Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Report: Welker likely out until playoffs

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Report: Welker likely out until playoffs

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Broncos receiver Wes Welker made a quick return from the first diagnosed concussion he suffered during the 2013 season.* His second concussion, which came three weeks to the day later, has resulted in a significantly longer absence. According to Chris Mortensen and Jeff Legwold of ESPN, Welker likely won’t play again until the postseason. On… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 68

0 Not allowed!
    Good news for us hopefully they will lose one of their last 2 or both for good measure

Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 111

1 Not allowed!
    I think having Welker out really hurts their Offense. Welker's presence pulls a lot of the D's attention that Andre Caldwell (his replacement) doesnt need. While I completely expect the Donkeys to win their next two games, not having him makes them a little weaker on O.

Im hoping the Texans show up big time this week and at least keep it close. It would be awesome if they win with JJ Watt sacking Manning a couple of times.

I hope he gets better in the long run, but it would be awesome for Denver's opponents (possibly us in the near future) if Welker was out for the rest of the season and playoffs. In my professional opinion (which isnt tainted at all by the fact that I am a Chiefs fan ;)), he should sit out the rest of the year.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    just heard this on a local sports show. he's had 2 concussions inside a 3 wks. and a must have for manning. one of the reasons they lost to the bolts. so he's gone for the last 2 and maybe the PO's. if we run the table we force them to do it the hard way. also CB Webster is out with a thumb.
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

2 Not allowed!
    Head injuries are nothing to mess with. Too often players recovering from a concussion are rushed back onto the field after missing only one game or even the very next week. Two concussions in a 3 week period is not just twice as bad as one concussion; it's much more serious. Of course, concussions like most injuries come in all varieties of seriousness, but they should never be taken lightly. In the 2010 season, Bears linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer sustained a severe concussion in the season opener and was placed on injured reserve. He never played football again and was released from the team in February 2011.

If Welker is still showing any symptoms at all, the Donks need to sit him out. Of course, I wish him a full recovery, but I hope he doesn't play until after the Donkeys are eliminated from the playoffs!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Come on Donks. Play the guy. We of course don't think he is one more hit away from retiring. Yeah, that's it. That's the truth.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Head injuries are nothing to mess with. Too often players recovering from a concussion are rushed back onto the field after missing only one game or even the very next week. Two concussions in a 3 week period is not just twice as bad as one concussion; it's much more serious. Of course, concussions like most injuries come in all varieties of seriousness, but they should never be taken lightly. In the 2010 season, Bears linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer sustained a severe concussion in the season opener and was placed on injured reserve. He never played football again and was released from the team in February 2011.

If Welker is still showing any symptoms at all, the Donks need to sit him out. Of course, I wish him a full recovery, but I hope he doesn't play until after the Donkeys are eliminated from the playoffs!
    know how they feel. back in 2002 I fell on an icy driveway and cracked my skull.
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 274

0 Not allowed!
    Welker, schmelker! I just want our Chiefs to get one more shot at these double-damned donkeys! We'll kick their butts from here to oakland and then back to New York!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    I like the sentiment you are expressing. But it would be a step toward realistic without Welker in the picture.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 274

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I like the sentiment you are expressing. But it would be a step toward realistic without Welker in the picture.
    It would help--NO DOUBT! That said, I don't think the donkeys can beat us three times. If we get another shot at them they will go down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast