Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Latest 1st round mock

Default Latest 1st round mock

24. Kansas City Chiefs: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
    The upside Benjamin possesses is unequal in next year's draft. He's a massive wide receiver at 6'5 and more than 230 pounds and can make spectacular catches look routine.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/12/30/ 5255782/2014-nfl-mock-draft-jadeveon-clowney-johnn y-manziel-bridgewater

I guess I'm gonna have to watch the NCAA championship game now.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The thing we need more than a WR is a better WR coach. Mistakes like route running that are made repeatedly are a coaching issue. Even if we send Bowe away and get new WRs, they aren't going to be corrected. Trade or not, hopefully Reid is not too loyal to whomever is the WR coach (he has a history of being too loyal) and we see a change in that department.
    It seems there are a few routes that you see with other teams that Chiefs don't run. How many times have you seen a simple come-back route run by us. That last 4th down pass yesterday that Bowe caught outside the line would have been a 1st down if they had designed it as a come-back route inbounds. Coaching?

Wish list:
    Smart d coordinator..db coach. Corner, WR, FS in those orders Free agency or draft I don't care!!!!

Just saw that Notre Dame DE Stephon Tuitt 6-6 312 lbs. and can attack the QB, is foregoing his senior year and entering the draft.

Would be a good pickup for the Chiefs. How many 3-4 DE's do the Chiefs have that can attack the QB the way Neil Smith and Bill Maas could playing under Bill Cowher, when Cowher was the Chiefs DC? None that I can see. I'm aware of the need for DB's, but Dorsey/Reid will most likely take pass-rushers with the top draft pick. They'll get DB's elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Just saw that Notre Dame DE Stephon Tuitt 6-6 312 lbs. and can attack the QB, is foregoing his senior year and entering the draft.

Would be a good pickup for the Chiefs. How many 3-4 DE's do the Chiefs have that can attack the QB the way Neil Smith and Bill Maas could playing under Bill Cowher, when Cowher was the Chiefs DC? None that I can see. I'm aware of the need for DB's, but Dorsey/Reid will most likely take pass-rushers with the top draft pick. They'll get DB's elsewhere.
    Are we sure we are staying with 34 long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Are we sure we are staying with 34 long term?
    Tuitt can play in either a 3-4 or 4-3. He's very talented & the Chiefs do need D-Lineman that can attack the QB.

Don't know whether or not they stay with 3-4 or switch to 4-3.

One thing I have noticed with people asking if we switch defensive fronts, is that I hardly ever see us in an actual 3-4. Most of the time I have seen us in a 2DL (Poe and TJ/Devito) with 3LB (+a safety) or 4 LBs depending on the situation. A lot of times we have 5-6 DBs on the field at a time.

That having been said, it wouldn't be too hard for us to "switch" to a 4-3. Houston may be a little light for a DE, so I would keep him at OLB, but we could easily put Hali at end and leave Poe + someone else on the interior. We would need to find an OLB and someone to play DE though, as I don't see anyone on our roster that could hold down those positions as starters.

I'm not advocating for either one, just mentioning the possibilities.

It's not a matter of just moving Houston to 4-3 OLB, it's a completely new position for him

I've posted this vid in another thread & will post it again. This is the type of 3-4 DE that the Chiefs don't have, but desperately need to elevate their defense and Stephon Tuitt has this type of potential & if he's there at #24 the Chiefs have to strongly consider him.

Draft

#1-priority......MLB, w/o Question....Solution:Kahlil Mack, Pozluzzny out of FA.....only way to make this happen is $ and or trade with TB.

#2-Next best solution M.Evans or Watkins if he falls (again both involve somehow trading up in vicinity of T.Bay

#3-more realistically,.....but just content Calvin Pryor .....just have to get above Philli somehow, may swap in picks and McLain for??????

4-Best of the rest, Ebron, Ammaro, Benjamin,Tuitt....

obviously these guys are all great talents , but if I could have my wishes come true ANY of the first 3 scenarios would improve our team dramatically. , even the 4th......Anyone have a thought on "Skov out of Stanford or the kid out of Florida? Berry has to have someone to help him in the middle of the field if we expect to go "deep in this thing" like Alex said.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizz View Post
    Draft

#1-priority......MLB, w/o Question
    Umm ... MLB as the top priority? Are we watching the same team? DJ is by far one of THE best MLBs in the league. In the games I saw, we rarely ran 2 MLBs except on obvious running downs. And that wasn't a weakness at all for us. In defense we have to improve the consistency of the pass rush and improve the secondary (probably free safety).

on offense we need to improve the WR corps and maybe depth across the board (TE, RB, OL, WR). Honestly, I would be fine with leaving the O how it is and focusing on the defense, but MLB is not somewhere we need to focus on.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast