Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For your brdempsy regarding Albert

Default For your brdempsy regarding Albert

Andrew Abramson@AbramsonPBP5h
    Branden Albert is apparently looking for a deal about $9 million/year with $25 million guaranteed. Pricier than Jake Long last year.

He's not worth it. Let him walk
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Over the course of how many years?

Pass.

Not sure how he got a Pro Bowl nod this year. He was much better last season, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Over the course of how many years?
    It doesn't say but any year at 9 is to high for Albert he hasn't played well enough to earn that. My guess would be 4-5 years
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Albert made it because Clady wasn't playing this year. Still didn't deserve it in my opinion. If he is the best LT the AFC has to offer than there will be a lot of LT's going early in this years draft. Free agency is the ONLY reason that Branden Albert is suddenly ready to play against San Diego. Hopefully we get maximum effort and his best performance out of him in his playoff game against Robert Mathis in two weeks. If he gets beat up that game, on the national media stage, there is no way he gets $9mm/yr from any team.
    I see a 0% chance of him being a Chief beyond this season.

I personally think that Stephenson has come in and played just as well as Albert did earlier in the year. He is not worth that contract, I'd let him walk.

My sentiments exactly --- let him walk. Albert has not been head and shoulders above any of the other O-Lineman this year. He's in the Pro Bowl because Clady was hurt and so was Okung for much of the season.

The money that Albert is looking for needs to be spent elsewhere. Justin Houston still needs to be taken care of and Houston is way more valuable at this stage.

Stephenson and Fisher will give the Chiefs a solid pair of bookend Tackles for many years to come and their asking price when their rookie contracts expire will be more reasonable than what Albert is wanting.

Looking for 9 million a year Princess Albert? Well, look elsewhere other than KC.

Albert's (or maybe his agent?) stirring the pot at the WORST time (a couple weeks before a playoff game). But is it just me, or is this the guy's track record? For example, last offseason all the drama about getting a huge contract, demanding to play LT, then dragging his heels when the team tried to trade him (with no success), happening because the team hinted it might NOT draft a QB, and go O-line instead?

If the guy had been more flexible (more willing to play other positions on the line) can see where a long term contract might be offered, if anything to keep some experience/depth on the line. But he hasn't been flexible, and asking for way too much money.

Another thing that should have been considered is this...Branden's (and his agent) are trying to bat for $25 million (minimum) from a smaller market team that's will possibly be trying to land a major threat at WR. Stellar WR's, even ones that will sign limited three year contracts, will not come cheap.
    Last edited by Eydugstr; 12-29-2013 at 10:17 AM.

BA has done some good work for us the last 5 years so I would hate to see him go elsewhere. That said I just don't see him being worth almost 7% of our entire salary cap money. Hopefully he will perform a cranio-rectal extraction and be willing to sign a more reasonable contract. Can't say I have high hopes though.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It doesn't say but any year at 9 is to high for Albert he hasn't played well enough to earn that. My guess would be 4-5 years

So, he's asking for potentially 61 to 70 Million dollars over a 4-5 year period???

Ummmm, NO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast