Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Javon Belcher’s mother sues the Chiefs

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Javon Belcher’s mother sues the Chiefs

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    As the proposed settlement of the massive concussion lawsuit continues to sputter through the judicial system, another former NFL player has formally initiated a civil action. According to the Kansas City Star, the estate of linebacker Jovan Belcher has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the Chiefs. The lawsuit, submitted by Belcher’s mother, contends that Belcher… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    By Mike Florio
    As the proposed settlement of the massive concussion lawsuit continues to sputter through the judicial system, another former NFL player has formally initiated a civil action. According to the Kansas City Star, the estate of linebacker Jovan Belcher has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the Chiefs. The lawsuit, submitted by Belcher’s mother, contends that Belcher… Read more…
    Where were all those murder/ suicides in the 30's through 90's when concussions were more frequent and often... Just an excuse.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 115

0 Not allowed!
    Eh, dude was a murderer, i dont know if his mom is looking for $$$$$$$ for herself but if anything the money should go to raising his daughter and that's it

Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

0 Not allowed!
    What? They didn't tell him he might hurt his head playing football? I wonder what they thought THE HELMET was for.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder if it is in his contract that he can get hurt... sorry, but this is just a poor excuse for Belcher's mom to try to get money from the Chiefs.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

0 Not allowed!
    Can anybody explain to me how someone with a college education could be unaware that repeatedly using your body as a battering ram will cause long term harm? To suggest that players don't know the risks and accept them willingly is like suggesting that someone who starts smoking cigarettes today doesn't know the risks. Every player in the NFL knows the risks and that has been true for a long time.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 69

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe Belcher's daughter should sue grandma for not raising her son to be a more stable person.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 12

1 Not allowed!
    I had two bad concussions falling off different bikes when I was a kid. So I guess Schwinn and Huffy had better hope I never go postal.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know what Jury will side with her. Yes most people would likely stick it to the company with pockets, but this guy killed his girlfriend, after cheating on her, then killed himself once the cops showed up at Arrowhead.

His mother lost custody to his daughter, in which she then exumed his body a full year later to test for CTE just so she can sue the Chiefs. I hope the Chiefs don't settle with her and fight this money hungry excuse of a mother.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 115

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Can anybody explain to me how someone with a college education could be unaware that repeatedly using your body as a battering ram will cause long term harm? To suggest that players don't know the risks and accept them willingly is like suggesting that someone who starts smoking cigarettes today doesn't know the risks. Every player in the NFL knows the risks and that has been true for a long time.
    Because they don't earn that degree and take classes that ask "which of these is different from the others; Cat, Dog, Bird, Boat?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast