Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The gloom and doom is UTTERLY inapropriate!

Default The gloom and doom is UTTERLY inapropriate!

Yeah......It is an absolute fact.....We got our ashes handed to us today.

But I am really not much surprised.

Last weekend we went from 2-14 to clinching a playoff berth. And this weekend we went out and played as if nothing really much mattered. And I am really not all that surprised. It was just that big "We did it" letdown.

I've seen it in sports. I've seen it in business. You reach that big goal and then you kick back and don't do sh!t.

Yeah.....these guys are pros getting paid a lot of money. And Andy Reid is a seasoned coach and he is supposed to know how to keep that from happening. But it still happens....over and over and over.

Let's put this loss in perspective......

We're in the playoffs and realistically nothing we do from now till that first playoff game means jack-diddly.

Yeah I wanted us to win this week and next so we would go into the playoffs with momentum, but look how we came back from the donkey, dolt, donkey losing streak.

Most of you know more about football than I do so you known damned well that for our Chiefs all that matters from here is the playoffs.

And believe it or not our players know it too. Reid might just have a clue as well.

Yeah....I'm pissed we got whupped the way we did. But it was not because they were that much better than us. It was because we just didn't show up to play today. Instead we played like a team that had nothing to play for. And after going from 2-14 to the playoffs last weekend, I'm just not all that surprised this happened. Disappointed? HELL YES! I EXPECT BETTER! But I am really not shocked.

Now it is time for Andy Reid to rub their noses in what they did today and make them understand that just making it to the playoffs ISN'T ENOUGH!

And I feel pretty good that he is going to do just that.

I don't feel the doom and gloom is necessarily inappropriate per-se, people have a right to feel however they want to about the situation regardless of whether or not it is warranted. Based on what we have seen against playoff caliber teams this season I'm not going to say that it is totally without merit. Having said thus, you're right it is too early to throw in the towel.

Hey boss-man! Everybody has the right to state their opinion (except Phil Robertson!). Hope nobody took my post to mean that they didn't have the right to say what they think. I just happen to think that the gloom and doom crowd are so full of it that their eyes are turning brown. And of course, that is only my opinion.

Our Chiefs are going to the playoffs and as I have said many times before, that first playoff win is going to be really tough to get.

But IMO anyone that says we suck, can't beat a good team or any of that talking head BS is throwing in the towel way too damned quick.

In our 9-0 run I saw more in game posts than I can count saying that the game was over and we had lost......and they never turned out to be right.

We're in the playoffs and I know damned well that if our whole team shows up and plays 100% then there isn't a team that is so much better than us that we can't beat them. Equally, if 95% of our team takes the week off then there aren't many teams out there that can't beat us.

Shouldn't we give this Chiefs team the same benefit of the doubt that we gave the Chiefs teams in the early Marty years?

I say that IF we can get that first playoff win then we will go to the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-22-2013 at 10:13 PM.

ah yeah they gave up alright. did you read the post game reporting on the locker room situation? it sounds as though they really put in a lot of work this week to come out and play that bad. jamaal charles didnt sound happy. alex smith didnt seem pleased. dunta robinson told it like it was. its a little worrying to me that the players game thoughts dont seem to corroborate your theory. they dont sound like they expected to come out and lose the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    ah yeah they gave up alright. did you read the post game reporting on the locker room situation? it sounds as though they really put in a lot of work this week to come out and play that bad. jamaal charles didnt sound happy. alex smith didnt seem pleased. dunta robinson told it like it was. its a little worrying to me that the players game thoughts dont seem to corroborate your theory. they dont sound like they expected to come out and lose the way they did.
    I didn't see the post game stuff. I was at work. I'm sure I will find the interviews somewhere on the net. Regardless though, I am not ready to call it quits. I think we had lost this game before we ever took the field.....or at least most of our players had. JC and Smith certainly hadn't. Some others too. But as a team we just didn't come out to play today. And one thing is CERTAIN.....we're a GOOD team....but we are NOT a one or two man team. If we are going to beat playoff teams then we need 100% team effort to win. And at least in my eyes, we didn't get it today.......and I am just not all that surprised. But that is just my opinion and we all know about opinions...........

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Hey boss-man! Everybody has the right to state their opinion (except Phil Robertson!). Hope nobody took my post to mean that they didn't have the right to say what they think. I just happen to think that the gloom and doom crowd are so full of it that their eyes are turning brown. And of course, that is only my opinion.

Our Chiefs are going to the playoffs and as I have said many times before, that first playoff win is going to be really tough to get.

But IMO anyone that says we suck, can't beat a good team or any of that talking head BS is throwing in the towel way too damned quick.

In our 9-0 run I saw more in game posts than I can count saying that the game was over and we had lost......and they never turned out to be right.

We're in the playoffs and I know damned well that if our whole team shows up and plays 100% then there isn't a team that is so much better than us that we can't beat them. Equally, if 95% of our team takes the week off then there aren't many teams out there that can't beat us.

Shouldn't we give this Chiefs team the same benefit of the doubt that we gave the Chiefs teams in the early Marty years?

I say that IF we can get that first playoff win then we will go to the Super Bowl.
    Good point...

...about Phil Robertson I mean.

It's not surprising that panic buttons are being pushed all over the place regarding today's game.

Personally, I suspected a letdown today after clinching a playoff spot last week. How can they not be looking ahead to the post-season since they are going to be in it & nobody at the start of the season thought they had a chance of getting there?

If they were going to have an off day, I'd rather that it be today and not their 1st post-season game.

What happened today was that this team got ****y. They had 2 games in a row that they really put away early. We saw signs of that last week they got a big lead then they had a let down and just about let Oakland back in the game. Teams who have gone through the losing this team has over the past few years have to learn to deal with success. This team had a good start and they got ****y again. Problem is that they were facing a playoff team. They got their rear ends kicked. The question is if that's enough to teach this team the lesson or if they had more learning to do. This game was not how this team plays they did so many things they just haven't done much this year. This was not the norm.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If people thought that what happened to the Chiefs was bad yesterday, then I'd suggest to go watch what happened to the Bears at Philly. At least the Chiefs didn't wind up on the wrong end of that type of score, in spite of playing their worst game this year.

Beat the chArgers all is forgiven..lose and we have issues. We can't let them in playoffs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast