Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The San Diego game next week

Default The San Diego game next week

I just had an debate with a friend who thought the Chiefs should rest the starters next week, minimizing the risk of some starter injury, and take a loss now that they have clinched 5th seed.

Well, hold on, I say, hold on there, chicken hawk!!!... I think if there were ever a game to try to build self confidence heading into the playoffs it is the upcoming SD game. This team has to be feeling that they can't beat playoff caliber teams. The proof is in the pudding. Denver, SD, Denver again, and now Indy. I don't think anyone can argue that SD is a playoff caliber team that may have awaken a bit too late in the season. Beating them on their turf - even in a game meaningless to us otherwise - can transform this young squad from playoff losers to some advance potential.

So I say, go full force and don't worry about the risks.

Which side of this debate are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    "If either the Dolphins or Ravens win, the Chargers will be out of the playoff hunt"

That is the killer in that the Chargers must hope for the Jets to defeat Miami and the Ravens to defeat the Bengals, I just don't see the Jets defeating Miami.
    Buffalo shut them out last week, that was not expected by most but fits recent Dolphin history. The Ravens are winners, I wouldn't hold out the 'Phins shooting themselves in the foot.

I would play most if not all of our guys and I hope the coaches coach our team up on the importance of trying our hardest to get some rivalry cred back. It's not a Madden thing this is life.

There was much rejoicing when both Smith and Turner were sacked.
    There was much rejoicing when both Smith and Turner were sacked.
    A reply so good it bore repeating???

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Sadly I have a feeling fumbling can't be coached out of him. Maybe despite my motto I'm judging him too soon. But every time he gets the ball I have a sinking feeling in my chest.
    I agree. That was his problem in college, plus he couldn't stay healthy. I was surprised we took him in the 3rd round. He seems like he has so much potential, but if he can't hang onto the ball he is no use to us.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Why the Hell not? Hell this game may not matter at all to the Bolts if both Miami and Baltimore fail to lose, and in that case let me say good luck! Personally I would like to see the AFC West send three teams to the playoffs, just to show the rest of the league the quality of play in the AFC West.
    I am with ya Walt.

It wouldn't bother me to see the AFC West with three teams in the playoffs. Not to mention, the only way we would see them would be in the AFC Championship game, which would, then, be played at Arrowhead.

But, most importantly, I want my squad as healthy as possible heading into the postseason.

Well the Chiefs are in no matter what. I just worry that the Chargers would get the #6 seed and be very powerful during the playoffs as that is a major concern for me.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well the Chiefs are in no matter what. I just worry that the Chargers would get the #6 seed and be very powerful during the playoffs as that is a major concern for me.
    If Miami beats the Jets (very probable) earlier your concern will be moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    A reply so good it bore repeating???
    Not at all, I screwed up. It seems that I am unable to delete my own postings.
    Crush The raiders!

Not at all, I screwed up. It seems that I am unable to delete my own postings.
    LOL! Yeah I know, I'm just ribbin ya.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234