Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

Default The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

So here we are again. In the playoffs. And like 3 of our last 5 playoff games this one is against the colts. It has been almost 20 years since we last won a playoff game.

So what do y'all think is going to happen? Don't homer it up. Say what you really think.

My feeling is that getting this win is going to be very tough. We have never beaten the colts in the playoffs. So I think it will be very tough to win this game. If we do though I think we have a very good chance of going all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    It's certainly tough to get pressure on a QB that gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less. No doubt. Coverage has to give him no place to throw the ball for the first 2-3 seconds. But if the coverage makes him hold onto the ball past about 2 seconds then the pass rush can get to him. We CAN get to Luck.
    and just for "Luck"

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

The DB's have to get better at the LOS and jam the receivers. If short timing patterns are the way offenses are going to attack the defense, you have to be able to disrupt the timing and get help from the safeties over the top in case a WR gets off the line without any disruption. The best way to combat that kind of offense is with a man under defense with a pair of safeties over the top. But that defensive front needs to get to the QB quickly.

I don't think showing your hand to a team you may have to face in a couple weeks is a reasons to not try to win a game. Especially when the division was still kinda up for grabs at that point. It's not like the Colts can't look at game film from the previous 14 games and figure out what we do offensively. We played a pretty crappy game vs the Colts last time. I hope can keep it close and have a chance at the end.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

In the poll thread I picked us to get to the AFC Championship Game, so obviously I think we are going to beat the Colts. When we played them last time we turned the ball over 4 times. That is very unusual for the Chiefs and I don't see that happening again in perfect conditions in a dome.

The Colts are ranked 25th in the NFL against the run and we have Jamaal Charles on our side. It seems like a "no brainer" to get the ball to him early and often. Our offense can really help out our defense by staying on the field and methodically moving the chains. Take some shots downfield periodically to keep their defense honest but this is the perfect scenerio for our patented "dink & dunk" offense. If we can convert on 3rd downs, we will win the game.

"Keep matriculating the ball down the field."

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    In the poll thread I picked us to get to the AFC Championship Game, so obviously I think we are going to beat the Colts. When we played them last time we turned the ball over 4 times. That is very unusual for the Chiefs and I don't see that happening again in perfect conditions in a dome.

The Colts are ranked 25th in the NFL against the run and we have Jamaal Charles on our side. It seems like a "no brainer" to get the ball to him early and often. Our offense can really help out our defense by staying on the field and methodically moving the chains. Take some shots downfield periodically to keep their defense honest but this is the perfect scenerio for our patented "dink & dunk" offense. If we can convert on 3rd downs, we will win the game.

"Keep matriculating the ball down the field."

Love that video dude!

I think it comes down to essentially who comes out and blows it. Who commits the unsightly, ill timed penalties. Who coughs the ball up at just the wrong moment.

Despite a 23-7 scoreboard 2 weeks ago at arrowhead, the chiefs were still in that game right up into the 4th quarter. despite shooting themselves in the foot, arm, and face, they were mounting momentum and were pushing the ball downfield pretty well. INT's and Fumbles sealed that up pretty quickly though.

How is our defense going to play? It seems unrecognizable the defensive effort pre vs post bye. Were all the nfc east/afc south teams really that bad? Save Eric Berry, our secondary hasnt had much of any noticeable impact on disruptions or turnovers, or hell even the basics like tackling. We've gone from seeing a team centric effort on a cohesive 'defensive unit' turn into individual detractions that stick out like a very sore thumb in players like kendrick lewis. Have we learned how to defend against the 'nearly illegal' pic plays? Can any of our pass rushers actually CATCH andrew luck when he starts to scramble? Can they get any pressure or turnovers at all?

Last meeting, our D didnt show up until it was too late, and our O "****ed it up" which goes against pretty much everything they had going for their early season success.

im really hoping that i dont have to go longer than 20 ****ing years for a post season win, that would be about as pathetic as it gets.

What we're seeing in the defensive secondary is what I worried about when they made the trade for Sherman. Arenas was a very good nickel CB who could cover slot receivers and trading him away was very likely going to hurt. Now that they've had to move Flowers to that spot, guys like Smith and Cooper are getting exposed on the outside. I think this defense would've been much better off with Flowers and Smith on the outside with Arenas on the slot. If full back was that important to the offense, perhaps they should have invested in that position a little more in the draft. I don't think Cooper is as bad as he's shown the last few weeks. I think he's going through some rookie growing pains. But I really think that Arenas trade has hampered this defensive secondary when they play teams like the Colts, Broncos, Chargers, and Patriots.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234