at
    Lucas Oil Stadium

Indianapolis, Indiana

Television coverage:

NBC

Watch online:

WiZiWiG.tv
    VIPBoxUS.co
    VIPBox.net Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5 Link 6 Link 7 Link 8 Link 9 Link 10 Link 11
    SeriousSportsTV.net Link 1 HD Link 2 (VLC Plugin required)
    atdhe.eu
    Feed2All.eu
    OleOleTV.me (formerly Day.to) Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5 Link 6
    Link 7 Link 8 Link 9 Link 10 Link 11 Link 12
    ilemi.pe (scroll down to Chiefs games - 7 links)
    NutJob.eu Link 1 Link 2
    TV-Link.me.uk (scroll down)
    DraculaStream.eu (Select "other and scroll down - 6 Links)
    NeoLive.eu (scroll down to Chiefs games - 7 links)
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I don't feel as bad after this lose as after 2010 the a whopping the Ravens gave us. That was handing your head on a platter bad, this was a close game that could have gone our way but didn't. Sure that we had such a big lead in the 3rd quarter and gave it up was bad. But you know what the sun will still come up tomorrow and life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

To me this loss does sting, but so does iodine when you disinfect a wound. If this loss is what it takes to keep the front office and coaches focused enough to field a complete four quarter dominating team that wins playoff games...so be it.

Really think our main need is still at WR. Avery and Bowe were just too inconsistent. If Albert leaves, and no dominating WR's are on the draft board, wouldn't be surprised to see us draft O-line again and try to get a stellar WR in free agency. Most teams avoid drafting safeties very high, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're able to snag better DB's in the later rounds. Bowe might have some trade value, as Texaschief has pointed out in other posts.
    Dorsey/Reid are the type of guys that will always be looking at the BEEF on either side of the ball when it comes to their top draft pick. Dorsey has already stated as much. They'll look at DB's in later rounds and FA.

I don't know if another team is going to be interested in Bowe with his current salary.

Albert can walk. The Chiefs don't need to pay him top-10 LT money with Stephenson and Fisher already on board and they can use that money to address other needs. Resigning Albert to top 10 LT money or franchising him makes no sense. There are going to be FA's out there that will want to come to KC this offseason and Justin Houston and Geoff Schwartz need to be taken care of, as well.

My personal choice for the upcoming draft with the top draft pick is another pass-rusher. We saw what happened to this Defense when Hali and Houston went down with injuries, but if they do decide on another O-lineman, I won't complain. It's just that another premium Defensive Front 7 player is a greater need for the time being.

It could very well turn out that what happened today could be the best thing that could have happened to them going into next season. Any fat heads that were out there got deflated & the reality that the Chiefs are still a work in progress should be the prevailing mindset. The progress this year did go better than expected, but we know for sure there's still work to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I don't feel as bad after this lose as after 2010 the a whopping the Ravens gave us. That was handing your head on a platter bad, this was a close game that could have gone our way but didn't. Sure that we had such a big lead in the 3rd quarter and gave it up was bad. But you know what the sun will still come up tomorrow and life goes on.
    I feel this was worse, 2010 was a questionable team (one win against playoff team, seahawks) and were questioning Cassel. Chiefs scored first and lost, this one chiefs have a 28 POINT LEAD! And you just see a collapse, a majority of fans knew something was going to happen, i don't think there was 1 chiefs fan who thought when they got the 28 point lead the game was over and the chiefs would win, everyone knew something was going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I feel this was worse, 2010 was a questionable team (one win against playoff team, seahawks) and were questioning Cassel. Chiefs scored first and lost, this one chiefs have a 28 POINT LEAD! And you just see a collapse, a majority of fans knew something was going to happen, i don't think there was 1 chiefs fan who thought when they got the 28 point lead the game was over and the chiefs would win, everyone knew something was going to happen
    I agree that was worse then 2010.

2010 the Chiefs weren't blown out from begining to end like many today think. They had to lead until almost halftime. The 2nd half got away from them. It was their first playoff game with this group and that happens to a lot of teams in their first playoff game. You could at least understand that. Though it was a let down still.

Today This team came out on fire. Took the HUGE lead. Then gave it all away. The defense continued to show they don't show up for big games. Today was a much harder blow then 2010.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree that was worse then 2010.

2010 the Chiefs weren't blown out from begining to end like many today think. They had to lead until almost halftime. The 2nd half got away from them. It was their first playoff game with this group and that happens to a lot of teams in their first playoff game. You could at least understand that. Though it was a let down still.

Today This team came out on fire. Took the HUGE lead. Then gave it all away. The defense continued to show they don't show up for big games. Today was a much harder blow then 2010.
    Agreed this was worse, the last 2 playoff losses (ravens 10 & Colts 06) where both against better teams and we were soundly beaten in both. Blowing a 28 point lead just makes it even harder to take, with a very tough looking schedule next year this was really the year we could have achieved something.

I didn't see it coming at all when we went up big. There where lots of factors but I think the Smith fumble was what started it all. We where on a good looking time consuming drive just after they'd scored and then Mathis makes that play and the momentum shifted completely.

That was a tough one :( But i am optimistic for next year - at least it was a way better season than expected. But right now...... :(

Of all the bitter pills to swallow, this was the bitterest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    +1. Something tells me liquor isn't going to make this any easier, but it beats not trying anything.
    At least it let me sleep for a few hours. And while I was sleeping I wasn't hurting. Now I am awake again. This sucks.....

I gave up alcohol and soda for the year, so i had to deal with this loss sober all day

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I gave up alcohol and soda for the year, so i had to deal with this loss sober all day
    Good on you for the mental fortitude! HONESTLY! I complement you! More than I could do. Even VAST quantities of booze have not fixed this for me yet. But I am getting there. No more Wild Turkey until I have something good to post here. Just beer until I get over the shock and horror.