Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Marty schottenheimer biggest mistake

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default Marty schottenheimer biggest mistake


    0 Not allowed!
    says stepping down as chiefs coach in 1998 was the biggest mistake he ever made in football.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football...tearful-ending

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,531
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 326

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by marloweopatchiefs View Post
    says stepping down as chiefs coach in 1998 was the biggest mistake he ever made in football.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football...tearful-ending
    I guess I gotta read his book. Marty was a great coach. Just not good enough....or maybe snakebit.......I dunno......but he was a good coach. And we Chiefs fans had some good times with him as coach of our Chiefs. We'll forget Marty after Reid gets us a Super Bowl, but thanks Marty........we had some good times.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,659
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 75

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    I hated marty for years for the Gannon Grbac choice but then someone showed up to KC and my hate turned to respect for Marty when I saw what a bad coach looks like. His name Herman Edwards

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,531
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 326

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yup......Marty was a TERRIBLE coach....until we saw Herm the Worm. Then we learned what a lousy coach was all about.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Gannon, but instead went with a physically better but not a play maker. Was Joe Montana a physically better player on the roster, no, but play maker he was. Biggest mistake ever made. Crbac over Gannon.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,225
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 580
    Given: 770

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Gannon, but instead went with a physically better but not a play maker. Was Joe Montana a physically better player on the roster, no, but play maker he was. Biggest mistake ever made. Crbac over Gannon.
    Indeed it was. How could Marty justify pulling Grbac in favor of Gannon in a meaningless season final game against the Saints when Grbac was floundering & not do the same thing in the post-season when it really counted and Grbac was still floundering? You knew right for the first couple of Offensive series that if Grbac was left in there the entire game that the Chiefs were going to lose. Grbac squandered their 2nd half timeouts and they didn't have any when they needed them late in the 4th QTR. Marty didn't want to win that game, for if he had, he would have pulled Grbac in favor of Gannon at least by halftime.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Indeed it was. How could Marty justify pulling Grbac in favor of Gannon in a meaningless season final game against the Saints when Grbac was floundering & not do the same thing in the post-season when it really counted and Grbac was still floundering? You knew right for the first couple of Offensive series that if Grbac was left in there the entire game that the Chiefs were going to lose. Grbac squandered their 2nd half timeouts and they didn't have any when they needed them late in the 4th QTR. Marty didn't want to win that game, for if he had, he would have pulled Grbac in favor of Gannon at least by halftime.
    Yes, that was a mistake, the bigger mistake happen in the off season. That was a Carl mistake. Do not take me wrong, I think Marty was one of our best coaches ever.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,659
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 75

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Indeed it was. How could Marty justify pulling Grbac in favor of Gannon in a meaningless season final game against the Saints when Grbac was floundering & not do the same thing in the post-season when it really counted and Grbac was still floundering? You knew right for the first couple of Offensive series that if Grbac was left in there the entire game that the Chiefs were going to lose. Grbac squandered their 2nd half timeouts and they didn't have any when they needed them late in the 4th QTR. Marty didn't want to win that game, for if he had, he would have pulled Grbac in favor of Gannon at least by halftime.
    I think Marty wanted to win just as bad as any coach. I think he just got to caught up in the old starter gives you the best chance to win. Sometimes the starter that you had is not the best guy to go with when the "backup" is hot. Gannon was hot and was just better then Grbac. Marty just couldn't seem to get that. It hurt badly.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,156
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    It's easy to second guess. Elvis had always been our starter when healthy. Gannon played as a backup. Marty was loyal to his QB. So hate him for being loyal. Not everyone has the gonads to turn their back on the guy that got them there. Belichick(Brady for Blessoe), Harbaugh(Kapernick/Alex Smith). Now it's happening in Chicago. If Cutler magically stays healthy, coach is gonna have a tough decision.


  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,060
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    he knew how to build killer D's ill say that for him
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lost all respect for Marty Schottenheimer
    By brdempsey69 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
  2. Firing herm edwards was the biggest mistake ever!!!
    By garciakcfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 05:13 PM
  3. Marty Schottenheimer
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 03:43 PM
  4. Marty Schottenheimer Picks the Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Big Daddy Tek in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 11:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •