Thread: Weekly Power Rankings

Default Weekly Power Rankings

Why was last week's thread deleted!?

Here are the Power Rankings for our division for week 3:

Team Source TW/LW(change) Comment
    Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    Full Listings
    1/1(-) They have earned this spot after their impressive performance against the Giants. Von Miller has not been missed as much as we thought.
    Denver ESPN.com
    Full Listings
    2/3(+1) Denver's plus-40 point differential is tops in the league after convincing wins against the Ravens and Giants. The way the Broncos have played, hosting the Raiders Monday night doesn't seem scary.
    Broncos Brian Billick
    @FoxSpots.com
    Full Listings
    1/2(+1) Simply put ... Peyton Manning is going to have his best season since 2004, when he threw for 49 touchdowns. Maybe better.

Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    11/18(+7) Andy Reid takes an unbeaten team back to face his former team Thursday night in Philadelphia. He does so with a defense that has really impressed.
    Kansas_City ESPN.com 13/20(+7) Why are the Chiefs 2-0? Start with Kansas City's defense, which leads the league with 35.4 expected points added in the Chiefs' first two games.
    Chiefs Brian Billick
    @FoxSports.com
    10/17(+7) In just two weeks, the Chiefs have already matched last year's win total and Alex Smith's four passing touchdowns are already half of what the Chiefs threw for all of last season.

Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    17/28(+11) They showed a lot by winning that game at Philadelphia on a short week. Philip Rivers was special.
    San_Diego ESPN.com 16/26(+10) Philip Rivers showed up in a big way Sunday. Rivers was 7-of-9 against extra rushers in the fourth quarter, including the game-winning TD to Eddie Royal.
    Chargers Brian Billick
    @FoxSports.com
    16/23(+7) Mike McCoy, Ken Wisenhunt and Philip Rivers appear to have made for a good match, but Eddie Royal is going to come back down to Earth sometime soon.

Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    28/30(+2) We move them up based on their victory against the Jaguars, but this is about as high as they will go. Then again, they could be 2-0.
    Oakland ESPN.com 29/31(+2) It's early, but Terrelle Pryor's 46.6 Total QBR is 21st in the league and ranks higher than Super Bowl winners Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisberger.
    Raiders Brian Billick
    @FoxSports.com
    31/31(-) Big deal ... they beat the Jaguars.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Well everyones rankings are persistent with each others rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Well everyones rankings are persistent with each others rankings.
    They are consistent, too!

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Lol thats what I meant. Dont know if it was auto correction or my not paying attention.

At one point last week I checked in on the site and some sort of hacker bs message came up, admin stomped it out quick but the power rankings and Em's video along with a couple others got deleted when they eliminated the bug. I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    At one point last week I checked in on the site and some sort of hacker bs message came up, admin stomped it out quick but the power rankings and Em's video along with a couple others got deleted when they eliminated the bug. I believe.
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. I noticed the "Geno Smith sucked tonight" thread was gone earlier, but I didn't think anything about it.

Chiefs are getting much respect. That makes me nervous...

Here are the Power Rankings for our division for Week 4:

Team Source TW/LW(change) Comment
    Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    Full Listings
    1/1(-) Hard to believe it, but Peyton Manning is getting better. He has 12 touchdown passes in three games. Good luck stopping this offense.
    Denver ESPN.com
    Full Listings
    2/2(-) Four Broncos have at least 190 receiving yards through three games. The Packers are the only other team with even three of those receivers. How do you stop that?
    Broncos Brian Billick
    @FoxSpots.com
    Full Listings
    1/1(-) Peyton Manning will tell you that the Broncos offense still has plenty of things to work on, but I can tell you that most teams don't even look this sharp in 7-on-7 drills during practice.

Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    5/11(+6) You have to give the defense all the accolades so far. They are getting after it. I still worry about the passing game's ability to go deep.
    Kansas_City ESPN.com 8/13(+5) The Chiefs have disrupted a league-high 33 drop-backs, or 24 percent of drop-backs they've faced this year (sack, pass defended or interception). No team has finished above 22 percent since 2008.
    Chiefs Brian Billick
    @FoxSports.com
    7/19(+3) The Chiefs have now surpassed their entire 2012 win total and are the first team in NFL history to start a season 3-0 following a season in which they lost 14 or more games.

Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    19/28(-2) They are 1-2, but they've been in every game. Progress is being made. They just don't have enough talent yet.
    San_Diego ESPN.com 19/16(-3) Is Philip Rivers good or not? Only Peyton Manning has more passing touchdowns, one year after Rivers' 42 Total QBR ranked 30th among qualified quarterbacks. Hosting Dallas is a good test.
    Chargers Brian Billick
    @FoxSports.com
    19/16(-3) Philip Rivers looks like the league's most improved player after three weeks. His 83.3 completion percentage on Sunday was good for the second-most accurate day of his career.

Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    26/28(+2) They just don't have the players to compete with a team like Denver. It won't help that Terrelle Pryor suffered a concussion, either.
    Oakland ESPN.com 30/29(-1) Terrelle Pryor has posted a Total QBR above 55 in two of his three games this season, something Colin Kaepernick, Matt Schaub, Eli Manning and Andy Dalton can't say.
    Raiders Brian Billick
    @FoxSports.com
    31/31(-) Terrelle Pryor made some big league throws last night on Monday Night Football. He showed me some signs that he can develop into a long-term starter in the NFL. There are still five winless teams ranked higher than the Raiders, but that may change next week -- if he can go after his concussion against the Broncos.

And our next opponent ...

Pete Prisco
    @CBSSports.com
    29/22(-7) What has happened to this team? They look lost. Can they save their season at Kansas City?
    New_York ESPN.com 29/20(-9) The Panthers sacked Eli Manning seven times Sunday, third most in Eli's career. New York's 13 turnovers lead the league, a total it didn't hit until Week 10 last year.
    Giants Brian Billick
    @FoxSports.com
    29/24(-5) The Giants are 0-3 for the first time since 1996 and the 38-point loss to the Panthers is the team's worst loss in the Tom Coughlin era.

I think 5-7 is a bit high for us right now. I expect that is where we SHOULD be if our O was running on all cylinders.

I think our current ranks are a product of all the other "great teams" ie. 49ers, giants, etc stinking up the joint.

Yeah its more of the others teams stinking it up but until they start winning we are about where we should be ranked as the rankings is not based on potential.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast