Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Lost all respect for Marty Schottenheimer

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,045
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 747

    Default Lost all respect for Marty Schottenheimer


    0 Not allowed!
    At NFL.com Marty is saying that there is no better coach in the NFL than Mike Shanahan. Is he stupid or blind or both? You can't convince me that Shanaturd is better than Andy Reid or Bill Belichick or Mike McCarthy or Jim or John Harbaugh.

    Of course Marty had made the stupid statement that Elway was the best QB ever and this after having had Joe Montana play for him for 2 seasons. What a stupid braindead S.O.B. to even suggest something as stupid and false as that.

    I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, Marty has lost all credibility with those stupid statements & it eliminates any mystery as to why he was such a post-season loser. He was too braindead to get his team ready to play big games.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Y'know....we're all Chiefs fans. And I think that must be tougher for some of the 40 and under fans than it is for the 55+ guys. Us older guys remember two Super Bowl appearances, a Super Bowl WIN and we remember the announcers and even the New York Times speaking of the Chiefs with a certain amount of AWE! All the younger guys remember is "One and Done, One and Done, One and Done". As hard as that has been for us older guys, it has to be even harder for the younger guys. I have a HUGE amount of respect for guys that have remained Chiefs fans through so very many painful years. The best years they ever have known are the Marty years (especially the Montana years) but they have never had the the memories us old farts have.

    Hats off to the younger fans that have stayed true to our Chiefs. They have brass balls and loyalty made of titanium.

    It's time for our Chiefs and Andy Reid to get out there and start rewarding these younger fans for their loyalty. And I am honestly convinced that they are going to make at least a good start on that this year.
    Agreed 100%. Bonus points if they started being fans during the Pioli or Herm Edwards years and still stuck around.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,423
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Agreed 100%. Bonus points if they started being fans during the Pioli or Herm Edwards years and still stuck around.
    Could any new fan really survive that? That was worse than the late '70s and early '80s.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Could any new fan really survive that? That was worse than the late '70s and early '80s.
    Not sure if it was worse (Fans back then dealt with it for a bigger number of years.) but I'm sure if they bumped into a younger fan during the Edwards/Pioli years, they could at least relate.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    This is my first post. I've been a chiefs fan since '89 and from an island (
    Newfoundland, Canada) in the North Atlantic Ocean. I was 15 and loved watching okoye run up the gut. Folks, the '90's were a fantastic time to be cheering for the chiefs. Martyball was a big part of it and I, for one, am thankful for such a productive team to cheer for year after year. Yes, we fell short each year, but we always walked into the next season we high expectations. That, folks, was better than most fans get to experience in a lifetime. Rock on Marty.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,423
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    WELCOME NEWFIE!!!!!!

    Glad you enjoyed the Marty years. In a lot of ways they were GREAT! In a lot of ways they just flat sucked. The Marty years were the ULTIMATE case of "blue balls".

    Glad you've hung in there with our Chiefs! A lot of good years coming. Gonna be FUN being a Chiefs fan again!!!!!

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,481
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I was a kid during the Marty years 11 years old in 95 when I really started getting into the Chiefs. I loved Marty until that Gannon Grbac thing. Then I hated him. Now I'm older and after Herm I have a lot of respect for Marty. Even more after Romeo last year. Those are what horrible head coaches look like. Marty wasn't as bad as some fans think. He just made one REALLY bad choice at the QB spot. One that the team really never recovered from until Trent Green was brought in.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 18

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well that is his opinion and that he is entitled to it. But really liked the guy a lot. Both on and off the field! Hate it that he never, won a Super Bowl or was in it.
    ​NFL Training Camp!

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by newfiechieffan View Post
    This is my first post. I've been a chiefs fan since '89 and from an island (
    Newfoundland, Canada) in the North Atlantic Ocean. I was 15 and loved watching okoye run up the gut. Folks, the '90's were a fantastic time to be cheering for the chiefs. Martyball was a big part of it and I, for one, am thankful for such a productive team to cheer for year after year. Yes, we fell short each year, but we always walked into the next season we high expectations. That, folks, was better than most fans get to experience in a lifetime. Rock on Marty.
    Welcome to the forum, newfie !

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    581
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 69

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I was a kid during the Marty years 11 years old in 95 when I really started getting into the Chiefs. I loved Marty until that Gannon Grbac thing. Then I hated him. Now I'm older and after Herm I have a lot of respect for Marty. Even more after Romeo last year. Those are what horrible head coaches look like. Marty wasn't as bad as some fans think. He just made one REALLY bad choice at the QB spot. One that the team really never recovered from until Trent Green was brought in.
    Born in 84? 7/23/1984 here!

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,481
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Born in 84? 7/23/1984 here!
    Yep 1/20/84

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Marty Schottenheimer
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 03:43 PM
  2. Anyone else think Schottenheimer would bring more respect to KC?
    By King_of_the_Cassel in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
  3. Marty Schottenheimer Picks the Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 11:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •