Thread: DeMarcus Ware anyone?

Default DeMarcus Ware anyone?

I only say this because I really wanted him for the Chiefs in the draft. When Dallas took him a few spots ahead of us we had to "settle" for DJ. Now Dallas seems about to dump him.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/6/5279644/demarcus-ware-contract-cowboys-offseason-decisions

Does anyone think there's anything left in his tank? Does he even fit our D scheme?
    Last edited by Frankenchief; 01-06-2014 at 12:24 PM.

We dont need him. We have houston and hali and I think ware would be a down grade.

i think we have far more immediate pressing needs and not a whole ton of cap room to maneuver with. im not sure if ware's realistically on anyone's radar in the organization.

He had the fewest tackles (40, 28 solo) and fewest sacks (6.0) of his career, this year. We also have a solid defensive line in TJ, Poe and DeVito. At best Ware could be used for depth as a converted linebacker, and he would come at too high a price for that. Let's spend what little money we have on d-backs and another WR.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    He had the fewest tackles (40, 28 solo) and fewest sacks (6.0) of his career, this year. We also have a solid defensive line in TJ, Poe and DeVito. At best Ware could be used for depth as a converted linebacker, and he would come at too high a price for that. Let's spend what little money we have on d-backs and another WR.
    You are quite correct about Ware. The Chiefs won't be able to afford him.

However, TJ is no longer under contract & the Chiefs do not have any 3-4 DE's that can attack the QB, similar to Mohammed Wilkerson of the Jets, and they certainly could use one. I'm keeping an eye on a guy named Stephon Tuitt, a 6-6 312 DE that does have pass-rush skills and carries a mid to late 1st round grade in the 2014 draft. If he's there, the Chiefs have to strongly consider him. I'm aware of the need for DB's, but you don't pass on a chance to bolster your Defensive Front 7, if a guy like Tuitt is available. If the Defensive Front 7 can't stop the run or rush the passer, it won't matter who's playing DB, as was clearly illustrated in the mid to late 80's when the Chiefs had that great Secondary of Lewis-Ross-Burruss-Cherry, but their Front 7 was weak and they had repeated trouble stopping opposing Offenses.