• Wild Card

4 21.05%
  • Divisional

4 21.05%
  • AFC Championship

3 15.79%
  • ALL THE WAY BABY!

7 36.84%
  • Polls are the debil! (I don't know option)

1 5.26%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How far do we go in the playoffs?

Question How far do we go in the playoffs?

Caution! This is a no Homerism zone, realistic expectations backed up by reason only.

Discuss.

In one of my pre-season goof around prediction things I sometimes do, I chose the Chiefs to go 12-4-0 and lose in the AFC title game to the Donkeys after they knocked out the Patriots for them. Posted it somewhere too. That would suck losing to them a third time.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Won't happen.. If we get a third shot at those double-damned donkeys we will roll them so hard they won't know what hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Roy.....You make a fine, logical and well reasoned argument for your case. But I believe you are incorrect.

IF our Chiefs can get to the AFC Championship, they will win in a blowout. As much as the Zebras and the NFL LOVE PM and Brady, the "worst to first" thing is a once in a century type deal. If we make it to the AFC Championship game the Zebras will be "gently told" that a Chiefs win would be a good thing. PM and Brady have next year. There will be no "2-14 to the Super Bowl" turnaround next year. The NFL once everything is said and done is "show business" and 2-14 to the Super Bowl is high drama. IF we get to the AFC Championship game we will win. And believe it or not, we won't even need some zebra help to do it. But if we need it, it will be there. Drama=media=TV viewership. If we make it to the AFC Championship, the NFL will REALLY want us to make the Superbowl. But we won't need their help. We'll git-r-done all by ourselves.

Seattle will be tough though......
    And you make an excellent counterpoint! I do believe the Chiefs have the talent to go all the way if the defense is healthy and they execute.

I hope you are right.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    sometimes i dont know if you guys are being serious about the refs helping and being told to do something, or just joking around

In an NFL thread that is not on a football site (MMA Forum), a lot of the people on their want to see the broncos vs seahawks in the super bowl. The only way the chiefs would bring in big ratings for the super bowl would be if they played the 49ers or Philly (Alex vs his old team or Andy vs his old team)

I don't think i've ever seen an NFL game officiated as bad as the 2002 WCF of Lakers vs Kings game 6
    Doobs, I don't believe that the refs are actually told to officiate a game unfairly. But i do think that refs are fans, just like everybody else and they have a tendency to let their personal biases toward certain players or teams influence them when they make "judgment calls" like pass interference and personal fouls. Players with a reputation for playing "dirty" like Ndamakong Suh, for example, are more likely to get called for questionable hits. Of course he is also more likely to make a questionable hit so it's kind of a "chicken and egg" thing. Great receivers like Tony Gonzalez and Brandon Marshall tend to get away with pushing off a defender to get separation on a catch, while lesser receivers will get called for offensive pass interference.

It's not just in football, either. You see it all the time in basketball with players like Jordan and Lebron getting the breaks and to a lesser extent in baseball regarding balls and strikes.

It's part of the "human element" and it is impossible for any official to make completely unbiased calls on every single play. The only remedy is to become an elite player or an elite team so that the human element works in your favor. That is not impossible to do for the Chiefs just because they are in a small market. The Packers, The Rams ("greatest show on turf") and the Montana led 49ers have all done it before. But in the eyes of the national media, the Chiefs just aren't quite there, yet.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Chiefster, you started this poll thread and then you copped out with the "debil" option!?

That's weak, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    And you make an excellent counterpoint! I do believe the Chiefs have the talent to go all the way if the defense is healthy and they execute.

I hope you are right.
    Thank you Roy. I realizer there is a bit of the homer in me coming out in some of the things I say, but I do honestly believe that the biggest hurdle between our Chiefs and the Super Bowl is getting the first playoff win. If we can get that first win I think we have an exceptionally good chance of making the Super Bowl.

Chiefster, you started this poll thread and then you copped out with the "debil" option!?

That's weak, dude.
    Just being honest man!

We haven't been in this position with this kind of regular season record since Vermeil was coach, so it is difficult for me to intelligently speak of our chances in this years post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Just being honest man!

We haven't been in this position with this kind of regular season record since Vermeil was coach, so it is difficult for me to intelligently speak of our chances in this years post season.
    Nope. Sorry, that's not good enough. C'mon, man, go out on a limb and take a stand. You watch the games. What is your gut instinct, right now, as to how far you think they can go? It's okay if you turn out to be wrong. Give it your best guess!

Nope. Sorry, that's not good enough. C'mon, man, go out on a limb and take a stand. You watch the games. What is your gut instinct, right now, as to how far you think they can go? It's okay if you turn out to be wrong. Give it your best guess!
    Sorry dude! I've already voted. However, I think it is reasonable to expect, at least, a first round win and that is as close to a prediction as you will bring me to.

That first playoff game is going to be the tough one. Kind of like getting a big rock rolling down hill. Hard to get it moving, but damn near impossible to stop once it starts rolling.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast