• Wild Card

4 21.05%
  • Divisional

4 21.05%
  • AFC Championship

3 15.79%
  • ALL THE WAY BABY!

7 36.84%
  • Polls are the debil! (I don't know option)

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How far do we go in the playoffs?

Question How far do we go in the playoffs?

Caution! This is a no Homerism zone, realistic expectations backed up by reason only.

Discuss.

If our d can learn to pressure the qb and we start jamming receivers we have as good a shot as any team...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    If our d can learn to pressure the qb and we start jamming receivers we have as good a shot as any team...
    Good points! As good as our Chiefs are, they are not an overpowering team that is going to breeze their way through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl. But if the Offense keeps putting up good numbers and the Defense gets back on track then we will have at least as good a chance as any team that makes the playoffs. The two Denver games and the San Diego game proved that. Yeah, we lost all 3 games, but we were in all all three. These Chiefs are certainly capable of playing with the "Big Boys". We are good enough to win the Super Bowl if all 3 aspects of the team brings their "A-Game". The hard part is going to be doing that all the way from the start of the playoffs. It ain't easy. But I think this is the best Chiefs team we have seen in a long long time.

The D has not been what it once was, can't rely on an offense to out score the other offense in the playoffs..

it's always one and done until proven otherwise *crosses fingers to be the year this drought ends*

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The D has not been what it once was, can't rely on an offense to out score the other offense in the playoffs..

it's always one and done until proven otherwise *crosses fingers to be the year this drought ends*
    It's going to be this year. No more one and done. We're good enough and we're going to do better than that!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    It's going to be this year. No more one and done. We're good enough and we're going to do better than that!
    KC is good enough, but playoffs is totally different then the regular season, Indy might be the first opponent. Adjustments and being ready for the playoffs is big.

Don't even want to get caught up in daydreaming about the playoffs. We've still got two tough games ahead of us. Gunsights on the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    The chiefs already played the 2 league leading QB threats in Rivers and Peyton Manning and we can all agree we shot ourselves in the foot all three games and still closed all those games out driving to tie/win we just couldn't pull it off. A more discipline team, and there's no stopping us.
    Until I see the long ball being defended, I don't stand that optomistic. Despite jumping out to a 21-7 lead at home. We blew that lead and was down by 14 before the 4th qtr with what seems to be 2 play 80 yard TD drives. At no point in time, did I actually feel like we controlled the donkies despite being within 7 points to tying up the game. I was afraid we would score with 2 minutes left to lose the game.

We were just 4 points away from blowing a 21-3 lead against the Raiders against a 4th string QB until the Raiders Brass thought that his 4-4 drive to start the half was too simple so they tried tricking us by bringing in Pryor and running read options and let their offense momentum die. If it wasn't for the Raiders getting in their own way and fumbling or throwing stupid passes, we were looking at an upset in the worste way. That kind of crap won't benefit us in the play offs.

I'll vote after the Colts game I want to see them play a possible team they would face in the playoffs first
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Good points! As good as our Chiefs are, they are not an overpowering team that is going to breeze their way through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl. But if the Offense keeps putting up good numbers and the Defense gets back on track then we will have at least as good a chance as any team that makes the playoffs. The two Denver games and the San Diego game proved that. Yeah, we lost all 3 games, but we were in all all three. These Chiefs are certainly capable of playing with the "Big Boys". We are good enough to win the Super Bowl if all 3 aspects of the team brings their "A-Game". The hard part is going to be doing that all the way from the start of the playoffs. It ain't easy. But I think this is the best Chiefs team we have seen in a long long time.
    its the Playoffs there's not a single team that will breeze their way into the Super Bowl it's about who wants it more and I sure feel confident that Andy Reid is itching pretty badly. The team will fight very hard to scratch Andy's itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Don't even want to get caught up in daydreaming about the playoffs. We've still got two tough games ahead of us. Gunsights on the Colts.
    I agree that the team needs to be focused on the next week's opponent over the remainder of the regular season, can't cross any bridges until we get to them. However, for purposes of discussion here, since we are already in the playoffs regardless of the regular season's outcomes, I posed the question in the original post.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 12-17-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast