Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Rules of the site and words used!

Default Rules of the site and words used!

There is a lot of strong language being used in many threads. I do not go back to work until Jan 6th. I have time and can go thru threads and issue infractions. But I will chose to not do that, if you all clean up your posts, from here on. Review the Rules, you have a problem with the rules, send your complaint to Coach directly. The rules of the site stand, the reason we have them is still the same. Yes the filters work, but some of us are typing around the filters. I think we all need a reminder, intent of use is also breaking the rules.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 12-30-2013 at 12:05 AM.

I find the rules slightly chafing, but it's been several years since I got in a fight with a Raiders fan and got a WARNING so I seem to be able to live with them. :)

I was banned for saying the GD word. Lesson learned. I'm not much of one to use bad language, but I was stunned when I was told about it. The Mod was cool about it so no ill-feelings. This is the only KC Chiefs forum I visit, some are simply out of control. A lot of good people here.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    I was banned for saying the GD word. Lesson learned. I'm not much of one to use bad language, but I was stunned when I was told about it. The Mod was cool about it so no ill-feelings. This is the only KC Chiefs forum I visit, some are simply out of control. A lot of good people here.
    Sorry you got banned KCMASS! A little surprised too since my only "language infraction" was a "warning" and it was for a worse violation than yours. Maybe the Mod in question cut me a break since I was clearly being provoked by a Raiders fan. :) I tend to cuss a bit more than I should, but I have learned that this site and a non-football board I frequent are generally pretty tolerant of mild cussing (hell....damn) and will also tolerate more profane words if you are creative in disguising the bad words as perfectly acceptable words (ship...fudge).

While I cuss in everyday life I actually prefer bulletin boards that only permit very mild cussing. Somehow the same words I use in everyday life seem a bit more offensive when they are typed than when spoken.

CT. As I recall, another member pointed out my language & forced the mods hand. Kind of silly really. I guess he's very religious. I took my lump & moved forward. The mod was cool with you as you were be baited. Never understood why some people come into other teams forums to stir the pot. Something a child would do. This is a class forum & I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    CT. As I recall, another member pointed out my language & forced the mods hand. Kind of silly really. I guess he's very religious. I took my lump & moved forward. The mod was cool with you as you were be baited. Never understood why some people come into other teams forums to stir the pot. Something a child would do. This is a class forum & I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.
    Got that right. We can all have our opinions and even have disagreements and still be civil. Kind of unusual on online forums.

I actually don't mind fans of other teams coming here. Wish more of them would. They just need to be polite and not constantly trying to stir the pot. When TG was traded to Atlanta I went on a Falcons Forum and wished them well, asked them to take good care of TG and said I hoped they would get him to a Super Bowl. We've actually had an Eagles fan or two come on here and say nice things about Reid. A few 49'ers fans stopped in and complimented us on getting Smith. Just when people go to another team's forum they need to be polite.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Got that right. We can all have our opinions and even have disagreements and still be civil. Kind of unusual on online forums.

I actually don't mind fans of other teams coming here. Wish more of them would. They just need to be polite and not constantly trying to stir the pot. When TG was traded to Atlanta I went on a Falcons Forum and wished them well, asked them to take good care of TG and said I hoped they would get him to a Super Bowl. We've actually had an Eagles fan or two come on here and say nice things about Reid. A few 49'ers fans stopped in and complimented us on getting Smith. Just when people go to another team's forum they need to be polite.
    Exactly, I think most all "regulars" here can disagree without being disagreeable.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567