Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Sutton and....

Default Fire Sutton and....

OK, this probably won't happen. Sutton is not as bad as GRob (ooh I just got a nasty chill typing that name), but he does not know how to adjust. We could do a lot better for DC.

Furthermore the title of this thread is somewhat hypothetical because I don't think Andy will fire his friend Sutton. That said, who would you want as the Chiefs next DC is by some miracle Sutton was dumped?... And why?

- Wade Phillips?
    - Ray Horton?
    - Any of the recently fired HCs?

If we fire him, I still want to stay a 3-4 defense, but yeah, teams have been suing the same blueprint against us for like two months

I agree 100% fire Sutton

I say you don't fire Sutton. It's his first year as our DC. You've got to give him some time. We need to get some players on that side of the ball that can play the game the way the coaches want it done. If we do that and still have issues then fire him. But not without giving him the chance to get good players. It's not his fault that Robinson can't cover any more than it was his fat that Copper was getting lit up early in the year. Gotta give him time to implement his defense with his type of players. As bad as it sucks to have lost, were leaps and bounds ahead of where we were last year. You take the best player off any team in the playoffs and it's gonna be hard for them to win. Now lose 5 good players in the same game and becomes even more difficult. We have to learn to win in the playoffs. Unfortunately most I our guys don't know how to win there yet, but here's hoping this was the first step in that direction. Next year we have a tougher schedule and hopefully a better more focused team!! Either way I'm proud of this team!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I say you don't fire Sutton. It's his first year as our DC. You've got to give him some time. We need to get some players on that side of the ball that can play the game the way the coaches want it done.
    I'm USUALLY in the same boat as what you are saying. And I'm sure Andy and Dorsey see it that way too. But the exception to my personal rule is this went on week in and week out. Our D got adjusted upon and Sutton was not imaginative enough to anticipate their adjustments. Hence, almost no nail left on my hands thanks to all those 'adventurous' 2nd halves. This is very frustrating and sometimes heartbreaking. Fans don't deserve this. With a 28 point lead in the 2nd half yesterday I was still nervous hat we might still lose the game.

An imaginative DC puts himself in the shoes of the opposition's OC at halftime. "What would I do if I were him?" he should think, "And what should I do to counter?" Sutton has been woefully short on imagination and it has cost us dearly this season.

It just looks like we should not pass up on someone like Wade Phillips now that he may be available. Not a great HC, but a great DC.

I agree with Tbone here. We need some coaching consistency after years of revolving doors. Sutton lapsed by not double teaming Hilton, but our secondary was $#@! To begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    OK, this probably won't happen. Sutton is not as bad as GRob (ooh I just got a nasty chill typing that name), but he does not know how to adjust. We could do a lot better for DC.

Furthermore the title of this thread is somewhat hypothetical because I don't think Andy will fire his friend Sutton. That said, who would you want as the Chiefs next DC is by some miracle Sutton was dumped?... And why?

- Wade Phillips?
    - Ray Horton?
    - Any of the recently fired HCs?
    Well, if it comes to that...My pick of the bunch would be Wade Phillips.

Don't think Sutton will get the axe, provided that Andy Reid sticks with the 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Well, if it comes to that...My pick of the bunch would be Wade Phillips.

Don't think Sutton will get the axe, provided that Andy Reid sticks with the 3-4.
    I agree. I really like Horton too, but he is young and in the NFL HC pool every year. Phillips has had his HC experience. I think he's now going to be a DC for life. That gives us more coaching staff stability.

Any other candidates?

BTW, Gunther Cunningham is now available too!

;)

Time wont change if you know how to make adjustments or not or game plan!!!!!! Those things are why you are hired!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast