Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99

Thread: Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans


    1 Not allowed!
    What an embarrassment. Sitting your starters is an embarrassment. Andy Reid should apologize to the entire league. It would serve us right if we met the Bolts in the playoffs and they kicked our as*es. A game is never meaningless, and to play it that way is BS. Steelers fans should despise the Chiefs for a long time. They had an amazing turnaround this year and the Chiefs ruined it for them, and we let the hated Bolts prance right into the playoffs. I am so pis*ed off right now, and anybody that disagrees with my opinion on this can go play in their sandbox. We are 2-5 in our last seven. Limping in. Karma will finish the Chiefs off this year.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    WTF is wrong with everybody? Yeah......we lost a game that our 2cond string played. And yeah.....some of us think playing the second string was a mistake and some of us think it was the right thing to do. But why in fu*k are we playing piranha?

    Last time I checked we had a playoff game to play next week and instead of calling each other and Andy Reid asholes I figure we should be pretty damned happy we are playing next week.


    Hey Connecticut! I'm just having a little fun getting a charge (no pun intended) out of these guys :)

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    320
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Your post came up on my Facebook feed, so I checked it out, I just couldn't understand how somebody could be mad at watching our bench go toe to toe in a meaningful game... At least for the other team. That annoyed me more than the loss. So I felt like I had to say something.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,898
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 402

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    WTF is wrong with everybody? Yeah......we lost a game that our 2cond string played. And yeah.....some of us think playing the second string was a mistake and some of us think it was the right thing to do. But why in fu*k are we playing piranha?

    Last time I checked we had a playoff game to play next week and instead of calling each other and Andy Reid asholes I figure we should be pretty damned happy we are playing next week.
    ...This. Everyone needs to take a step back, take some deep breaths and calm down. Regardless of how we end the season we are headed in the right direction. Take a moment and reflect on what your reasonable expectations were of this team at the start of the season and then ask yourself exactly how disappointed you should be with this team overall at this point in the season. Sure I'm disappointed with the loss but our backups held their own against their starters. I simply cannot be upset with their performance today despite the loss in OT.


  5. #34
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    OK. So if this was your initial reply, instead of simply "you are pathetic" perhaps I wouldn't have assumed that you were a neanderthal. You make a lot of good points. Mine would be that teams get better towards the end of the season because they are playing MORE football. I don't think that statistics support the argument that a weeks rest improves your team's chances of winning the next game, particularly in this situation. Correct me if I am wrong. Now if we had played a stellar game last week, perhaps my thinking would be different. And why do you assume that I don't like people who make a lot of money? That seems somewhat random and silly.

    Not random. In another thread you stated that players that make a bajillion dollars (paraphrasing) and don't play are ...... I have never heard anyone who is a free market advocate mention that salaries folks make are too high. They understand it is the market and revenue that determines salary. I have heard others who "hate the rich" say such things...

    If you wouldn't have started your post with the Chiefs being an embarrassment and calling their "overpaid" players in your post I may have responded differently.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 12-29-2013 at 11:21 PM.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...This. Everyone needs to take a step back, take some deep breaths and calm down. Regardless of how we end the season we are headed in the right direction. Take a moment and reflect on what your reasonable expectations were of this team at the start of the season and then ask yourself exactly how disappointed you should be with this team overall at this point in the season. Sure I'm disappointed with the loss but our backups held their own against their starters. I simply cannot be upset with their performance today despite the loss in OT.
    Well said...

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 516

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm proud of our backups, they played very well against a good Charger team taking them right down to the wire. We gave the Bolts all they could handle today.
    THIS.

    Can't believe some of the posts I'm seeing. The sky is NOT falling. If anything a trip to the playoffs is Reid/Dorsey's way of knocking on the door, win or lose. Our BACKUPS lost by only 3 points in OT...It's not like we suffered a 49-0 blowout.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    My Man Hali?...welcome back...

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaChief View Post
    Not random. In another thread you stated that players that make a bajillion dollars (paraphrasing) and don't play are pu$$ies... I have never heard anyone who is a free market advocate mention that salaries folks make are too high. They understand it is the market and revenue that determines salary. I have heard others who "hate the rich" say such things...

    If you wouldn't have started your post with the Chiefs being an embarrassment and calling their "overpaid" players in your post I may have responded differently.
    I do believe that those those that pay the salaries (and yes we as fans effectively pay their salaries) have the right to expect to see them play. I don't have any "meaningless" workdays, and if you do, well good for you. I don't put these players or coaches on a pedestal as you seem to. They play a game for our entertainment. They command a great salary which is fine, but as such, we are entitled to criticize them as we so choose. If it offends you, I apologize. Not intended. As I said, my initial posts were impulsive. I get po'd when my Chiefs lose as do you. We just respond differently. So now please layoff the insults or this wil never end ... Until the moderator cans it.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 12-29-2013 at 11:20 PM.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,803
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 678

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    You sound about as smart as that Dempsey guy who said it was time for Brandon flowers to get traded a few weeks ago... Ahem, pro bowler Brandon flowers...
    I was not the one that originally suggested Flowers be traded, but at the time Flowers was struggling in the slot & was getting torched. And it's laughable that your foolish enough to put any stock in the Pro Bowl selections, seeing as how your grandma could get elected to the Pro Bowl under the current voting system. Don't believe me? How is it that Flowers could get in despite a sub-par season and Derrick Johnson didn't get in in spite of having a better season than last year when DJ was selected to the Pro Bowl.

    Therefore, your statement is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Your post came up on my Facebook feed, so I checked it out, I just couldn't understand how somebody could be mad at watching our bench go toe to toe in a meaningful game... At least for the other team. That annoyed me more than the loss. So I felt like I had to say something.
    Facebook? Ouch. Sorry. Who knew?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Steeler Fan Here!
    By J.OTSTOTT in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 12:50 AM
  2. Steeler Harrison's pit bull attacks young son
    By -Scar- in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 03:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •