Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some quick thoughts on the game.

Default Some quick thoughts on the game.

1- Let's face it we are very good against bad teams, but we have proven we can't beat the teams with playoffs potential this year. That's not all bad, because we have been bad against bad teams too in recent years. We are by all indications going to be a one and done team in the playoffs.

2- The reason for #1 is (A) our sorry secondary, (B) our receiving corps, (C) our Oline, in that order. I see off season corrections for (B) and (C), but (A) looks bad. I don't know if it's scheme and coaching or lack of talent in the secondary. I'd keep Berry, but the rest - including Flowers - can be replaced as far as I'm concerned.

3- Andy was totally outcoached today. The terrible untimely use of the timeouts at the end of the first half was THE worst I have seen this year.

4- The refs did not do us any favors, but I'm not gonna dwell on that much anymore.

5- This was the most undesciplined game the Chiefs have played ALL season. The fumbles, INTs, Powe's taunting, etc. all contributed mightily to our massacre.

6- Jamaal Charles is the one player immune from the rants. He is a stud.

7- I'm not sure if fumblitis can be coached out of Knile Davis. I wish Cyrus Grey was given more opportunities.

8- (insert your rant)

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Was the pass rush non existant again today?
    For the most part, yes. But pass coverage was even more non-existant.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    For the most part, yes. But pass coverage was even more non-existant.
    But you can attribute the coevrage with lack of pressure. Looking back when we were sacking the QB left and right earlier in the year, our secondary also looked better. When you're a blitzing team, and you can't get pressure, it's one on one with probably no safety help

Had two terrible blown coverages. Not disciplined no urgency. Outside of jamaal we seemed to not even care. It's as if they knew we would be playing these guys again in two weeks and didn't care today. So disappointing. It was a terrible game to be at. Froze my arse off for that crap.

i just keep telling myself , we were 2 and 14 last year. Everything about this year has been a success. Compare to where we were heading. Still pumped up about this season. And Indy or cincy I'm gonna be there.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    sorry, but i'm not buying that one. One and done will be determined once the post season games are played. Anything can happen in the post-season. All theses so-called "playoff caliber" teams are not invincible. We are not talking about joe montana and the niners in their prime with any of these teams competing in the post-season in 2013. Back in 1989, you knew that barring any major injuries, that montana & the 49ers were going to run the table in that post-season. I don't see that with any of these teams this year.
    Damned f'ing straight!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-22-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    They don't really have that strict of rules on it. You see stuff like Poe all the time and it's very rarely called. Refs just pick and chose when they want to inforce it. How is the Colts players dance after a sack any different? They just pick and chose who they want to flag and it just ticks me off

Now on to anther thought of the game. Maybe the Chiefs just got ****ey after they had the good start and felt they were just going to roll like they have the past 2 weeks instead of going out there and making it happen. I'm very disapointed in that effort or lack there of. Today was just a bad day you can't say otherwise. Very disapointing
    Still, they have not proven themselves against good teams with solid QBs. In the playoffs there's nothing but good teams with solid QBs. That bothers me. I hope my concern is unwarranted, but I don't think it is.

8- I HATE 3rd QUARTERS THIS YEAR. We just seem to come out of the Locker room totally unprepared. Earlier in the season against weaker teams our O would wake up enough to have a 4th quarter scoring drive to to pull the game out. Against better teams (Colts, Bolts, and Donks) this came back to bite us in the ***.

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    But you can attribute the coevrage with lack of pressure. Looking back when we were sacking the QB left and right earlier in the year, our secondary also looked better. When you're a blitzing team, and you can't get pressure, it's one on one with probably no safety help
    From Andy Reid's post game presser he said TAMBAs knee is injured and that it happened in the beginning of the game. Let's rest him and Houstin and have them both healthy come wildcard weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    1- Let's face it we are very good against bad teams, but we have proven we can't beat the teams with playoffs potential this year. That's not all bad, because we have been bad against bad teams too in recent years. We are by all indications going to be a one and done team in the playoffs.

2- The reason for #1 is (A) our sorry secondary, (B) our receiving corps, (C) our Oline, in that order. I see off season corrections for (B) and (C), but (A) looks bad. I don't know if it's scheme and coaching or lack of talent in the secondary. I'd keep Berry, but the rest - including Flowers - can be replaced as far as I'm concerned.

3- Andy was totally outcoached today. The terrible untimely use of the timeouts at the end of the first half was THE worst I have seen this year.

4- The refs did not do us any favors, but I'm not gonna dwell on that much anymore.

5- This was the most undesciplined game the Chiefs have played ALL season. The fumbles, INTs, Powe's taunting, etc. all contributed mightily to our massacre.

6- Jamaal Charles is the one player immune from the rants. He is a stud.

7- I'm not sure if fumblitis can be coached out of Knile Davis. I wish Cyrus Grey was given more opportunities.

8- (insert your rant)
    Was at the game. Cold as *($%!. For anyone that doesn't know, if your seat at Arrowhead is covered with ice, just punch the center of the seat until the ice shatters and most of it will just fall right off. Also works good for "anger management" issues during the game as well. Must've had ten seats cleaned off by third quarter. My thoughts/rant(s)...

What killed the Chiefs on Sunday was combination of poor tackling, dropped passes, passes to recievers that were going nowhere. With the exception of dropped passes, I lay the blame on the coaches. It's their responsiblity to make sure that guys are at least ready to show up and play football. We shot ourselves in both feet this game.

Alex Smith's pick in the end zone - That's twice now that we've seen the Chiefs march all the way down the field and throw an INT (First one being in the Broncos @ KC). As much as I wish Alex hadn't thrown that ball, that play was poorly called by the coaches. It was a huge momentum killer for us, and an ego booster for them. The crowd at Arrowhead was not the same after that INT.

One of the good things I saw was that when they tried to run crossing routes to take away our defensive backs, for the most part, they didn't bite. What killed us in the backfield was poor tackling, especially on number 17. Time after time we'd try tackling the guy way too high, and he'd always spin out of it for major chunks of yardage.

The game plan of pass pass pass run pass pass sucked. Before the game started, everyone was talking about how it was going to a vanilla game, but if that was the case, why didn't they rest some of the starters?

The other crowd killer at Arrowhead was the Zebras. No call after no call. When our D-lineman got held, then taken to the ground on his back and held there, the zebras had to have seen that. No call. Granted, Dontari Poe shouldn't have waved his hand in front of the Colts O-line, but if you look at the clip, their O-lineman was running off at the mouth, too.

^^If the Zebra were a problem yesterday, then it does make you wonder about what's going to happen in the post-season. Are we going to get a level playing field in all the games or is some team going to be the beneficiary of bad calls/no calls in the post-season? Hate to see that happen.

I see a lot of pointing at the officials. Calls go both ways. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the fumble by Hemingway that they reviewed and somehow still said wasn't a fumble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast