Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The gloom and doom is UTTERLY inapropriate!

Default The gloom and doom is UTTERLY inapropriate!

Yeah......It is an absolute fact.....We got our ashes handed to us today.

But I am really not much surprised.

Last weekend we went from 2-14 to clinching a playoff berth. And this weekend we went out and played as if nothing really much mattered. And I am really not all that surprised. It was just that big "We did it" letdown.

I've seen it in sports. I've seen it in business. You reach that big goal and then you kick back and don't do sh!t.

Yeah.....these guys are pros getting paid a lot of money. And Andy Reid is a seasoned coach and he is supposed to know how to keep that from happening. But it still happens....over and over and over.

Let's put this loss in perspective......

We're in the playoffs and realistically nothing we do from now till that first playoff game means jack-diddly.

Yeah I wanted us to win this week and next so we would go into the playoffs with momentum, but look how we came back from the donkey, dolt, donkey losing streak.

Most of you know more about football than I do so you known damned well that for our Chiefs all that matters from here is the playoffs.

And believe it or not our players know it too. Reid might just have a clue as well.

Yeah....I'm pissed we got whupped the way we did. But it was not because they were that much better than us. It was because we just didn't show up to play today. Instead we played like a team that had nothing to play for. And after going from 2-14 to the playoffs last weekend, I'm just not all that surprised this happened. Disappointed? HELL YES! I EXPECT BETTER! But I am really not shocked.

Now it is time for Andy Reid to rub their noses in what they did today and make them understand that just making it to the playoffs ISN'T ENOUGH!

And I feel pretty good that he is going to do just that.

I can tell you this much. Dunta Robinson needs to check himself. The guy lost his job to Marcus Cooper for getting destroyed on a go route which he never looked like he was trying. So now that he is actually back on the field. He made his share of mistakes but was also visibly upset on the field after Brandon Flowers got beat. That family attitude that everyone is talking about will crumple the first second a person starts pointing fingers. The only people who can point fingers and get away with this type of behavior are players like Jamal Charles who are clearly not the problems and doing everything they can to make the team better. Dunta Robinson is a cancer waiting to happen. Just because he actually got to see the field because his replacement was becoming a liability does not give him the right to throw others under the bus because he has done nothing the entire season to get the team to the play offs.

The game could have been tons better but no one got hurt. We cannot say that same about Denver. Now about the Chargers, we need to send them packing for the year!

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure our defense played a base defense pretty much all game. They did blitz a couple times and completely messed it up. I don't think the Chiefs really came out to win. I think they played manilla Defense and tried to win straight up.

I wouldn't expect anything different next week, and hopefully they pull Charles and Smith let them rest. No more of those QB option passes that will get Alex Smith hurt a week before playoffs.

I really expected a lack luster game. It was like we scored, okay we know we can beat them lock it up and save it for later.

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    The game could have been tons better but no one got hurt. We cannot say that same about Denver. Now about the Chargers, we need to send them packing for the year!
    No. I am perfectly fine with the Chargers making the playoffs. We wouldn't see them until the AFC title game. I would very much rather the Chargers win than they Donkies. They have a better chance of knocking off the Donkies than any other team.

Got our asses kicked, end of story.

No reason for it (at home no less).

I am not too concerned about it. We will probably see that same team in two weeks, with the return of our full pass-rush.

I expect to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure our defense played a base defense pretty much all game. They did blitz a couple times and completely messed it up. I don't think the Chiefs really came out to win. I think they played manilla Defense and tried to win straight up.

I wouldn't expect anything different next week, and hopefully they pull Charles and Smith let them rest. No more of those QB option passes that will get Alex Smith hurt a week before playoffs.

I really expected a lack luster game. It was like we scored, okay we know we can beat them lock it up and save it for later.
    I truly hope you are right. If I knew Reid was pulling his punches I'd feel a LOT better.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I truly hope you are right. If I knew Reid was pulling his punches I'd feel a LOT better.
    I think they were punching, but they were more like Jabs instead of knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I can tell you this much. Dunta Robinson needs to check himself. The guy lost his job to Marcus Cooper for getting destroyed on a go route which he never looked like he was trying. So now that he is actually back on the field. He made his share of mistakes but was also visibly upset on the field after Brandon Flowers got beat. That family attitude that everyone is talking about will crumple the first second a person starts pointing fingers. The only people who can point fingers and get away with this type of behavior are players like Jamal Charles who are clearly not the problems and doing everything they can to make the team better. Dunta Robinson is a cancer waiting to happen. Just because he actually got to see the field because his replacement was becoming a liability does not give him the right to throw others under the bus because he has done nothing the entire season to get the team to the play offs.
    I dont have too much of a problem with Dunta, as I have read articles about how he is the veteran leader in the secondary. While he he lost his nickel spot in the beginning of the season, he is out there coaching guys up and teaching them the correct technique. So I have no problem with him being upset with a teammate on the field.

I don't mind they lost but there was no effort to fight back. they scored a TD then left the house
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast