Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

Default Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

What an embarrassment. Sitting your starters is an embarrassment. Andy Reid should apologize to the entire league. It would serve us right if we met the Bolts in the playoffs and they kicked our as*es. A game is never meaningless, and to play it that way is BS. Steelers fans should despise the Chiefs for a long time. They had an amazing turnaround this year and the Chiefs ruined it for them, and we let the hated Bolts prance right into the playoffs. I am so pis*ed off right now, and anybody that disagrees with my opinion on this can go play in their sandbox. We are 2-5 in our last seven. Limping in. Karma will finish the Chiefs off this year.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    What an embarrassment. Sitting your starters is an embarrassment. Andy Reid should apologize to the entire league. It would serve us right if we met the Bolts in the playoffs and they kicked our as*es. A game is never meaningless, and to play it that way is BS. Steelers fans should despise the Chiefs for a long time. They had an amazing turnaround this year and the Chiefs ruined it for them, and we let the hated Bolts prance right into the playoffs. I am so pis*ed off right now, and anybody that disagrees with my opinion on this can go play in their sandbox. We are 2-5 in our last seven. Limping in. Karma will finish the Chiefs off this year.
    With all due respect, NJChiefs, this is pure cow-droppings. The Chiefs don't owe the Steelers an apology. The refs and the NFL do. The Chiefs did their very best to win and should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Oh and fyi..if we don't start pressure the qb and jamming frikin receivers we will be out first rd!!!
    At least you stayed true to form!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also, The Chiefs should make decisions based on what is good for them, not for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Ok I'm the one of the hardest people on the chiefs here..because I've been a fan for I over 40 yrs and am sick of losing for any reason. But I will make my best opinion of the last 7 games. Denver game 1 WR got kinda hosed by refs but played good aside from qb pressure (that's been gone fir 7 games). Sd again we got hosed by refs!! Period!! We played well. Denver again we Shi und have won refs hosed us. Period!!
    Raiders..well it's the raiders. Indy we were already in and we played vanilla I'm sure probably on purpose since we're were Gonna play them first rd. Chargers with almost all backups we got screwed before ot and in ot!!@! Fact!!!!!
    Now for the Steelers. No team that needs 4 other teams to lose in the last game to get in...doesn't deserve to get in.. period!@ esp. With a alleged rapist at qb!!! If NFL Iraq refs were fair we would have 2 loses on season bad I'm ok with the way I feel.
    Succop makes the kick......

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

I'd have still wanted the penalty called so we could refuse it. We see "non-calls" all the time, but this one was one of the largest piles of fresh steaming bull feces I have ever seen.

You seem to be missing the point, Doobs, and there are several:

1) It was most likely the illegal formation that caused Succup to miss the FG in the first place. How many others has he missed from 41 yds or less?

2) Of course we wouldn't care about the call if he had made the kick because we would have declined the penalty and won the game, but because the kick was missed (because the formation was illegal) a penalty should have been called that would have set up another try from 36 yds. How many FGs has Succup missed from that distance?

3) The timing and nature of the call directly changed the outcome of the game letting a team into the playoffs that didn't earn the right to be there and keeping out a team that (thanks to league parity/mediocrity) did.

4) This wasn't a judgment call. It wasn't a "did the ball touch the ground," "did he have both feet inbounds," or "where was the ball when his knee touched the ground" type of call. (All of those are review-able, by the way; why isn't this?) On every play an official counts the number of players on the line of scrimmage and the number of players each team has on the field. This was "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... blow the whistle and throw the flag."

5) The Chargers broke the rules. Calling a penalty was the right thing to do.

I know the concept of moral absolutes and black and white, right or wrong is outdated. (C'mon, it's just a game, right?) But contrary to what today's young people, especially the "legalize pot" subculture, would have you believe, rules are not made to be broken. They are made to be followed. (or changed if you disagree with them). That is why, in football and in real life, breaking the rules result in a penalty, a fine, or a sentence. This allows everyone to compete on a level playing field and reap the rewards of their hard work. The Chiefs worked hard to put themselves in a position to win the game and they had a right according to the rules​ to rekick that field goal. the chance to earn that win outright was denied them because the rule wasn't enforced. If rules are not enforced consistently and uniformly then it becomes difficult for teams to follow them because they don't know what is allowed and what isn't. It also undermines the integrity of the game because, rightly or wrongly, it gives the impression that officials are intentionally enforcing or not enforcing the rules at their discretion in order to give one team an unfair competitive advantage over another. This in turn undermines the credibility of the game.

Then again, look how popular professional wrestling is. Maybe you don't care about the credibility of the game ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Yeah, and if we had only thrown more TDs, or gotten a pick-six, etc. etc.

The reality is that The Chargers got away with cheating. And that the refs' blunders affected the outcome of the game, thus, the team that will play in the AFC six seed for the playoffs.

Simply saying "You still had plenty of chances" does not change that the refs' mistakes gave an unfair advantage (a HUGE one at that) to The Chargers.
    Last edited by chief31; 12-31-2013 at 12:35 AM.

First off I'm going to really try hard not to let my hate of this creature you have shown get in the way of my post It will take some work but I'll try

Moving on

In some ways I agree with you 100% If Succop makes that kick I doubt anyone really notices it. Or it's even mentioned. I don't think it had anything to do with succop missing. I myself wasn't in an uproar about that call. Then one in OT however still happened. The Chiefs DID make the play to win the game and it was taken from them. You could say that if Succop had made the kick that never would have happened and sure you would be right. But one teams mistakes don't get the refs a hall pass. The Chiefs did win this game. The Refs took it off the board. It happened. At least it wasn't a playoff game.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

All of the defense on that kick were lined up to Succup's left he kicked it right to try to avoid the block it directly affected the kick. That rule is in place for a reason. What would have happened if the chiefs put that many lineman over there to cover those 7? You think for one second we wouldn't have been hit with a penalty? Total BS just happy our season was unaffected by it

You know I think I heard someone else on the floor of the senate say "What difference at this point does it make?" when being asked about 4 dead Americans in Benghazi, so your nobody cares is in the same boat. There a lot of fans in Pittsburgh, Southern California and bookies that care. Rules are rules and they are supposed to be followed.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast