Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost all respect for Marty Schottenheimer

Default Lost all respect for Marty Schottenheimer

At NFL.com Marty is saying that there is no better coach in the NFL than Mike Shanahan. Is he stupid or blind or both? You can't convince me that Shanaturd is better than Andy Reid or Bill Belichick or Mike McCarthy or Jim or John Harbaugh.

Of course Marty had made the stupid statement that Elway was the best QB ever and this after having had Joe Montana play for him for 2 seasons. What a stupid braindead S.O.B. to even suggest something as stupid and false as that.

I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, Marty has lost all credibility with those stupid statements & it eliminates any mystery as to why he was such a post-season loser. He was too braindead to get his team ready to play big games.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think he might be talking about the choice to play Grbac or Gannon. I'm still a tad upset about that one
    You can't talk logic to him, Matt. It's obvious he was still swimming in his daddy's sac when that game was played and when that season was played. He doesn't have a clue & is willing to eat any BS that comes from the Donkeys camp like a kid eating mashed pears on a Thomas-The-Train spoon.

Y'know brdempsey....I'm a sentimental old fool and like many here a Chiefs fan for a long time. I've no argument for anything you say, but I still remember the announcers saying we had the most playoff appearances of any team in something like 10-15 years. Yes, it all went sour eventually, but I won't forget the good times with Marty as coach. Just like I won't forget the good times with Hank Stram as coach.

But let me be clear. I think Andy Reid is the best coach we've had since DV and I expect Reid is going to surpass DV pretty quick. Reid is building a team that will soon challenge the splats for the title of AFC Dynasty. But even after we win 4 Super Bowls in 10 years, I will not forget Stram, Marty and DV. As a fan/homer, I'm greatful to every coach that has brought us some good times.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You can't talk logic to him, Matt. It's obvious he was still swimming in his daddy's sac when that game was played and when that season was played. He doesn't have a clue & is willing to eat any BS that comes from the Donkeys camp like a kid eating mashed pears on a Thomas-The-Train spoon.
    Aww I don't think Doobs is bad at all. I think he's one that wants to see a playoff win before he will get excited. Lets face it this team has been a very frustrating team to root for. The most frustrating for a LONG time. They have been so close only to blow it and had years like last years. That's going to lead to a lot of frustration with the fan base that isn't going to be excited as easy as some. I'm not one of those but I understand their feelings. If this team wins a playoff game this year I'm sure doobs will be thrilled just like the rest of us.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Aww I don't think Doobs is bad at all. I think he's one that wants to see a playoff win before he will get excited. Lets face it this team has been a very frustrating team to root for. The most frustrating for a LONG time. They have been so close only to blow it and had years like last years. That's going to lead to a lot of frustration with the fan base that isn't going to be excited as easy as some. I'm not one of those but I understand their feelings. If this team wins a playoff game this year I'm sure doobs will be thrilled just like the rest of us.
    Well said. Some of us are like that dog that has been beat too much. But all we need is a playoff win and our faith will come back. There are no bandwagoners on this board. The guys still here are honest to god no BS, Chiefs fans. Best fans in the world.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-19-2013 at 12:03 AM.

At NFL.com Marty is saying that there is no better coach in the NFL than Mike Shanahan. Is he stupid or blind or both? You can't convince me that Shanaturd is better than Andy Reid or Bill Belichick or Mike McCarthy or Jim or John Harbaugh.

Of course Marty had made the stupid statement that Elway was the best QB ever and this after having had Joe Montana play for him for 2 seasons. What a stupid braindead S.O.B. to even suggest something as stupid and false as that.

I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, Marty has lost all credibility with those stupid statements & it eliminates any mystery as to why he was such a post-season loser. He was too braindead to get his team ready to play big games.
    Much as I hate to say it, Shanny is a good coach. He did produce results. Marty will never loss credibility with me. He help create the Chiefs to where we are now. He coach a franchise that had a empty arrowhead, to what it is today! Arrowhead!!!!!!!!!! I have much respect and love to Marty! I understand what he started with, and witness where we went from there.

Sorry gentleman, but I'm not going to give him a pass for the stupid stunt he pulled in the '97 playoff game. He knew he was crippling his team by letting Grbac play that whole game and not letting Gannon play. He was without excuse.

If he had said regarding Elway to the effect "Elway played great against us & beat us many times", then that would have been one thing. But to make the stupid statement that Elway was the best ever -- sorry it just proves the man can't be thinking rationally. Did he not see SB 24? At least John Madden watched the careers of both Montana and Elway and can give a more diplomatic perspective than Marty, and Madden calls Montana the best ever.

Those times that he was coach were only good at the beginning and then went sour very quickly because you knew he was never going to bring home the Lombardi. For the most part, he was victimized by bad luck, but not in '97 -- that's where he blatantly shot himself in the foot and I don't believe for one second that Hank Stram, Dick Vermeil, or Andy Reid would have benched Gannon for that playoff game.
    Actually in his book he does praise Montana a great deal, and says that the best shot he had at winning a SB was in '93 & '94, because he had a HOF QB.

He must've been off his meds to say that Elway was the best ever, but Marty historically has been pretty kind to the people he struggled against. So that's why I'm dismissing it.

Got me there. I guess my 11 year old self wouldn't remember games like that. In the end, you'll never know if gannon would of led the team to Victory and even then a super bowl victory. Stuff happens and you move on to the next one. But go ahead, keep calling me a denver fan because i don't follow the "every team in the afc west is trash and cheat and get away with everything". It's a sport, grown men playing a game, not grown men fighting for my right to something.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Well said. Some of us are like that dog that has been beat too much. But all we need is a playoff win and our faith will come back. There are no bandwagoners on this board. The guys still here are honest to god no BS, Chiefs fans. Best fans in the world.

Y'know....we're all Chiefs fans. And I think that must be tougher for some of the 40 and under fans than it is for the 55+ guys. Us older guys remember two Super Bowl appearances, a Super Bowl WIN and we remember the announcers and even the New York Times speaking of the Chiefs with a certain amount of AWE! All the younger guys remember is "One and Done, One and Done, One and Done". As hard as that has been for us older guys, it has to be even harder for the younger guys. I have a HUGE amount of respect for guys that have remained Chiefs fans through so very many painful years. The best years they ever have known are the Marty years (especially the Montana years) but they have never had the the memories us old farts have.

Hats off to the younger fans that have stayed true to our Chiefs. They have brass balls and loyalty made of titanium.

It's time for our Chiefs and Andy Reid to get out there and start rewarding these younger fans for their loyalty. And I am honestly convinced that they are going to make at least a good start on that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Y'know....we're all Chiefs fans. And I think that must be tougher for some of the 40 and under fans than it is for the 55+ guys. Us older guys remember two Super Bowl appearances, a Super Bowl WIN and we remember the announcers and even the New York Times speaking of the Chiefs with a certain amount of AWE! All the younger guys remember is "One and Done, One and Done, One and Done". As hard as that has been for us older guys, it has to be even harder for the younger guys. I have a HUGE amount of respect for guys that have remained Chiefs fans through so very many painful years. The best years they ever have known are the Marty years (especially the Montana years) but they have never had the the memories us old farts have.

Hats off to the younger fans that have stayed true to our Chiefs. They have brass balls and loyalty made of titanium.

It's time for our Chiefs and Andy Reid to get out there and start rewarding these younger fans for their loyalty. And I am honestly convinced that they are going to make at least a good start on that this year.
    Older fans got to see the ! to a season (super bowl win), but you did have to deal with the 70's and 80's. I joked with my brother saying our dad picked KC just to troll us kids so we followed a bad team and suffered lol, but you pick a team and you stick with it, i'm not about switching teams (unless, the team is doing stupid things in management that you have to stop watching and boycott to get a message through and once they fix it you come back, 2 friends did that with miami marlins and the houston astros this year). You put your big boy pants on, sit down and watch the game. Sooner or later they'll have to win one............unless you're the chicago cubs....that isn't happening lol j/k

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast