Thread: Positives from Play off game

Default Positives from Play off game

I know everyone is upset, but there is a few good things about that game that has me excited.

1. Alex Smith what a performance. I was on the fence with him being a Game Manager but the plays he was making has me comfortable as the QB. I do think he can take us to the superbowl but not alone. He needs help.

2. Our offense was the laughing joke of the NFL up to week 9. They proved they can score and move the ball through the air and on the ground. Despite the biggest weapon being out.

3. Knile Davis - There is rumors starting in KC that J. Charles should hold out next year for a bigger contract becuase he is only making 2 million. This is just rumor by the media howerver, the performance of the Knile Davis, gives the Chiefs leverage should a hold out occur.

4. It also becomes painfully clear that we need help in some positions. Four of the top 7 Salary cap hits next year are in the secondary with Berry, Flowers, Smith and Dunta Robinson. With all the money spent in the secondary they were the biggest liability.

Offense was awesome......in the first half

second half...not so much

The offense there's a TON to be postive about. Some talk about the 2nd half being down well that would happen to a lot of teams being without there MVP. And then lose Avery after he made a big play in an already weak WR core you really don't expect to have some trouble?

Bottom line about the offense they put up 44 points. In this offensive league THIS NFL season only 2 games were lost when 1 team scored over 40 points. There are 256 NFL games. 2/256 is 0.008% so teams who had 40 points win 99.992% of the time. All this with only having Charles 5 plays I don't see any reason to be anything but positive about the offense. Need WR and Te help for sure but they were outstanding in the biggest game of the year.

The defense is anther story. No reason to be positive about them at all
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I know everyone is upset, but there is a few good things about that game that has me excited.

1. Alex Smith what a performance. I was on the fence with him being a Game Manager but the plays he was making has me comfortable as the QB. I do think he can take us to the superbowl but not alone. He needs help.

2. Our offense was the laughing joke of the NFL up to week 9. They proved they can score and move the ball through the air and on the ground. Despite the biggest weapon being out.

3. Knile Davis - There is rumors starting in KC that J. Charles should hold out next year for a bigger contract becuase he is only making 2 million. This is just rumor by the media howerver, the performance of the Knile Davis, gives the Chiefs leverage should a hold out occur.

4. It also becomes painfully clear that we need help in some positions. Four of the top 7 Salary cap hits next year are in the secondary with Berry, Flowers, Smith and Dunta Robinson. With all the money spent in the secondary they were the biggest liability.
    Jamaal shouldn't have to hold out, he's the most un-selfish player we have. Pay him more money within reason and cut elsewhere, Jaamal making only 2 mil a year while Brandon Albert made 9 mil this year is a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Jamaal shouldn't have to hold out, he's the most un-selfish player we have. Pay him more money within reason and cut elsewhere, Jaamal making only 2 mil a year while Brandon Albert made 9 mil this year is a disgrace
    +1. Jamaal has been an absolute rock during a lot of rough years, I'm glad he was here this year and looking forward to what he can do in year 2 of Reid's offense. Keep in mind Reid NEVER had a back like Jamaal. No disrespect to what Brian Westbrook accomplished, but he's no JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Albert won't be getting 9 million from the Chiefs in 2014. for sure. Especially if they are looking to sign Alex Smith to a long-term deal and Justin Houston also needs to be taken of, as well. There is no benefit in resigning Albert, especially with Stephenson and Fisher available to play LT. Let Albert walk and get a compensatory pick for it in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I'm not ready to put Knile anywhere in Jamaal's neighborhood in talent and reliability. He had a solid game. That's all. I guess we (at least I, anyway) have been so conditioned to expect a fumble when he carries the ball, that we tend to give him too much credit for a solid fumble-less game.

I am not saying he is J. Charles or even an elite RB like Charlest, but the team does not completely rely on Charles. When I saw Charles go down I was thinking game over. And just like Kniles. Charles had a reputation of fumbling when he joined the Chiefs, just as did Larry Johnson before him. Fact of the matter Any Reid says he works very hard and puts in his time and he trust him running the ball even after fumbling twice in a game.