Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The San Diego game next week

Default The San Diego game next week

I just had an debate with a friend who thought the Chiefs should rest the starters next week, minimizing the risk of some starter injury, and take a loss now that they have clinched 5th seed.

Well, hold on, I say, hold on there, chicken hawk!!!... I think if there were ever a game to try to build self confidence heading into the playoffs it is the upcoming SD game. This team has to be feeling that they can't beat playoff caliber teams. The proof is in the pudding. Denver, SD, Denver again, and now Indy. I don't think anyone can argue that SD is a playoff caliber team that may have awaken a bit too late in the season. Beating them on their turf - even in a game meaningless to us otherwise - can transform this young squad from playoff losers to some advance potential.

So I say, go full force and don't worry about the risks.

Which side of this debate are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    Why the Hell not? Hell this game may not matter at all to the Bolts if both Miami and Baltimore fail to lose, and in that case let me say good luck! Personally I would like to see the AFC West send three teams to the playoffs, just to show the rest of the league the quality of play in the AFC West.
    I would think that you would want to beat us at our best at full strength in order to give legitimacy to your potential playoff berth. However, I understand what you're saying. As fans of our perspective favorite football teams we want to see our teams win every time they take the field. Well it just so happens that our teams meet this Sunday and I'm not a big fan of seeing mine throw a game simply because we can, and I would think you would like to see your team earn it rather than having it handed to you on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would think you would like to see your team earn it rather than having it handed to you on a silver platter.
    To be honest, I'll take the win any way the Bolts can get it. I am looking for this playoff to give the current team experience in the playoffs so that when they get into the playoffs next year they will have the experience of having been there before.
    Crush The raiders!

To be honest, I'll take the win any way the Bolts can get it. I am looking for this playoff to give the current team experience in the playoffs so that when they get into the playoffs next year they will have the experience of having been there before.
    Ha, it would have to be a wild card again cause we are taking the division next year

That makes sense I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    has that ever been done before?
    The AFC west has had two teams make the wild card rounds in the following years:

1983 Denver and Seattle
    1984 Seattle and Oakland
    1991 Kansas City and Oakland
    1993 Denver and LA raiders

The Source for this was the following page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_West.
    Crush The raiders!

The AFC west has had two teams make the wild card rounds in the following years:

1983 Denver and Seattle
    1984 Seattle and Oakland
    1991 Kansas City and Oakland
    1993 Denver and LA raiders

The Source for this was the following page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_West.
    Looks like we are going to give the Bolts their wish...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...eserves-this-w

BoltWalt - I ask this because I think you're a good poster, not trying to start anything just want to hear an answer from a Bolts fan...What's the overall mood in San Diego now that A.J. Smith is gone? Is the general feeling that things are better or worse there in SD?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Looks like we are going to give the Bolts their wish...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...eserves-this-w
    "If either the Dolphins or Ravens win, the Chargers will be out of the playoff hunt"

That is the killer in that the Chargers must hope for the Jets to defeat Miami and the Ravens to defeat the Bengals, I just don't see the Jets defeating Miami.
    Crush The raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    BoltWalt - I ask this because I think you're a good poster, not trying to start anything just want to hear an answer from a Bolts fan...What's the overall mood in San Diego now that A.J. Smith is gone? Is the general feeling that things are better or worse there in SD?
    There was much rejoicing when both Smith and Turner were sacked.
    Crush The raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    There was much rejoicing when both Smith and Turner were sacked.
    Crush The raiders!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast