Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oregon speedster De’Anthony Thomas enters the 2014 NFL Draft

Default Oregon speedster De’Anthony Thomas enters the 2014 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Did you watch tonight's BCS Champship game? Yes, Benjamin caught the winning TD, and admittedly in a nice manner. But he dropped a few catchable balls that killed FSU drives. Now everyone roasts Bowe about that, do you want another Bowe on the roster then?
    No, I work nights so I missed out on the game. Keep in mind it's college ball where fumbles & dropped passes aren't job killers like they are in the NFL (It's also why I prefer NFL to college ball).

My draft gunsights aren't "fixed" on Benjiman. Regardless of whether we keep Bowe or not, we still need another physical WR to give Alex Smith a consistent weapon to throw to. We've already got speedy reciever dept. covered with McCluster & Jenkins. Hemmingway is doing great but I do not see him intimidating other defenses to the point where they'd double team him.

And yes Bowe is going to get raked over the coals for dropping passes earlier this season, and for the Riverside incident as well. I don't agree with Texaschief all the time, but in this case he makes a valid point; Why pay top dollar for an inconsistent reciever when you can draft a WR that won't cost top five money that might develop into a consistently good reciever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12