Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs wont hold back on Colts, except perhaps injured

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,117
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Post Webnews: Chiefs wont hold back on Colts, except perhaps injured


    0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    Even though the most likely scenarios have the Chiefs and Colts meeting in the first round of the playoffs, this weeks not a time to hold back for strategic reasons. Because of the tiebreakers that come into play for both teams, the Chiefs appear destined for the AFCs top Wild Card berth, and the Colts… Read more…

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,097
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Connecticut, I fully agree with you regarding the Raiders game. But don't forget, WE almost lost to the Texans at HOME, so if we don't think the Texans have a chance to beat the Donks in Houston, then what does that say about our opinion of the Chiefs? And BR, while I agree that a healthy team is paramount, and that historically a first round bye has not been the answer for us, this team is a completely different team and it is hard to ignore statistical probability. This link summarizes the advantage of higher seeding very simply. In short, a 5th seed has a 7% chance statistically of making it to the superbowl vs a 1st seed which has a 36% chance (and 44% historically). That's a HUGE difference and one worth fighting for.
    http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011...f-seeding.html
    Sorry, but those stats don't mean a thing. I'm well aware this is a different regime, but some things don't always change with regimes. Three different regimes had homefield advantage and it still amounted to a one and done.

    Besides, and I will say it again, this Chiefs team has performed better on the road than they have at home this year and it's not even close.

    Also, the Packers in 2010 and the Giants in 2011 went on to win SB's and neither were the #1 seed and the Ravens weren't the #1 seed last year, either. So, as of late, and as of this decade, those stat seedings have been meaningless. Let the Donkeys have the #1 seed and they'll probably get it anyways.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but those stats don't mean a thing. I'm well aware this is a different regime, but some things don't always change with regimes. Three different regimes had homefield advantage and it still amounted to a one and done.

    Besides, and I will say it again, this Chiefs team has performed better on the road than they have at home this year and it's not even close.

    Also, the Packers in 2010 and the Giants in 2011 went on to win SB's and neither were the #1 seed and the Ravens weren't the #1 seed last year, either. So, as of late, and as of this decade, those stat seedings have been meaningless. Let the Donkeys have the #1 seed and they'll probably get it anyways.

    So you would seriously rather have to play three playoff games on the road, than two at home?? Well you would be the only one on the planet, including every member of the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Come on ... Seriously???

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,097
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    So you would seriously rather have to play three playoff games on the road, than two at home?? Well you would be the only one on the planet, including every member of the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Come on ... Seriously???
    Yes, seriously. And I've made an irrefutable case as to why, already. As for the Chiefs and Andy Reid, I don't think they care one way or the other.
    More post-season games means more money in the Chiefs pockets, anyways.

    I'd rather see the Chiefs win on the road than lose at home when it comes to the post-season, and this year the Chiefs have performed better on the road than at home..........it's as simple as that.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,097
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    One more thing. The last 4 post-season games that the Chiefs have played have been at home and the results? That's right...they lost all four. Time for a change of scenery this time around & I really don't believe the Donks are going to lose either of their last 2 games.....especially against a pair of teams that have done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot all season long.

    Although, I will point out that JJ Watt of Houston is still JJ Watt and who knows? He might just put the crushing blow on Manning and if the Donks lose Manning, they are done for certain.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Yes, seriously. And I've made an irrefutable case as to why, already. As for the Chiefs and Andy Reid, I don't think they care one way or the other.
    More post-season games means more money in the Chiefs pockets, anyways.

    I'd rather see the Chiefs win on the road than lose at home when it comes to the post-season, and this year the Chiefs have performed better on the road than at home..........it's as simple as that.
    An irrefutable case? So put up a poll. I guarantee you're the only one on the planet that would rather get the fifth seed over the first seed. Anyway, I usually respect your opinions and analysis of the games and the team's strengths and weaknesses, so I'll just shut up on this one. But seriously? :)

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,097
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    An irrefutable case? So put up a poll. I guarantee you're the only one on the planet that would rather get the fifth seed over the first seed. Anyway, I usually respect your opinions and analysis of the games and the team's strengths and weaknesses, so I'll just shut up on this one. But seriously? :)
    A poll doesn't mean squat. It IS irrefutable that the Chiefs have played better on the road than at home this season. The Chiefs have the best road record of any team in the NFL at this stage with only Seattle being comparable.

    They are going to get the 5th seed unless something drastic happens. No big deal. I know a blessing in disguise when I see it.

    And since when, in the history of the game, has a playoff victory on the road been less gratifying than one at home? I've never heard of it. In fact, if anything, it's more gratifying.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I never said it was more "gratifying" to win the Superbowl as a first seed playing home games, just FAR MORE LIKELY than as a fifth seed. And that IS irrefutable. Apparently the only thing that does mean squat to you is your own opinion. But again, I will defer quietly to your credibility on this site, if you will allow me to (ie, hand shake, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, Go Chiefs! Etc).

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,097
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    I never said it was more "gratifying" to win the Superbowl as a first seed playing home games, just FAR MORE LIKELY than as a fifth seed. And that IS irrefutable. Apparently the only thing that does mean squat to you is your own opinion. But again, I will defer quietly to your credibility on this site, if you will allow me to (ie, hand shake, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, Go Chiefs! Etc).
    Sorry, but the last 3 seasons have indeed refuted it with all 3 SB Champs not having the #1 seed going into the postseason. That is NOT opinion, that is a fact.

    The Chiefs have played better on the road this year than at home. Again, that is NOT an opinion, that is a fact. So therefore, it's not etched in stone in any way, shape, or form that those percentages that you are referring to apply to the 2013 Chiefs. Besides, those percentages are jacked by teams prior to 2010 that had been dominating at home. What about the Chiefs, though, in the 4 seasons that they dominated at home during the regular season in 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 and got top seed? That's right.........one and done. Have the Chiefs been dominating at home this year? No, not even close.
    Point is, that having homefield advantage & #1 seed has never done them any good & they aren't likely to get it this year, anyways.

    Again, the Chiefs last 4 post-season games have been at home and they lost all four. That is NOT an opinion, that is a fact.

    The 1969 squad that won the SB did not play any post-season games at home and did not finish 1st in their division. That is a fact.

    That statistical history that you pointed out doesn't mean squat where the Kansas City Chiefs are concerned & I've provided a whole of points as to why and they are not my opinion, those are the facts. The biggest one is that the Chiefs have played better on the road this year than at home. The Arrowhead advantage hasn't been there this year. I don't know why, but that is a fact, not my opinion.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Again, the Chiefs last 4 post-season games have been at home and they lost all four. That is NOT an opinion, that is a fact.
    Actually, you're wrong. The Chiefs next to last playoff game was at the RCA dome in 2007, and we lost to the Colts 23-7. And since the merger in 1970, the Chiefs are 1-7 in away playoff games and 2-5 at home. And just answer me one question. Why do YOU think the Chiefs are playing "better" on the road than at home this year if not just a random abberation?

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    614
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 70

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but the last 3 seasons have indeed refuted it with all 3 SB Champs not having the #1 seed going into the postseason. That is NOT opinion, that is a fact.

    The Chiefs have played better on the road this year than at home. Again, that is NOT an opinion, that is a fact. So therefore, it's not etched in stone in any way, shape, or form that those percentages that you are referring to apply to the 2013 Chiefs. Besides, those percentages are jacked by teams prior to 2010 that had been dominating at home. What about the Chiefs, though, in the 4 seasons that they dominated at home during the regular season in 1971, 1995, 1997, and 2003 and got top seed? That's right.........one and done. Have the Chiefs been dominating at home this year? No, not even close.
    Point is, that having homefield advantage & #1 seed has never done them any good & they aren't likely to get it this year, anyways.

    Again, the Chiefs last 4 post-season games have been at home and they lost all four. That is NOT an opinion, that is a fact.

    The 1969 squad that won the SB did not play any post-season games at home and did not finish 1st in their division. That is a fact.

    That statistical history that you pointed out doesn't mean squat where the Kansas City Chiefs are concerned & I've provided a whole of points as to why and they are not my opinion, those are the facts. The biggest one is that the Chiefs have played better on the road this year than at home. The Arrowhead advantage hasn't been there this year. I don't know why, but that is a fact, not my opinion.
    dude seriously? Your saying our 3 loss season we are playing better away than at home? We have 2 home losses and 1 road loss. Denver beat us home and away. The bolts beat us at home. We have yet to play the bolts away. We very well could lose that second game on the road. Our defense needs a pass rush to be successful and every second counts. With our home crowd at least we can affect the snap count and get off the ball that much faster cause the oline of the opposition has to watch the ball as well

    You feel like the donks don't have a real shot to lose one more game so that we can move into the number one seed. While your thinking that the rest of us are thinking what if we sit our starters and take a loss that we could have won easily and then Denver does lose to either one of their final 2 opponents. I'm sorry but I like our chances at home with a first round bye better than away all playoffs and having to play that extra game just to get to the superbowl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Webnews: With Dexter McCluster injured, Chiefs bring back Chad Ha
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 07:32 PM
  2. Webnews: Bills hold 10-3 halftime lead vs. unbeaten Chiefs
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 02:40 PM
  3. Webnews: Chiefs release Tony Moeaki from injured reserve
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 01:12 AM
  4. Webnews: Chiefs hold off surprisingly competitive Texans
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •