Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally OT, but I have a favor to ask.......

Default Totally OT, but I have a favor to ask.......

Guys,

I know this is not Chiefs-related, but a very dear friend of mine from I guess '68 or '69 onwards is in Hospital in Boston and not doing well. For those of you that talk to the man upstairs, I'd be grateful for a good word for Jon Wordell.

Done!

Thank you Chiefster! Jon is one of the "Good Guys". He was a teacher of mine back in that time called the "Vietnam War" when a lot of young men were truly confused about right and wrong and even about America. He was a steady guide in those difficult times for a lot of young guys that were truly confused. He's been a close friend ever since. Should he "retire", the world will be a lesser place without him.

Done.

Thanks Justin! The doctors are not holding out a lot of hope, but then 2 days ago they said it was a matter of hours. He and his family are all hoping for a Christmas Miracle.

on our knees
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thank you Chiefster! Jon is one of the "Good Guys". He was a teacher of mine back in that time called the "Vietnam War" when a lot of young men were truly confused about right and wrong and even about America. He was a steady guide in those difficult times for a lot of young guys that were truly confused. He's been a close friend ever since. Should he "retire", the world will be a lesser place without him.
    was he a vet or a consular ??
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thank you kcvet. Jon was my Science teacher in the late '60's. The Vietnam war was at it's height and young teens were being pulled in all sorts of directions. Were you on the side of the "Hippies" or more traditional America? Jon quietly guided a lot of us kids towards a path that allowed us to avoid "peer pressure" and make our own decisions. Generally, we made the right decisions thanks to him. Of course we wouldn't listen to our parents. We were "too smart" for that. But we'd listen to him. We were lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thank you kcvet. Jon was my Science teacher in the late '60's. The Vietnam war was at it's height and young teens were being pulled in all sorts of directions. Were you on the side of the "Hippies" or more traditional America? Jon quietly guided a lot of us kids towards a path that allowed us to avoid "peer pressure" and make our own decisions. Generally, we made the right decisions thanks to him. Of course we wouldn't listen to our parents. We were "too smart" for that. But we'd listen to him. We were lucky.
    sounds like he gave some good advice. I served in Nam from 66-70

Thank you for your service. Not just a saying....My "thank you" truly comes from my heart. At 13 I was all set to refuse to register for the draft. Thanks to the guidance of Jon Wordell, had the war still been going on when I turned 18 I would have volunteered. Jon had taught me that the world was about more than just me. Takes someone special to teach that to a self-centered teenager in times as trying as the late '60s. I can't begin to tell you how much respect I have for Vietnam Vets.

And OH....my question......"Were you on the side of the "Hippies" or more traditional America?" was not meant as a question to you....your avitar says it all....I was just stating the question that all teenagers faced in the later '60s. The peer pressure to be with the Hippies was tremendous. As I am sure you know. Jon taught me that I didn't have to do something because that was what the "cool" kids were doing. Takes somebody special to teach that to a kid.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-24-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast