Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Alex Smith

Default Alex Smith

Quarterback Alex Smith had a perfect passer rating of 158.3 on 17-for-20 passing, for 287 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions. Chiefs are now 11-3 and in the playoffs with him at the helm. (sarcasum starts here) But - he stinks, we payed to much for him, we should have drafted Geno, he is Cassel 2.0, etc. (end sarcasum) I had no prediction before the season started because I had no clue how he would do, but now, I am quite happy we have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Nick Foles was my choice. And I thought Reid and Dorsey would go after him since Reid played him some last year and he did reasonably well. Also with the Oregon O that Kelly was gonna put in I thought Vick or a younger version thereof was what they would want in Philly and Foles was the odd man out. I think there may have been an attempt by the Chiefs, but Philly wanted too much for him.

I was OK with us getting Smith, but frankly at the time I was disappointed with the price we paid and with the fact that Foles was such an obvious fit.

I was never against ASmith but had a wait-and-see attitude originally. For the most part I like what I have seen with him, but I let my mind wonder some times about how it would have been had we landed Foles (which I thought would come in cheaper, at the time).
    I will admit that earlier in the year when Foles had one or two games under his belt this season I said he was inconsistent and I wasn't impressed. Well, now that it is week 16, I will eat my crow and admit that Foles looks like the real deal. I am absolutely sure that Dorsey/Reid made an offer, or offers for Foles, but the Uggles refused it (wisely). That having been said, I am happy with Smith for 2 2nds. Imagine what people would have said if we brought over the as yet unproven Foles for say a 2nd and a 3rd, let alone 2 2nds.

Smith has exceeded expectations for me. This game he didn't seem to show his A game, but neither did the rest of the team.

I still think Alex is Matt Cassel.

But then, I like Cassel as a QB anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I still think Alex is Matt Cassel.

But then, I like Cassel as a QB anyway.
    Both QB's had situations that mirrored one another with their former teams.

This offense didn't come alive until week 10. If your going to compare numbers it needs to be next year vs Matt cassel 2010 cause 2009 was cassel's first year here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567