Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

Default Chiefs should apologize to Steeler's fans

What an embarrassment. Sitting your starters is an embarrassment. Andy Reid should apologize to the entire league. It would serve us right if we met the Bolts in the playoffs and they kicked our as*es. A game is never meaningless, and to play it that way is BS. Steelers fans should despise the Chiefs for a long time. They had an amazing turnaround this year and the Chiefs ruined it for them, and we let the hated Bolts prance right into the playoffs. I am so pis*ed off right now, and anybody that disagrees with my opinion on this can go play in their sandbox. We are 2-5 in our last seven. Limping in. Karma will finish the Chiefs off this year.
    Last edited by NJChiefs; 12-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaChief View Post
    Please become a Steelers fan or some other teams fan... You are pathetic.
    Good point. Thanks for your insightful comments.

And what if our 2nd and 3rd string players pulled this win off?? What would you have said then?

Jersey.....

I hear where you are coming from and I am NOT happy either. I'm a firm believer in going into the playoffs on a high note, ESPECIALLY if you are going in as a wildcard.....and we sure as hell aren't doing that. I think making 4 of our 8 pro-bowlers inactive for this game was a mistake. They should have at least been available.

That said, I am not going to hate on Andy Reid. 2-14 to 11-5 and a playoff berth is DAMNED IMPRESSIVE. And when everything is said and done, we are still in the playoffs.....thought to be honest I'm not feeling all that good about our first round game against the colts. To go anywhere in the playoffs, wildcard teams generally need to be on a roll at the end of the season and we surely aren't.

But I am giving Reid a pass on this decision that I don't agree with. He has just done too much right this season to crucify him for what I agree are some mistakes in the last couple of weeks.

And I am giving a pass to Succup too. He sure did suck it up today, but he is a damned good kicker and as mad as I am at him how can I get too mad at him for blowing a FG in a game that Reid had already made clear he didn't care about?

Reid and Succup screwed the pooch today and probably screwed our chances in the playoffs, but no......I'm not ready for a firing squad. Both Andy Reid and Succup have earned themselves a lot of "second chances".

You sound about as smart as that Dempsey guy who said it was time for Brandon flowers to get traded a few weeks ago... Ahem, pro bowler Brandon flowers...

I'm proud of our backups, they played very well against a good Charger team taking them right down to the wire. We gave the Bolts all they could handle today.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaChief View Post
    Please become a Steelers fan or some other teams fan... You are pathetic.
    HEY! C'mon.....That ain't right. We're all pished off right now, but we shouldn't be telling guys to become fans of another team. That just ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Bottom line is, the Chiefs were a terrible team over the last half of the season. A win today would have boosted pride and confidence
    after last week's debacle, and perhaps increased the feeling that they were deserving of the playoffs. You think Smith is confident going into Indy after last week? Sorry boys. Hate to say it but I smell one and done.
    That's one way to look at today

But don't you think today gave this team some confidence? They went toe to toe with what is now a playoff team with 2 of their 22 starters. Yes last week sucked but that was not the norm. They did things in that game they didn't any of the others. It was a klunker. Many teams have a game like that.

I'm going into next week expecting to be one and done. And you know what I'm ok with that. You want to know why. 2-14 that's why. Teams don't go from 2-14 to superbowl champs. It just doesn't happen. This team has made AMAZING progress this year. I don't care what anyone says about who they've beaten guess what they weren't BEATING ANYONE last year. It's still progress. This team just wasn't going to walk in and all of a sudden become world beaters. They still have holes to fill. But this year has been a great season. One and done or not there's nothing to hang your head about. You can call me a homer or anything you want. But it's just being real. I think we have all come to learn that this isn't a super bowl team right now. But at the end of the day they are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH closer to being a super bowl team then they were at this time last year. We are not going to wake up tomorrow hereing ANTHER coach is gone. We can't ask for anything more then what we've gotten from this team in year one of a new regime coming off a 2-14 year. To ask more is just being unrealistic
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

What are you mad about? Seriously!? We're in the freaking playoffs!!!!! If we come to play next week we have a damn good chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Bottom line is, the Chiefs were a terrible team over the last half of the season. A win today would have boosted pride and confidence
    after last week's debacle, and perhaps increased the feeling that they were deserving of the playoffs. You think Smith is confident going into Indy after last week? Sorry boys. Hate to say it but I smell one and done.
    They were horrible one game, last week against the Colts, all year... They played the Broncos tough twice, and lost to the Chargers the first time after Hali and Houston went out. Today was back ups and they played very well. Rarely is a 5th seed locked in at the start of week 17. It was prudent to sit the starters. If you are the 1 or 2 seed you may have an argument, sitting them for two weeks... We looked tired and worn out against the colts, I hope this remedies it... If the Chiefs lay and egg in INDY you will be right... but I have a feeling you will be proven wrong... I at least have confidence in our team and not a whiny pessimistic, "hate the man", type of fan...

I agree 110% and that is exactly how I feel. Well said coach. Any given Sunday damnit!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast