Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opponents for 2014

Last year we thought the NFC East would be tough, but it wasn't. So who knows what happens between now and then. Maybe a couple of opposing QB are out for the year you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I welcome the tough schedule! If we make the post season with this regular season schedule then I'll be much more confident in our ability to be competitive in the playoffs.
    With the exceptions of New England, Seattle and SF...I'm thinking we're going to have another good year.

Yes the Indy playoff loss sucked, but I'd to point out with the exception of the regular season Indy game, we were competitive in every game we lost, and in most cases it was the Chiefs shooting themselves in the foot, not what the other team did. Plenty of teams out there shoot themselves in the foot, but they're also in a position where they've lost the ballgame regardless of what they did wrong or right.

IMHO the key to next year is sweeping our division. Three teams in the AFC West went into the playoffs this year. That's saying something. If Andrew Luck hadn't had a ball bounce right back to him near the end zone, there'd still be three AFC West teams in the playoffs.

If we sweep our division, and cut the number of times we shoot ourselves in the foot in half, can see us going 13-3 or 12-4. If we don't, the sky isn't falling, but imagine we'll go 10-6.

Way to early to judge a schedule the NFL could look 100% different. Remember the NFC east as noted above was suppose to be strong and the AFC west was suppose to be weak. At the look right now it will be a tough schedule but who knows what the NFL will look like next season
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Way to early to judge a schedule the NFL could look 100% different. Remember the NFC east as noted above was suppose to be strong and the AFC west was suppose to be weak. At the look right now it will be a tough schedule but who knows what the NFL will look like next season
    Granted it IS early, and normally I wait to see the team schedule before even trying to make a prediction, but my first reaction to reading that list was that there wasn't anybody on the list that stood out as "Write THAT game off". And yeah there's a lot that can happen between now and September, with free agency, the draft & injuries, but as long as Reid & Dorsey are working at correcting this teams' problems, there's no reason why we shouldn't have another good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Granted it IS early, and normally I wait to see the team schedule before even trying to make a prediction, but my first reaction to reading that list was that there wasn't anybody on the list that stood out as "Write THAT game off". And yeah there's a lot that can happen between now and September, with free agency, the draft & injuries, but as long as Reid & Dorsey are working at correcting this teams' problems, there's no reason why we shouldn't have another good year.

Yep the teams that have good front offices and coaches find a way to be good no matter who they play in a given season. That's what we need to become. Right now it looks like that's going to be a huge test. But we will just have to wait and see how things play out
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12