Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oregon speedster De’Anthony Thomas enters the 2014 NFL Draft

Default Oregon speedster De’Anthony Thomas enters the 2014 NFL Draft

He's a bit small for an NFL WR (5'9" 176 lbs) but with his speed I don't know if that would matter. I think we will take defense with our first pick. I'm not sure he will still be there in the 3rd round.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

We need a speedster with some height on him. Tired of the mcclusters. Avery has the speed but not sure why he cant be more consistent. I think missing our 2nd round pick is going to hurt us a lil. Wonder if we can tag albert again then trade him. Even if we get a low pick its still some5hing.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We need a speedster with some height on him. Tired of the mcclusters. Avery has the speed but not sure why he cant be more consistent. I think missing our 2nd round pick is going to hurt us a lil. Wonder if we can tag albert again then trade him. Even if we get a low pick its still some5hing.
    Forget it. They already tried that and there were no takers. Let Albert walk and move on and perhaps get a compensatory pick in 2015.

We've already got speedy recievers in Avery, McCluster and Jenkins. Avery's dropped way too many passes, Jenkins is just now getting a handle on the offense and hopefully we can re-sign McCluster. If we're going WR, I'd like to see us get a big physical go-to reciever, like Kelvin Benjiman.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    We've already got speedy recievers in Avery, McCluster and Jenkins. Avery's dropped way too many passes, Jenkins is just now getting a handle on the offense and hopefully we can re-sign McCluster. If we're going WR, I'd like to see us get a big physical go-to reciever, like Kelvin Benjiman.
    We will re-sign Dexter. Andy loves him, and I don't think Dexter is the diva type demanding big money.

Avery is a dome WR as I mentioned in another thread. His success was with the Rams and Colts and yesterday under the Indi dome. So he can't be relied on for us.

If Jenkins improves as he has been showing some signs recently, we may not need a speed receiver. But do we know he will improve?

As for Benjamin, I looked at some of his highlights and I cannot get the Baldwin comparison out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    He's a bit small for an NFL WR (5'9" 176 lbs) but with his speed I don't know if that would matter. I think we will take defense with our first pick. I'm not sure he will still be there in the 3rd round.
    Do you know how big TY Hilton is???

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    We will re-sign Dexter. Andy loves him, and I don't think Dexter is the diva type demanding big money.

Avery is a dome WR as I mentioned in another thread. His success was with the Rams and Colts and yesterday under the Indi dome. So he can't be relied on for us.

If Jenkins improves as he has been showing some signs recently, we may not need a speed receiver. But do we know he will improve?

As for Benjamin, I looked at some of his highlights and I cannot get the Baldwin comparison out of my head.
    The main reason why I'm going towards Benjiman, or a big go-to reciever, is based on what's probably going to happen with Bowe. The dust still hasn't settled from the Riverside incident, and his salary is definitely not going to be cap friendly or match his performance (lots of dropped passes). Hemmingway is coming along nicely, but we'll still need a another consistent threat to really be aggressive with a pass-first offense.

I still believe the top pick will be a pass-rusher like Stephon Tuitt or Trent Murphy. WR's will probably come in rounds 3 through 7 or via FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The main reason why I'm going towards Benjiman, or a big go-to reciever, is based on what's probably going to happen with Bowe. The dust still hasn't settled from the Riverside incident, and his salary is definitely not going to be cap friendly or match his performance (lots of dropped passes). Hemmingway is coming along nicely, but we'll still need a another consistent threat to really be aggressive with a pass-first offense.
    Did you watch tonight's BCS Champship game? Yes, Benjamin caught the winning TD, and admittedly in a nice manner. But he dropped a few catchable balls that killed FSU drives. Now everyone roasts Bowe about that, do you want another Bowe on the roster then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast