Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why did Andy Reid call a time out with 4 seconds left in game?

Default Why did Andy Reid call a time out with 4 seconds left in game?

He asked if they could review the missed FG attempt. He knew there was 7 Chargers to the right of the center on the line of scrimmage. This is illegal as of the rule change in 2013 and a flag should have been thrown and a second attempt made at the game winning field goal.

Can someone post a pic right before the snap.... I can't until later when I get back home.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, let's go ahead and entertain the conspiracy theory then.....

It has to be the stupidest attempt at rigging a game..... EVER.

I mean, who waits until the "bad guys are kicking a game-winning FG and then just allows the good guys to do something that has little effect, if any, and which was legal just last season?

It would be ridiculously easy to just throw a couple of holding flags before the "bad guys" ever get close.

Nobody here has never made an obvious mistake. Professional, or not, sometimes we make fools of ourselves.

Again.... ask Jordan, or Montana.
    In business (and I think the NFL is a business) when you make a complete and utter fool of yourself there are CONSEQUENCES and that needs to be the case for the zebras. It's true for the players.....penalties, fines, suspensions. If consequences are appropriate for the players then why shouldn't they be for the zebras???

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Frankenchief just summed it up right there. One zebra making a call, and the other one missing it is one thing. But BOTH ?!?!
    I have seen it a thousand times. Not just refs.

I saw a youtube video where a lift truck operator tipped his truck over due to a mistake/oversight, then an other lift operator arrives and makes the exact same mistake.

I have seen basketball player miss two free throws, then have a teammate miss two more.

The liklihood of this being an oversight by multiple refs, is a million times more likely than some grand conspiracy by way of not calling a penalty on a missed FG.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One problem with this. What if it was the Chargers trying to kick the game-winning FG and the the Chiefs had lined up that way? How do we know that there wouldn't have been flags flying all over place? And how is it that Andy Reid & his coaches from afar can see it ( and I'll bet the Chargers coaches knew it as well ), but TWO refs standing right at point-blank range didn't see it?

And given what happened with that strip-fumble TD ruling that gave the Chargers a 1st down in OT ( and no review from the replay booth? ), does create reasonable suspicion that they didn't just simply overlook what happened on that FG try.

That officiating crew should be banned from ever officiating an NFL game again. They want to conduct themselves like amateurs then let them go officiate at an amateur level and not in the NFL.

19 of 20 times, the penalty is called, regardless of the teams, or the situation.

Although....

The fumble mistake in OT absolutely exacerbates the conspiracy theories.

In my opinion, THAT play is EASILY the more mind-boggling mistake.

Though any anti-Chiefs conspiracy theory, based on this game, are out the window. The Chiefs had nothing to gain, nor lose, in this one.
    Last edited by chief31; 12-31-2013 at 05:10 PM.

the NFL pine tar
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    In business (and I think the NFL is a business) when you make a complete and utter fool of yourself there are CONSEQUENCES and that needs to be the case for the zebras. It's true for the players.....penalties, fines, suspensions. If consequences are appropriate for the players then why shouldn't they be for the zebras???
    I said nothing to that effect. I feel that there should, without a doubt, be consequences for such big mistakes.

I simply refute the conspiracy theories presented.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I said nothing to that effect. I feel that there should, without a doubt, be consequences for such big mistakes.

I simply refute the conspiracy theories presented.
    It is not about conspiracy theories. It's about ELIMINATING conspiracy theories! As long as the grotesquely incompetent officiating goes on, the conspiracy theories will breed like rats!!!! Hold the zebras responsible in the form of fines, suspensions and loss of job and the conspiracy theories will go away. But as long as there is no accountability whatsoever for the zebras then the conspiracy theories will run RAMPANT!!!!!

We the fans have to restore respectability to the NFL by forcing the NFL to hold zebras responsible for their actions. If we don't, then the NFL will be come like professional wrestling.

Which side are you on? FORCING responsibility on the zebras or the status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    It is not about conspiracy theories. It's about ELIMINATING conspiracy theories! As long as the grotesquely incompetent officiating goes on, the conspiracy theories will breed like rats!!!! Hold the zebras responsible in the form of fines, suspensions and loss of job and the conspiracy theories will go away. But as long as there is no accountability whatsoever for the zebras then the conspiracy theories will run RAMPANT!!!!!

We the fans have to restore respectability to the NFL by forcing the NFL to hold zebras responsible for their actions. If we don't, then the NFL will be come like professional wrestling.

Which side are you on? FORCING responsibility on the zebras or the status quo?
    A) I am 100% certain that you just quoted my response to your last question. Why would you quote me saying I agree with that, then ask me if I do?

B) The reason I responded to you was because you asserted that therr were only three possible reasons for the non-call, that being the refs didn't know the rule, (obviously not) and the other two options being conspiracy theories. So...... yes, for my part in the discussion, it is all about the conspiracy theories.

However, I do disagree with the degree of incompetence.

You seem to be suggesting that such mistakes are impossible, wothout motive.... I disagree.
    Last edited by chief31; 01-01-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Bill Levy giveth And Bill Leavy taketh away

this is the moron and his crew who did our game Sunday. and he's got a bad record. costing teams wins in the past. even admitting he's screwed up and didn't totally understand the rules of the game. why are these dipwads around ?? is the NFL really this hard up???

NFL Referee Bill Leavy Should Never Officiate Again (archive 2012)

Bill Leavy is the NFL referee who admitted to blowing a call in the 2006 Superbowl that cost the Seattle Seahawks the game. Yesterday in Green Bay, Leavy didn’t just blow one call, he blew three, and all were against the New York Giants. Bill Leavy should never officiate another NFL game. The league has to step up and fire this man immediately.

story
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

As much as I agree with you about Leavy, and yes this game against SD was the 2cond or 3rd time THIS YEAR that the NFL has had to admit that Leavy and his crew blew a call, getting rid of Leavy is NOT ENOUGH. There needs to be an NFL policy that provides for fines, suspensions and firing for zebras that blow calls. The NFL must institute a system that holds zebras accountable. This is not just a Leavy problem. It is an NFL problem and the NFL needs to address it immediately.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234