Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

Default The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

So here we are again. In the playoffs. And like 3 of our last 5 playoff games this one is against the colts. It has been almost 20 years since we last won a playoff game.

So what do y'all think is going to happen? Don't homer it up. Say what you really think.

My feeling is that getting this win is going to be very tough. We have never beaten the colts in the playoffs. So I think it will be very tough to win this game. If we do though I think we have a very good chance of going all the way.

Now that I'm over my tantrum from Sunday (sorry about that) and can think objectively, I'll predict we can squeeze out a vicory IF we can combine the better efforts of our defense from the first half and the offense from the second half. Specifically we need to rattle Luck hard and early. We have had trouble with smart drop back QBs who use the pocket well and can get rid of the ball quickly, ie: Manning, Rivers and Luck. So they need a superb game by the secondary, to neutralize Mathis and get to Luck before his second option, of which they have a much better shot now with Houston back (I'm so glad they rested him last week :) JC needs more touches than he had two weeks ago, and Smith can not have an int and two fumbles again. Simply put, this team relies on turnovers so I'll go out on a limb and say that regardless of any of the above happening, if we win the turnover differential we win the game. Go Chiefs!

If we can run early and use clock this will set up play action and run blitz screens. This should allow us to keep the defense fresh and put pressure on Luck. It will be a nail biter, Chiefs win 21-17.

here is what i think, we haven't beaten any good teams this year nor haS denvr. the chuggers should never have won last week and we gave them the last game too. what does all this mean.....cincy will roll over sd, i don't expect us to beat indy, and whoever goes to denvr, except maybe the pats, the broncs go down. now out of all the scenarios this is probably the best for us. we played poorly against the colts w/o a healthy D. we had an extra week really to prepare while the colts don't really plan on changing what worked on us last time, Big Red will be looking to fix the leaky boat and thro some new stuff at 'em. so we got a chance, if we don't turn the ball over and either get pressure on luck or just get a little luck ourselves...........then we may pull this one out. should that happen, next stop denvr and that should be a CHIEFS victory for sure.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Chiefs roll the Colts no homer bs, the Colts are garbage and Andy let off the gas in KC.

Homer in me says we go all the way. But here is how i look at it. The Chiefs are a slightly above average team with luck going their way 75% of the time. The Chargers are a Good team with luck going their way 25% of the time. The Bronco's are an excellent team with 0% luck. The Colts are an above average team with only 50% luck.

I think we win in Indy. In fact i would lay money that we blow them up.

Most likely we play Denver next. I think these guys really want to win this time. It will be cold. Jamal wins this time.

Now its on to either Cincy or Pats. At this point if were healthier than them (as we tend to be) I say we win.

A lot of good points here. The idea I find the most intriguing is that Reid deliberately took it easy in the first colts game. If this is true, it means that Reid had already decided that our chances of winning the division were slim and that he was willing to almost deliberately give up the last 2 games in order to gain a strategic advantage against our most likely playoff opponent--the colts. Don't know if I really buy into it, but the idea that in week 16 and 17 Reid was already manoeuvering to get advantages for the playoffs is interesting.

This season has been a really good season so far...But I think if Reid & Dorsey want to make a statement, they must win a playoff game. It would mean a LOT to KC. That would make it a great season. Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

Absolutely. If in his first year Reid could take us from 2-14 to a playoff win and break our 20 year curse he would be the toast of Chiefs fans everywhere. If we can get that first playoff win I think we will be a real handful for anyone else we play.

Being Born in KC MO. I need to be shown it before I believe it. I have never seen us beat the Colts in the play offs. While I think we can win this game. I am skeptical given how our defense has played the last couple of weeks. Evern after jumping out to a lead against San Diego and Denver only to lose it later in the game. I still have doubts on this team playing a complete game.

I don't want to get myself believing we should win because history has told me different and it will be less painful expecting a loss, but even more glorious if we win. So for now, I am hoping for a win, but I am happy with the turn around this team has made and look forward to next year when we have more time to fix holes. Regardless of the schedule we played. We beat the team we should have and actually raised the bar to expecting to beat the average teams and competing with play off teams.

Lose by 13. We can't pass rush or cover receivers off the line

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast