They weren't expecting any competition within the division and now they're getting a rude awakening.

For the Chiefs, this season has already realistically exceeded expectations. The bar may have been raised by starting off 9-0, but since the 3 game losing streak occurred, I believe a great many have put on the brakes & it's more of "take them down one game at a time and try & capture a post-season slot and go from there".
    The Donks lately have been fighting a trend of trying to come back from behind. They aren't making a lot of adjustments; If they were they wouldn't have fallen sucker to the same crossing patterns that ripped our D. Whether or not it's because they CAN"T make adjustments, or because they're holding back until the playoffs...That's the big question.

Eydugstr, I agree our chances are probably better at home ... BUT we do have a better record on the road than at home this season, so I am not too concerned about home field/away advantage. I think we have a big advantage in that we will be able to handle poor weather a lot better than teams like Miami or Indy who aren't used to it.

To be honest, the Chiefs pleasantly shocked me last Sunday with the way they handled the elements. It does indeed bode very well for them come post-season time.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Eydugstr, I agree our chances are probably better at home ... BUT we do have a better record on the road than at home this season, so I am not too concerned about home field/away advantage. I think we have a big advantage in that we will be able to handle poor weather a lot better than teams like Miami or Indy who aren't used to it.
    Definitely agree about this team being road warriors. Still want to see Arrowhead's 137.5 decibels in the postseason!

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    I hate Peyton Manning. Well I hate Phillip Rivers also. But I hate Manning more. And what kind of a name is Peyton anyway?
    Gay.
    Crush The raiders!

Bolt.....Just wanted to say "Thank you" for the fine job your boys did Thursday night!!!! We'll open a can of serious whuppash on the riaders tomorrow and maybe, just maybe we'll be able to demote the donkeys to 5th seed. Appreciate your boys doing their part.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Bolt.....Just wanted to say "Thank you" for the fine job your boys did Thursday night!!!! We'll open a can of serious whuppash on the riaders tomorrow and maybe, just maybe we'll be able to demote the donkeys to 5th seed. Appreciate your boys doing their part.
    I'm pulling for you guys tomorrow and the week after but if the Bolts are still playoff relevant in week 17, then I'm all in for the Bolts. Would you expect anything different?
    Crush The raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    I'm pulling for you guys tomorrow and the week after but if the Bolts are still playoff relevant in week 17, then I'm all in for the Bolts. Would you expect anything different?
    You would be a pretty sad sack fan if you didn't. Personally I'd kind of like it if the AFC West sent 3 teams to the playoffs. I HATES me some raiders and those damned fish too and I am starting to develop the same feelings for those double-damned donkeys. But outside of head to heads and when we're both fighting for the same playoff spot I have no real ill will towards your chargers. I've only got so much hate in me and I've none to spare for the chargers. Hope you can run the table from here and sneak into the playoffs.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast