Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost all respect for Marty Schottenheimer

Default Lost all respect for Marty Schottenheimer

At NFL.com Marty is saying that there is no better coach in the NFL than Mike Shanahan. Is he stupid or blind or both? You can't convince me that Shanaturd is better than Andy Reid or Bill Belichick or Mike McCarthy or Jim or John Harbaugh.

Of course Marty had made the stupid statement that Elway was the best QB ever and this after having had Joe Montana play for him for 2 seasons. What a stupid braindead S.O.B. to even suggest something as stupid and false as that.

I can't speak for anybody else, but to me, Marty has lost all credibility with those stupid statements & it eliminates any mystery as to why he was such a post-season loser. He was too braindead to get his team ready to play big games.

I could, honestly, care less what he thinks bud.

it's his opinion

elway beat him every chance he got, and let's be real, KC fans hate elway, but in no way does that degrade elway from behing one of the best. dude went to 5 super bowls. He coached montana for a couple years but saw elway all the damn time. The guy is not going to be loyal to one team, he coached other teams.

need to drop your homer-ism once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I could, honestly, care less what he thinks bud.
    It's sad to see it come to this after 10 years as the Chiefs coach. And sadder that he gave that 1997 playoff game to Denver, like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It's sad to see it come to this after 10 years as the Chiefs coach. And sadder that he gave that 1997 playoff game to Denver, like he did.

Are you really saying "Marty let elway win" and linking this quote to the reason why you believe he did?

It's sad to see that after the 10 years marty gave this team (and probably being the 2nd most succeful coach in chiefs history), you're dropping him like a bad habbit

brdempsey......

Go a little easy on Marty. He's getting old and nobody really gives a damn what he says anymore. So he says outrageous things in the vague hope that somebody somewhere will actually notice. We had some fun times with Marty as coach. Some bad times too. Just like with Hank Stram. Thank Marty for the good times. Try to forget the bad times. And remember....he is UTTERLY irrelevant now. Remember.....Marty means absolutely no more today than some drunk raiders fan talking smack.

Thanks for the good times Marty, but to tell you the truth, you are already forgotten. Our Chiefs have Super Bowls to WIN!!!!!

I've read his book "Martyball". This is just Marty's way of being understanding of what Shanahan is going through with the front office of the Redskins, and giving a word of support.

The problem is (this is covered in the book) that Snyder has a ton of business people that come from other trades that were brought on board to help run the redskins, few of which understood pro football. They bent Snyder's ear sideways, and because they were making him money in other venues, he was compelled to listen.

According to the book in a story related by Carl Petersen, during a 'skins/Chiefs game one of these guys approached CP complaining about Schottenheimer, asking him "How could you stand that SOB for all those years ?!?..." Carl ripped into his hind end, telling him working with Marty was some of the best years he'd ever had.

Marty might also be comparing the Shanahan/RGIII situation to the situation in DC where he was stuck with Jeff George. If that's the case...think he's off base there. But there's no doubt in my mind that Marty and JG mixed like oil & water. JG was the type of QB that would throw for 4000+ yards in a season, ton of INTs, but have a 4-12 and think he was hot stuff. That's just NOT Marty's type of QB. But RGIII is not JG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I've read his book "Martyball". This is just Marty's way of being understanding of what Shanahan is going through with the front office of the Redskins, and giving a word of support.

The problem is (this is covered in the book) that Snyder has a ton of business people that come from other trades that were brought on board to help run the redskins, few of which understood pro football. They bent Snyder's ear sideways, and because they were making him money in other venues, he was compelled to listen.

According to the book in a story related by Carl Petersen, during a 'skins/Chiefs game one of these guys approached CP complaining about Schottenheimer, asking him "How could you stand that SOB for all those years ?!?..." Carl ripped into his hind end, telling him working with Marty was some of the best years he'd ever had.

Marty might also be comparing the Shanahan/RGIII situation to the situation in DC where he was stuck with Jeff George. If that's the case...think he's off base there. But there's no doubt in my mind that Marty and JG mixed like oil & water. JG was the type of QB that would throw for 4000+ yards in a season, ton of INTs, but have a 4-12 and think he was hot stuff. That's just NOT Marty's type of QB. But RGIII is not JG.
    Great post.

Sorry gentleman, but I'm not going to give him a pass for the stupid stunt he pulled in the '97 playoff game. He knew he was crippling his team by letting Grbac play that whole game and not letting Gannon play. He was without excuse.

If he had said regarding Elway to the effect "Elway played great against us & beat us many times", then that would have been one thing. But to make the stupid statement that Elway was the best ever -- sorry it just proves the man can't be thinking rationally. Did he not see SB 24? At least John Madden watched the careers of both Montana and Elway and can give a more diplomatic perspective than Marty, and Madden calls Montana the best ever.

Those times that he was coach were only good at the beginning and then went sour very quickly because you knew he was never going to bring home the Lombardi. For the most part, he was victimized by bad luck, but not in '97 -- that's where he blatantly shot himself in the foot and I don't believe for one second that Hank Stram, Dick Vermeil, or Andy Reid would have benched Gannon for that playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

Are you really saying "Marty let elway win" and linking this quote to the reason why you believe he did?

It's sad to see that after the 10 years marty gave this team (and probably being the 2nd most succeful coach in chiefs history), you're dropping him like a bad habbit
    I think he might be talking about the choice to play Grbac or Gannon. I'm still a tad upset about that one
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast