Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith's Contract

Default Alex Smith's Contract

Looking ahead,I hope it is on Dorsey's agenda to extend A.Smith's contract this offseason. He has a year left, but I want to lock him up now, before he hits the market. If he has a whole year like the last half if this year, then he is going to command a contract like Flacco got. Right now, I think we can get him for a lot cheaper, and he probably would be happy at this point with a long term deal knowing he is the undisputed #1 QB.

As close as our salary cap is now, I cannot imagine how tight things would get for us with a huge QB contract. There are a lot of teams that are going to be struggling to sign FAs with the huge contracts they have to give to reliable QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well first. The game will be played in Arrowhead vs being played in Seattle. The Seattle Defense will not have the crowd there to help. That right there is a huge difference in your variables for comparison. Next, would be our LT. Who is he??????

Next is possibly the weather depending on when the game is played and possible injuries. Also, it is not a play off game so the urgency to give it all won't be the same.

Don't forget, Seattle would be preparing for a whole new team and coaches except for Alex.

Well first. The game will be played in Arrowhead vs being played in Seattle. The Seattle Defense will not have the crowd there to help. That right there is a huge difference in your variables for comparison. Next, would be our LT. Who is he??????

Next is possibly the weather depending on when the game is played and possible injuries. Also, it is not a play off game so the urgency to give it all won't be the same.
    Doobs said Alex can't handle Seattle's secondary. This is the arguement nothing else is being argued here factors aside we will see if Alex can play his "smart" and still aggressive offense against the best secondary in the game

Also game being played in Arrowhead doesn't impact Seattle's defense other than not hindering our offense

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Doobs said Alex can't handle Seattle's secondary. This is the arguement nothing else is being argued here factors aside we will see if Alex can play his "smart" and still aggressive offense against the best secondary in the game
    And what if the secondary is changed or their defense changes? On that day in seatle, i don't think Alex would of done anythign different than Kaep to make the game a victory for SF.

Is that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Also game being played in Arrowhead doesn't impact Seattle's defense other than not hindering our offense
    Sorry, but playing in Seattle greatly benefits Seattles Defense. Offensive lineman are going off movement instead of count. The noise energizes the defense specially when they are considered oen of the loudest stadiums. It give the defense a huge home field advantage. Being in Arrowhead gives our offense better communication and less pressure worrying about if the ball is snapped and blocking in defense but rather attacking the defense knowing the ball is snapped.

Regardless of your argument against Doobs. You can't compare any game situation to faily judge if Alex would or would not play better than Kap in that situation. Maybe in your own opinion, but that is not fair to either QB.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    And what if the secondary is changed or their defense changes? On that day in seatle, i don't think Alex would of done anythign different than Kaep to make the game a victory for SF.

Is that better.
    I think Alex would have done more in the passing game than Kap, but Kap would have been more effective running the ball which was most of San Frans sucess as Gore wasn't getting it done.

When it comes down to it. I am Glad Alex Smith is the Chiefs QB. He showed play making ability in the play off game, and is a winner. Plain and simple. Regardless of what ifs... Alex has won my loyalty as the Chiefs Qb.

I think Alex would have done more in the passing game than Kap, but Kap would have been more effective running the ball which was most of San Frans sucess as Gore wasn't getting it done.

When it comes down to it. I am Glad Alex Smith is the Chiefs QB. He showed play making ability in the play off game, and is a winner. Plain and simple. Regardless of what ifs... Alex has won my loyalty as the Chiefs Qb.
    He showed he can play, but i've seriously taken a different stance with the team, you do whatever you want in the regular season0-16 - 16-0 but if you can't win in the playoffs, then you're no different then the other chiefs teams. Being happy with just making to the playoffs as a wild card is like a C- and with a afc west title its a C+

Alex Did everything he could to win that game. It was the Defense who failed to win the play offs. In fact Alex's performance in the play offs making the plays he did, was exciting to watch. He took the inujry to J Charles on his own shoulders and made that offense click.

4 of the top 7 paid players on this team was in the secondary who failed to make the money they are being paid (Berry, Flowers, Smith and Robinson). Changes need to be focused here and not on the QB.

Really the playoff game is still being talked about?

Alex Smith put up numbers and points that had NEVER lost in a playoff game before. That tells you how much of the loss was because of the offense. And throughout the season when the scedule got tougher the offense picked up there game. The defense folded there tents up and crumbled. Again that should tell you where things need to be fixed. The offense needs WR/TE help. The defense needs a lot more then that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Pay the nan 5 yr deal 17 mil a year

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast