Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

Default The 800 pound gorilla in the room......

So here we are again. In the playoffs. And like 3 of our last 5 playoff games this one is against the colts. It has been almost 20 years since we last won a playoff game.

So what do y'all think is going to happen? Don't homer it up. Say what you really think.

My feeling is that getting this win is going to be very tough. We have never beaten the colts in the playoffs. So I think it will be very tough to win this game. If we do though I think we have a very good chance of going all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    So here we are again. In the playoffs. And like 3 of our last 5 playoff games this one is against the colts. It has been almost 20 years since we last won a playoff game.

So what do y'all think is going to happen? Don't homer it up. Say what you really think.

My feeling is that getting this win is going to be very tough. We have never beaten the colts in the playoffs. So I think it will be very tough to win this game. If we do though I think we have a very good chance of going all the way.
    D's win playoffs and SB's so its up to them
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Gonna be even harder without having Fisher in there. (Hope he gets better quick) aside from that they pretty much beat us handily on our home field 2 weeks ago. If we come out like that we'll be having to wait at least another year. Playing on their field, is gonna make it tough (even though we've been road warriors), also our secondary hasn't shown me enough to think we can shut down there wrs, and they got some good pressure on us 2 weeks ago. As much as I hope we can squeek one out I have a feeling we just have too many question marks to beat them. Would take a complete game by our team and we haven't been able to do that against good teams all year. Here's hoping I'm proved wrong. Go Chiefs!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

We win games by getting pressure on the QB and winning the turnover battle. If we do those two things, we will win.
    Without QB pressure our secondary will get exposed for the 8th straight week.

Their young players have been streaky. Both teams are capable of laying an egg in this game. I think there will be too much pressure on their young offense applied by the situation and our defense for them to perform the way they did 2 weeks ago. I also think the extremely cold temperatures had more of an effect on our defense than their offense. I don't see the same performance coming from our defense in the dome. I also don't think we're going to turn the ball over 4 times again like we did in the first meeting.

I actually think the Chiefs will shock a few people and win this one handily. Call me an optimist, but the team is getting healthy and they're all pretty well rested. I doubt the coaching staff did too much game planning for the Chargers game and had a head start on their plans for the Colts last week. I didn't view last week's game as anything more than a bye week for the starters and the coaching staff... and we all know what kind of record Reid has when he has extra time to prepare. There are plenty of reasons why I expect a win from a Chiefs team that has played pretty well on the road all season.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Their young players have been streaky. Both teams are capable of laying an egg in this game. I think there will be too much pressure on their young offense applied by the situation and our defense for them to perform the way they did 2 weeks ago. I also think the extremely cold temperatures had more of an effect on our defense than their offense. I don't see the same performance coming from our defense in the dome. I also don't think we're going to turn the ball over 4 times again like we did in the first meeting.

I actually think the Chiefs will shock a few people and win this one handily. Call me an optimist, but the team is getting healthy and they're all pretty well rested. I doubt the coaching staff did too much game planning for the Chargers game and had a head start on their plans for the Colts last week. I didn't view last week's game as anything more than a bye week for the starters and the coaching staff... and we all know what kind of record Reid has when he has extra time to prepare. There are plenty of reasons why I expect a win from a Chiefs team that has played pretty well on the road all season.
    That is an EXCELLENT point that I had not thought about.

Optimistic or not, your entire post makes good arguments that our Chiefs will win on Saturday.

Reid's post season expierience is pivotal here. That's going to be our deciding factor. Now the AFC championship game is a different story that's usually when Reid lays an egg

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Reid's post season expierience is pivotal here. That's going to be our deciding factor. Now the AFC championship game is a different story that's usually when Reid lays an egg
    Perhaps if Reid can get us out of our playoff losing streak then maybe we can help him break his problem with Conference Championship games.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Perhaps if Reid can get us out of our playoff losing streak then maybe we can help him break his problem with Conference Championship games.
    CHEERS! I'll drink to that!

As will I!!!!! Get the monkey off both our backs!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast