Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Sutton and....

Default Fire Sutton and....

OK, this probably won't happen. Sutton is not as bad as GRob (ooh I just got a nasty chill typing that name), but he does not know how to adjust. We could do a lot better for DC.

Furthermore the title of this thread is somewhat hypothetical because I don't think Andy will fire his friend Sutton. That said, who would you want as the Chiefs next DC is by some miracle Sutton was dumped?... And why?

- Wade Phillips?
    - Ray Horton?
    - Any of the recently fired HCs?

Suttons problem is that he keeps believing his players are good enough to cover a receiver that a bad Qb is throwing to. At the start of the year we were looking at Cooper as a steal. He soon became a liability yet he kept leaving him out there on an island. They ended up Benching him and put Dunta Robinson in there until they remembered why Cooper was playing in the first place. At no point did I ever see this team this year play anything but Man to Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    A great coach can win no matter what players he has. Going to that zone, prevent in the second half killed us. Isn't the whole idea of a prevent to give up little yards here and there but never the big play? WTF? Someone needs to coach these chiefs how to do that! We can't even hold a 28 point lead is saddening.
    I totally disagree with the bolded part. I agree with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Suttons problem is that he keeps believing his players are good enough to cover a receiver that a bad Qb is throwing to. At the start of the year we were looking at Cooper as a steal. He soon became a liability yet he kept leaving him out there on an island. They ended up Benching him and put Dunta Robinson in there until they remembered why Cooper was playing in the first place. At no point did I ever see this team this year play anything but Man to Man.
    All man to man... Your crazy. When you blitz you have to play cover 1 or man, howevr, rewatch the long pass to Hilton that gave them the lead, straight up Cover 2. No reason a single reciever gets over the top on two safeties. Right call that time of the game, very poor execution by two deep halves in cover 2.

I believe the defense went from attack to preserve, and that was a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Yup! "Prevent" most always prevents you from winning the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    yeah with a 28 pt lead you don't go in the prevent. it was disgusting to watch
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    yeah with a 28 pt lead you don't go in the prevent. it was disgusting to watch
    Well you can if you have that big a lead with less than five minutes to go in the game, but I've never been a big fan of the "prevent".

Bottom line is that Bob Sutton has got to learn to make adjustments and do a better job of that. If he can't do that in 2014, then it's time to look for a new DC.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Bottom line is that Bob Sutton has got to learn to make adjustments and do a better job of that. If he can't do that in 2014, then it's time to look for a new DC.
    exactly how I feel. Gotta give him a second year with some better players to work with. I'm not a fan of firing coaches or coordinators after 1 year. It's pretty hard to get players that run your scheme well in one year. Would like to see adjustments made as games progress. Not sure how much was poor planning an how much was poor play, but def need some change next year. Was happy to see the offense open up and feel good about it moving forward, especially if we can get some better wr, and add some depth at ol when Albert leaves. The future appears bright for us!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yup! "Prevent" most always prevents you from winning the game.
    Spot on. And if you go that route, count on the Andrew Lucks, Peyton Mannings & Tom Bradys of the NFL to rip you apart every time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast