Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith

Default Alex Smith

Quarterback Alex Smith had a perfect passer rating of 158.3 on 17-for-20 passing, for 287 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions. Chiefs are now 11-3 and in the playoffs with him at the helm. (sarcasum starts here) But - he stinks, we payed to much for him, we should have drafted Geno, he is Cassel 2.0, etc. (end sarcasum) I had no prediction before the season started because I had no clue how he would do, but now, I am quite happy we have him.

Funny thing is there are people saying all that still it's sad really
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

i'll admit 100% i was wrong about smith.. I've always liked him but i didn't think he was the answer. I was one of the ones saying he was the same as cassel. I was on the fence about him and rooting for him until the first game against denver. Since that game i'm 100% on board with smith.. dude is a gamer and i was wrong about him.. i'll eat the crow and love every bit of it. GO CHIEFS!

I had said all along that Alex was better than anybody else they could get this offseason. He's beat the Raiders twice this year and it's only a matter of time before he beats the Chargers and Donkeys during his tenure in KC. He's here to stay.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-16-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Don't sweat it fairladyZ.....I think that anyone who said he had zero doubts about Alex Smith is a liar. I sure did. I liked him, but I was worried. And I have been proved wrong. Maybe he is not Joe Montana, but he is a damned good quarterback. I'll miss that 2cond round pick, but I think Alex Smith will keep us in the hunt for a good long while.....maybe even get us to the big show....and meanwhile we'll have the time to groom a 10-15 year quarterback. I've said it before and I will say it again....I am starting to smell dynasty.

I am well pleased with Smith's overall performance to this point in the season. Six total INTs over the course of 15 weeks is nothing to sneeze at. At this point I'm glad to have such a good "game manager" at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I had said all along that Alex better than anybody else they could get this offseason. He's beat the Raiders twice this year and it's only a matter of time before he beats the Chargers and Donkeys during his tenure in KC. He's here to stay.
    Yup.....Many of us said he was the best choice we could make under the circumstances. And most of us figured that was ALL he was....the best we could get under the circumstances. As far as I am concerned, he has proven himself to be FAR MORE than that. Montana he ain't. But he IS a quarterback that can lead a team to a Super Bowl. Right team, right coaching, right management, right Quarterback....yeah.....we are going to be competitors for a long damned time!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I am well pleased with Smith's overall performance to this point in the season. Six total INTs over the course of 15 weeks is nothing to sneeze at. At this point I'm glad to have such a good "game manager" at the helm.
    You got that right!!!!!!!! Everything Cassel was SUPPOSED TO BE and a WHOLE LOT MORE!!!!!!

I liked the parts where you were sarcasutic.

Perhaps nobody had given thought to this, but the fact is, Alex Smith is playing better for the Chiefs here in 2013, than what Trent Green did in his first year in KC in 2001. Granted, Alex has a better team surrounding him now than Trent did then, but still, Alex wasn't turning the ball over at an alarming rate like Green in 2001, in spite of the early offensive struggles that the Chiefs were going through during the first 10 games in 2013.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast