• Wild Card

4 21.05%
  • Divisional

4 21.05%
  • AFC Championship

3 15.79%
  • ALL THE WAY BABY!

7 36.84%
  • Polls are the debil! (I don't know option)

1 5.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How far do we go in the playoffs?

Question How far do we go in the playoffs?

Caution! This is a no Homerism zone, realistic expectations backed up by reason only.

Discuss.

I question the Chiefs game plan this week. As it stands now, the Colts are the projected 4th seed making the Colts the team we play. Do you want to really show all our cards this week when the game really isn't that important, unless you think the Donkies will lose to the Texans or Raiders. The Chiefs may treat this game like a pre-season game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I question the Chiefs game plan this week. As it stands now, the Colts are the projected 4th seed making the Colts the team we play. Do you want to really show all our cards this week when the game really isn't that important, unless you think the Donkies will lose to the Texans or Raiders. The Chiefs may treat this game like a pre-season game.
    Dennis Allen HC of the raiders job is on the line there in Oakland maybe they fight for him and try to give Denver fits in the black hole. Stranger things have happened

Personally I think home field advantage against the donks is pivotal! That making Manning that much slower off the snap is very much needed in our pass rush against them. Manning getting rid of the ball 2-3 seconds after he snaps it is too quick to not have every advantage we can get. All it takes is 2 more wins and a Denver loss. WE ARE SO FLIPPING CLOSE!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Personally I think home field advantage against the donks is pivotal! That making Manning that much slower off the snap is very much needed in our pass rush against them. Manning getting rid of the ball 2-3 seconds after he snaps it is too quick to not have every advantage we can get. All it takes is 2 more wins and a Denver loss. WE ARE SO FLIPPING CLOSE!
    I don't think so. The Chiefs Defense played better in Denver than they did in KC against the Donkeys. Homefield has never been an advantage to the Chiefs in the post-season, EVER. I want a 3rd crack at the Donkeys on their field because nothing would be more satisfying than to to see the Chiefs knock them out of the post-season on their turf. Besides, the Chiefs have been one of the best road teams in football this year. They can win on the road in the post-season & I don't believe the Donkeys are going to lose their last two games to the Texans or Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Dennis Allen HC of the raiders job is on the line there in Oakland maybe they fight for him and try to give Denver fits in the black hole. Stranger things have happened
    I believe our chances of losing to Indy and San Diego are much greater than Denver losing to the Texans and Raiders. If our defense can not stop the go routes both Indy and San Diego will challenge us.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    This question is truly a chess match. A tough decision to make. Very good arguments for both taking it easy against the colts and saving some "tricks" and resting some of our starters for the playoffs but also good arguments for trying to win out and go into the playoffs on a tear. If it were my choice I'd probably go for the win as I am a big believer in needing momentum going into the playoffs. But I am glad I don't have to make this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002
    I'm not sure you are wrong, but I don't agree. I think these Chiefs simply will not lose to the donkeys 3 times this year. This team simply WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN. Of course that is only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002"
    You are so right. The donkeys will beat the Texans. But their winning against the raiders in oakland is far from a certainty.

That is why the decision about how to play against the colts this week is so tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I see us playing sandiego and losing or maybe Miami and losing. Both those teams are playing very good.
    Well, thats great then! You must have the Chiefs playing them here in a Championship game. That would be the only way the Chiefs will play either of those teams if they are the Sixth wild card.

I voted AFC Championship. I think we beat the Colts (4th seed) and finally beat the Broncos (1st seed) on a very cold and windy day at Mile High ... I mean Invesco ... I mean Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. (I think that's what they are calling it this year!) I also think the Pats (2nd seed) advance to the AFCCG. I actually believe the Chiefs are better than New England and would beat them at Arrowhead or at a neutral site, but it's very hard to beat the Pats in Foxboro, especially when the refs will be giving Brady all the breaks. Add in the Pats playoff experience and the fact that very few of these Chiefs have any playoff experience (Smith certainly does) and I think penalties and dropped passes will get the better of us on the road.

That's assuming the Broncos win out and get the one seed but their last 2 games will both be in warm good-weather environments so I don't see them losing again. They should blow out the Texans and win a tough, close game at O.co. The Raiders did score 31 against us even though they turned the ball over 7 times, so I think there is a chance that they could play the spoiler role and upset the Broncos, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If we do get the one seed, then I think we go to the Super Bowl and face the Seahawks.

After scoring 45 and 56 in our last two games the Chiefs are now ranked 3rd in points per game (28.5) and the Pats are ranked 6th (26 ppg). The Chiefs are 4th in points allowed (18.2) and the Pats are only tied for 10th with 22.2 papg, so on paper it looks like we would have a good chance against them, but I don't think the NFL will allow the Chiefs to eliminate both Manning and Brady in the playoffs. A Seattle/Kansas City Super Bowl would hurt the ratings and most people would only be watching the game for the great commercials. I'm not counting us out, but I would say right now we have a 35-40% chance of getting to the Super Bowl, and considering that we were 2-14 last year and will probably be even better next year, I think that is awesome!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I voted AFC Championship. I think we beat the Colts (4th seed) and finally beat the Broncos (1st seed) on a very cold and windy day at Mile High ... I mean Invesco ... I mean Sports Authority Field at Mile High Stadium. (I think that's what they are calling it this year!) I also think the Pats (2nd seed) advance to the AFCCG. I actually believe the Chiefs are better than New England and would beat them at Arrowhead or at a neutral site, but it's very hard to beat the Pats in Foxboro, especially when the refs will be giving Brady all the breaks. Add in the Pats playoff experience and the fact that very few of these Chiefs have any playoff experience (Smith certainly does) and I think penalties and dropped passes will get the better of us on the road.

That's assuming the Broncos win out and get the one seed but their last 2 games will both be in warm good-weather environments so I don't see them losing again. They should blow out the Texans and win a tough, close game at O.co. The Raiders did score 31 against us even though they turned the ball over 7 times, so I think there is a chance that they could play the spoiler role and upset the Broncos, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If we do get the one seed, then I think we go to the Super Bowl and face the Seahawks.

After scoring 45 and 56 in our last two games the Chiefs are now ranked 3rd in points per game (28.5) and the Pats are ranked 6th (26 ppg). The Chiefs are 4th in points allowed (18.2) and the Pats are only tied for 10th with 22.2 papg, so on paper it looks like we would have a good chance against them, but I don't think the NFL will allow the Chiefs to eliminate both Manning and Brady in the playoffs. A Seattle/Kansas City Super Bowl would hurt the ratings and most people would only be watching the game for the great commercials. I'm not counting us out, but I would say right now we have a 35-40% chance of getting to the Super Bowl, and considering that we were 2-14 last year and will probably be even better next year, I think that is awesome!
    Roy.....You make a fine, logical and well reasoned argument for your case. But I believe you are incorrect.

IF our Chiefs can get to the AFC Championship, they will win in a blowout. As much as the Zebras and the NFL LOVE PM and Brady, the "worst to first" thing is a once in a century type deal. If we make it to the AFC Championship game the Zebras will be "gently told" that a Chiefs win would be a good thing. PM and Brady have next year. There will be no "2-14 to the Super Bowl" turnaround next year. The NFL once everything is said and done is "show business" and 2-14 to the Super Bowl is high drama. IF we get to the AFC Championship game we will win. And believe it or not, we won't even need some zebra help to do it. But if we need it, it will be there. Drama=media=TV viewership. If we make it to the AFC Championship, the NFL will REALLY want us to make the Superbowl. But we won't need their help. We'll git-r-done all by ourselves.

Seattle will be tough though......

sometimes i dont know if you guys are being serious about the refs helping and being told to do something, or just joking around

In an NFL thread that is not on a football site (MMA Forum), a lot of the people on their want to see the broncos vs seahawks in the super bowl. The only way the chiefs would bring in big ratings for the super bowl would be if they played the 49ers or Philly (Alex vs his old team or Andy vs his old team)

I don't think i've ever seen an NFL game officiated as bad as the 2002 WCF of Lakers vs Kings game 6

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast