Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs wont hold back on Colts, except perhaps injured

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs wont hold back on Colts, except perhaps injured

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    Even though the most likely scenarios have the Chiefs and Colts meeting in the first round of the playoffs, this weeks not a time to hold back for strategic reasons. Because of the tiebreakers that come into play for both teams, the Chiefs appear destined for the AFCs top Wild Card berth, and the Colts… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 448

2 Not allowed!
    As a Chiefs fan I want them to win every time they take the field; the games they play are the only thing they have any control of. All this talk about if the Donkey's lose and if we win out than we're in this position or that position is mere conjecture at this point. If losing out or just one of the last two games while resting or getting back key personnel propels us deep into the playoffs or further than it will have been well worth it. However, it is a slippery slope going into the playoffs with a losing streak my well work against us; losing as a habit is never a good thing, but going into the playoffs dinged up and not as close to 100% as we could be can most certainly work against us as well. Ideally we win out without regard to what anyone else does and stay healthy.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 852

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    As a Chiefs fan I want them to win every time they take the field; the games they play are the only thing they have any control of. All this talk about if the Donkey's lose and if we win out than we're in this position or that position is mere conjecture at this point. If losing out or just one of the last two games while resting or getting back key personnel propels us deep into the playoffs or further than it will have been well worth it. However, it is a slippery slope going into the playoffs with a losing streak my well work against us; losing as a habit is never a good thing, but going into the playoffs dinged up and not as close to 100% as we could be can most certainly work against us as well. Ideally we win out without regard to what anyone else does and stay healthy.
    Well said. If the Broncos lose - and that's a big "IF". I can't stand the Donks but at the same time not expecting any favors from the Texans or Raiders to help us out.

These two remaining games do have value for the Chiefs. Indy has beaten the best so far this season (Broncos, SF, Seattle), and SD has beaten us once. If we beat Indy & SD it'll at least give the talking head Donks loving media something to chew on before lavishing praise on the Broncos or Patriots. Just now they're finally beginning to paint the Chiefs in a somewhat favorable light.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

0 Not allowed!
    Oh well. Logic be damned. My head is spinning like a top and about to pop off. Anyway, lets just say we can ALL agree on one thing. We all want our Chiefs to stomp every team we play, from the start of the playoffs thru Feb 2nd, whether it's three or four games ( though any logical person would see that its more likely if its only three :). We're gonna beat the hell outta you ... you, you ... You! You! You!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 414

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Oh well. Logic be damned. My head is spinning like a top and about to pop off. Anyway, lets just say we can ALL agree on one thing. We all want our Chiefs to stomp every team we play, from the start of the playoffs thru Feb 2nd, whether it's three or four games ( though any logical person would see that its more likely if its only three :). We're gonna beat the hell outta you ... you, you ... You! You! You!!!
    DAMN F'ing right!!!!!! We ain't even started to open a can of whup-*** yet. Wait 'till they see us get SERIOUS!!!!!!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 852

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Dam straight.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!
    hey brdempsey69. I've read your posts for a few years now (with upmost regard) , and the last few I have read have prompted me to sign up to chiefscrowd and respond. Firstly, dissing Marty the way you did, not cool. Secondly, and most importantly, any time you get even a chance to host a playoff game, you go for it.. The 12th man can never be discounted, especially in the playoffs. Abandon man to man, play zone(to give cooper help over the top) with Berry floating for a knock out punch, and we have all the ingredients for a historic playoff run. Let's roll 'em.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234