Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The San Diego game next week

Default The San Diego game next week

I just had an debate with a friend who thought the Chiefs should rest the starters next week, minimizing the risk of some starter injury, and take a loss now that they have clinched 5th seed.

Well, hold on, I say, hold on there, chicken hawk!!!... I think if there were ever a game to try to build self confidence heading into the playoffs it is the upcoming SD game. This team has to be feeling that they can't beat playoff caliber teams. The proof is in the pudding. Denver, SD, Denver again, and now Indy. I don't think anyone can argue that SD is a playoff caliber team that may have awaken a bit too late in the season. Beating them on their turf - even in a game meaningless to us otherwise - can transform this young squad from playoff losers to some advance potential.

So I say, go full force and don't worry about the risks.

Which side of this debate are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Sadly I have a feeling fumbling can't be coached out of him. Maybe despite my motto I'm judging him too soon. But every time he gets the ball I have a sinking feeling in my chest.
    He's got the best coach to teach him how to hold the football in Jamaal Charles. Wasn't Jamaal like that in the beginning of his pro career?

Give the guy a break he has been pivotal in this years success and he gets Jamaal Charles off the field for some rests and has quality plays

It can be coached out of him. It will just take some more time. Usually guys who come in to the league with fumbling issues dont fix it until their second season. However, he has made huge improvements since the beginning of the season when he couldnt even cleanly catch kickoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Give the guy a break he has been pivotal in this years success and he gets Jamaal Charles off the field for some rests and has quality plays
    For that I like to see more of Cyrus Grey. I think CG is very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    For that I like to see more of Cyrus Grey. I think CG is very underrated.
    CG for special teams too? CG already has his assignments on special teams and it's as a blocker not a returner

CG as back up running back to Jamaal. That's what I meant.

I'm saying as an all around contributer to this team in all phases knile Davis has been a great asset. So what if he had a bad game in his Rookie season. He will learn if he doesn't coach Reid will know when to pull the plug on him

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Beat them!! We can't let them in the playoffs!!!
    Why the Hell not? Hell this game may not matter at all to the Bolts if both Miami and Baltimore fail to lose, and in that case let me say good luck! Personally I would like to see the AFC West send three teams to the playoffs, just to show the rest of the league the quality of play in the AFC West.
    Crush The raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    Why the Hell not? Hell this game may not matter at all to the Bolts if both Miami and Baltimore fail to lose, and in that case let me say good luck! Personally I would like to see the AFC West send three teams to the playoffs, just to show the rest of the league the quality of play in the AFC West.
    has that ever been done before?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    has that ever been done before?
    I know other divisions have in the past, but not sure about specifically the AFC West. This year there is a decent shot that the Cards get in and that would make 3 teams from the NFC West.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast