Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did Andy Reid call a time out with 4 seconds left in game?

Default Why did Andy Reid call a time out with 4 seconds left in game?

He asked if they could review the missed FG attempt. He knew there was 7 Chargers to the right of the center on the line of scrimmage. This is illegal as of the rule change in 2013 and a flag should have been thrown and a second attempt made at the game winning field goal.

Can someone post a pic right before the snap.... I can't until later when I get back home.

Yet another utterly cosmic FAIL by the Zebras.

It'll be interesting to see if the NFL will admit that the zebras screwed up. While the "no call" didn't really hurt our Chiefs all that much, it kept the Steelers from making the playoffs and that is a pretty dramatic screw-up by the zebras. One of many this year. Some zebra needs to be fired. It was a truly odd-looking formation and the zebra should have seen the penalty easily because the odd-looking formation should have caught his eye and made him count. The fact that he didn't flat out PROVES that the zebra who is responsible for the line of scrimmage just flat out didn't know the rules. Time for the moron to lose his job.

Here is the photo and I can see something does not look right by looking at the left side and there are two refs right behind the Chargers. Oh yes they admitted they made a mistake already. They ought to start fining the refs that blow calls like this.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Here is the photo and I can see something does not look right by looking at the left side and there are two refs right behind the Chargers. Oh yes they admitted they made a mistake already. They ought to start fining the refs that blow calls like this.

Nope. Can't agree. The Zebra on the right in the picture is 4 1/2 yards (13 1/2 feet) from the illegal formation. He is staring right at it. And he didn't throw a flag. This is proof that this idiot didn't even bother to read any of the memos or training manuals about the new rule. That is gross derilection of duty. HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED! And it needs to be done in a VERY PUBLIC manner. All zebras need to get the message that if you are a lazy, moronic idiot you lose your job.

Doesn't happen to the chiefs, not a word about refs

happens to the chiefs "FIRE THEM!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

Actually, in some other forums I have said that bad calls in other games needed the zebras to be disciplined. Haven't mentioned it here as it has not affected the Chiefs. But this wasn't a judgement call. This wasn't a close call. This was flat out a stupid f'ing zebra either not doing his job or not knowing the new rule. In either case he needs to be FIRED! The zebras have been TERRIBLE this year. How many Mondays has the NFL admitted a blown call this year? Got to be at least 4 or 5 and maybe more. This time it affected who got in the playoffs. If the NFL wants to be viewed as more credible than professional wrestling they need to fix their zebra problem. AND THEY NEED TO DO IT NOW!!!!!! If they don't they are going to kill the goose that is laying the golden eggs.

great

NFL admits error not calling a penalty on Kansas City missed field goal at end of regulation

The Chargers lined up with seven men on the line of scrimmage to one side of the snapper. That's a penalty, or at least it should be. It's very fortunate for San Diego that the officials never caught it, or the Chargers coaching staff would have been rightfully ripped for the players lining up in an illegal way on a key play.

includes vid and photo

Yahoo
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

I agree with ctchiefsfan and share his sentiment here. I see your point, but we are Chiefs fans and most of us barely have the time to watch many games involving other teams. Therefore, naturally, when these things are brought up it's regarding the Chiefs.

I for one would have had the same sentiment if I were watching this travesty in a game between two other teams.

Understandable, just saying, refs have been pretty bad all year (that titans game was bad) but once it cost a team a game thats when the fans get upset, just be happy wasn't a call that affected much (going into the playoffs with 11 wins now instead of 12)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast